Thread: leveling help

Community Member

Default leveling help

I have been playing DDO for 3 years and been vip at least 1 time only but I am at a point where I must ask when will there be more Free to play quests available for the game. Honestly the game in perspective should balance the f2p and p2p quests to have people that can not afford vip or I should say people that does not have the money to get vip or turbine points to advance further in the game. Even if you farm turbine points on other servers and characters it would take days even years just to gain enough to advance further in game I should know cause honestly not everyone has the time to just sit and farm turbine points. hopefully i have others that say the same if not i say this. Everyone has their own opinion.

Sincerely, White-night (AKA) James Davis

Quote Originally Posted by white-night View Post
    I have been playing DDO for 3 years and been vip at least 1 time only but I am at a point where I must ask when will there be more Free to play quests available for the game. Honestly the game in perspective should balance the f2p and p2p quests to have people that can not afford vip or I should say people that does not have the money to get vip or turbine points to advance further in the game. Even if you farm turbine points on other servers and characters it would take days even years just to gain enough to advance further in game I should know cause honestly not everyone has the time to just sit and farm turbine points. hopefully i have others that say the same if not i say this. Everyone has their own opinion.

Sincerely, White-night (AKA) James Davis
    If you were VIP for one month, that is 500 TP unless you have to be on a plan to get that deal (not sure, never seen the point in VIP).

Grinding the old fashioned way...
    400 Favor (unlocking Drow) = 100 TP (old server) = Approx. level 6 (Use DDO Wiki to confirm, may be off).

Level 6 takes me about 3 to 4 days (thanks to knowing the lower quests to well) as a F2P and my play time.
    So 1000k TP (Able to purchase most upper level stuff takes you about 40 days or a little over a month of playing (You can convert to your average monthly playing time). You should have 3 packs by now.

So you don't have to spend money, but it does speed things up. Also, 400 Favor at the lower levels is easier/faster than the upper levels to farm.

Community Member

It will come back to the same old f2p/vip: If you have lot of time (no job or whatever) well you can spend time farming the favor to get Tp. If you dont have time (working?) well, can always buy the packs you want... if you are not in any of the above situation, only god may help you! :O

Ok, serious now I doubt they plan to add any low level (1-10 (to my understanding, you are probably not lvl 20 yet)) in the near future. If they do add a low lvl pack, I guess it will have 2 or 3 F2P quest in it (not the biggest / more rewarding one) in it.

I understand how you feel (Been F2P for a while when I started) I would also like to see a little more F2P content (not too much), but if you dont want to farm a little favor (or spend a couple bucks) on it... And you dont HAVE to go VIP, Premium is nice too. Trow a 20-40$ and you can get quite a few packs whit it (+wait for sales for maximizing TPs) I know some people dont have time to farm the game and dont have money to spend on it, well ... too bad! cant say much more, at the moment Im pretty sure there is enough F2P content to go up to lvl20 with some... determination? (never said it would be easy!).

+ farming Favor is somewhat playing the game also...

I'll have to disagree on this one as well. DDO has the great system where you can earn your way if you don't have real money or don't want to spend it, unlike many other games you can earn access to new content and unlock new races/classes/higher pt build.

Also, if you plan it out right you can cap just fine on free to play even without packs. after you are done with acid with and delirium you should be at least level 17, after that you can still get first time completion bonus on each challenge (1 free a day) and farm the entire lord of dust chain. so even without favor-grinding new content it is possible to cap.

if you grind smart and buy vale or even better (but more expensive) the challenge pack (it's not as fun as vale but in the end its unlimited xp and unlimited true hearts, a good investment because you can always cap and tr regardless of how many quests are left)

one thing I will give you is that I think ED's should be free to play. It's just my opinion but I see the destiny system as an epic follow up on the enhancement system heroic levels use and I think they should be for everybody. Free to play is pretty worthless at epic lvls without gear and ED's. Also I don't know if the expansion pack can be bought with TP now but it wasn't possible at first, I think that should be possible.

~aid

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by white-night View Post
    I have been playing DDO for 3 years and been vip at least 1 time only but I am at a point where I must ask when will there be more Free to play quests available for the game. Honestly the game in perspective should balance the f2p and p2p quests to have people that can not afford vip or I should say people that does not have the money to get vip or turbine points to advance further in the game.
    You do realize "F2P" is just a marketing term because it rolls off the tongue better than "free sample of our game to entice you into spending money in our online store," right? They're not doing this to be altruistic, after all, they're in it to make money, like any Coin Lord worth their plat would.

Anyway, if you do the 100-Favor Dash on all 8 servers, that's 1,000 TPs; enough to unlock, say, Gianthold. Between that and the F2P quests, you ought to be able to hit the mid-to-upper teens before needing to unlock more content. Sure, you'll have to do a lot of quest-grinding, particularly once you hit the early teens, but that's the "nuisance tax" which goes along with being a cheapskate (or broke).

I recommend saving your pennies and watching for the next time the MotU SE goes on sale. It's been half-price ($17.50) at least twice since it came out last year and I wouldn't be surprised if we see another sale before or shortly after Shadowfell comes out. Lots of content, plus druids, EDs, 1,000 TPs, and Vet I status - that's quite a bit if you haven't unlocked any of that yet.