Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Future Development: Mirror of Glamering Preview!

Lamannia is now offering a sneak peek of a future development using the Mirror of Glamering! We've made an adjustment that now allows players to use the Mirror of Glamering on weapons and shields!

Please note that this feature is an expansion upon the version of the Mirror of Glamering currently set to be released with Update 23. Currently, the Mirror of Glamering is only confirmed to be able to be used to create a cosmetic version of armor and helmets when Update 23 is released. However, we are also working to allow players to create weapon and shield cosmetics, and are putting this preview on Lamannia now for you to take a look at, and provide us with feedback!

NOTES:

- The weapon cosmetic will only display on your character when you are wielding a weapon with the same combat style. The current combat styles are one-handed, two-handed, quarterstaff, great axe, crossbow, repeating crossbow, bow, rune arm, orb, and shield-only. Handwraps, and thrown weapons are not able to be made into cosmetics.

- Particle effects on weapons or shields (like flames) do not transfer to the cosmetic weapon or shield.

- You can get a Mirror of Glamering from the DDO Store on Lamannia (speak to Lord Poincelot for free Lamannia Turbine Points if necessary!) Additionally, Cordovan will be online from 5:00 - 6:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) today (Tuesday, September 2nd) to distribute Mirrors of Glamering in the Test Dojo. Have fun!

- This additional feature is not yet in a complete state, so expect to see some bugs and order-of-operation issues. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 09-02-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Lamannia is now offering a sneak peek of a future development using the Mirror of Glamering! We've made an adjustment that now allows players to use the Mirror of Glamering on weapons and shields!

Please note that this feature is an expansion upon the version of the Mirror of Glamering currently set to be released with Update 23. Currently, the Mirror of Glamering is only confirmed to be able to be used to create a cosmetic version of armor and helmets when Update 23 is released. However, we are also working to allow players to create weapon and shield cosmetics, and are putting this preview on Lamannia now for you to take a look at, and provide us with feedback!

NOTES:

- The weapon cosmetic will only display on your character when you are wielding a weapon with the same combat style. The current combat styles are one-handed, two-handed, quarterstaff, great axe, crossbow, repeating crossbow, bow, rune arm, orb, and shield-only. Handwraps, and thrown weapons are not able to be made into cosmetics.

- Particle effects on weapons or shields (like flames) do not transfer to the cosmetic weapon or shield.

- You can get a Mirror of Glamering from the DDO Store on Lamannia (speak to Lord Poincelot for free Lamannia Turbine Points if necessary!) Additionally, Cordovan will be online from 5:00 - 6:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) today (Tuesday, September 2nd) to distribute Mirrors of Glamering in the Test Dojo. Have fun!

- This additional feature is not yet in a complete state, so expect to see some bugs and order-of-operation issues. Thanks!
    Goggles coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Goggles coming?
    Broken in the current Lamannia build. Look for them in the next build.

Sev~

Excellent! Vary excited about this addition! Two questions:

• I'm assuming that the Weapon & Shield aspects won't be part of the U23 release - if that is true, will already purchased Mirrors retroactively gain this functionality when the +W&S version hits live? Ofc, if I'm wrong and the plan is to have it all in place for U23 then nvm & so much the better!

• A little bummed about the particle effects, as those are a big part of what I like about the Bloody Hooked Blade. Any chance that's just temporary and y'all are working on the cosmetic retaining that?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Excellent! Vary excited about this addition! Two questions:

• I'm assuming that the Weapon & Shield aspects won't be part of the U23 release - if that is true, will already purchased Mirrors retroactively gain this functionality when the +W&S version hits live? Ofc, if I'm wrong and the plan is to have it all in place for U23 then nvm & so much the better!

• A little bummed about the particle effects, as those are a big part of what I like about the Bloody Hooked Blade. Any chance that's just temporary and y'all are working on the cosmetic retaining that?
    Any Mirrors purchased when Update 23 comes out will work with cosmetic weapons and shields whenever that functionality is enabled. If we can get this done for Update 23 we'd love to, but we'd rather get the Mirror out for Armor, Helmets, and Goggles and then add in Weapons and Shields in a later update if necessary. We're not yet ready to talk more about particle effects, but we are investigating various possibilities.
    Join us on Twitch!

Well, there's the answer to the horrible design of some of the thunderforged stuff. So basically, the item we're copying has to be the same type as the one we're using? So if I like the design of say the blade of fury, I use the mirror and make the silly thunderforged greatsword look a little cooler. Sweet. Look forward to that implementation. So are you guys now adding several more slots (instead of just two) so we can also fit hand slots with cosmetics or will those 2 be it?

We're not yet ready to talk more about particle effects, but we are investigating various possibilities.
    Please investigate the option to allow us to choose whether to keep the particle effects or not as well. I'm not a fan of most particle effects and would rather have a choice about them.

I just want to say that this is brilliant addition to the game. While many players won't have any interest in it, others will, and it should be a healthy source of revenue.

Coming next: Cosmetic mounts for in town.
    Someone got it wrong. Everyone expected the Spanish Inquisition because they were required to give 30 days notice, by law.
    I can be found on Orien. My more active toons are Cilon, Solstone in Your Pack, and sometimes Acroyer.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Very nice, even without particle effects there are some very nice basic weapon & shield skins in the game

Weapon animation set is fair enough & makes sense for engine reasons, but am I right in guessing weight class on shield won't be an issue, so my swashbuckler can have a Death's Door skin on his buckler?
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Very nice, even without particle effects there are some very nice basic weapon & shield skins in the game

Weapon animation set is fair enough & makes sense for engine reasons, but am I right in guessing weight class on shield won't be an issue, so my swashbuckler can have a Death's Door skin on his buckler?
    Yes, shield weight class shouldn't make a difference.
    Join us on Twitch!

So absolutely awesome this is getting implemented. I'd also pay for sprite cosmetics for weapons as a new slot, kind of like how path of exile does it.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

NOTES:

When you say particle effects don't carry over, does that mean they you get the effects from the wielded weapon instead of the mirrored one, or you get no effects at all?

Do all coloring effects count as particle effects, or just cloudy ones, like Holy? (trying to decide if the mirror is just changing the shape or also color effects, like anarchic)
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!

THANK GOODNESS. Because the Thunderforged Staff looks like a toilet plunger.

Does this mean "if you use the mirror on an item with a particle effect, it doesn't show on the cosmetic you make" or "the particle effect on your currently equipped weapon won't appear on the cosmetic"?
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Does this mean I will be able to fire bolts out of Sword of Shadows?

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    "- The weapon cosmetic will only display on your character when you are wielding a weapon with the same combat style. The current combat styles are one-handed, two-handed, quarterstaff, great axe, crossbow, repeating crossbow, bow, rune arm, orb, and shield-only. Handwraps, and thrown weapons are not able to be made into cosmetics."

So no.. you could have a sword of shadows skin on a maul or a scimmy graphic on a light pick since theyre both generic 2-handed & 1-handed, but a repeater would have to be another repeater
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by LuKaSu View Post
    When you say particle effects don't carry over, does that mean they you get the effects from the wielded weapon instead of the mirrored one, or you get no effects at all?
    If your cosmetic is overriding your normal weapon then no particle effects should show at all. They don't somehow bleed through from the wielded weapon around the new cosmetic look.

As an example of how this works:

You use the Mirror of Glamering to copy the look of a long sword with a shadowy aura. You equip the cosmetic in the weapon cosmetic slot.

~ If you are holding a one handed weapon it looks like the long sword cosmetic with no aura or particle effects.
    ~ If you are holding a two handed weapon or a ranged weapon the cosmetic has no effect and does not change the appearance.

Sev~

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Yes, shield weight class shouldn't make a difference.
    OOooo...guess my Wiz-Tank Rebuild is going to being hunting down a Madstone Aegis for cosmetic purposes...it looks all magicky :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Does this mean we'll get cosmetic slots for both separate hands? (Used for weapon1, weapon1+shield, or weapon1+weapon2)

We're not yet ready to talk more about particle effects, but we are investigating various possibilities.
    Hopefully we can use the cosmetics to get rid of the stink clouds effect on the thunderforged weapons. Those weapon models look great, but the effect looks terrible!

Anyway, glad you're finally making these! Hoping they stay accessible with reasonable prices, or random drops.
    Last edited by Ovrad; 09-02-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Broken in the current Lamannia build. Look for them in the next build.

Sev~
    First off I would really like to thank you for doing this it has been my(and possibly many others) desire to have more character customization and believe me when this is finished I will be throwing money at you hand over foot . Now I'm not sure if it was said some where(yes I did scan the post) but could we please unbind goggle's and helms i.e. make them a separate from each other so I can wear my glowy eyes with helms. Thank you and keep up the amazing work.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast