Default thinking of coming back also......sorry repost from wrong forums

So my life is not as extreme as it has been for the past 2 years. I may actually have some time to play. I've kept my sub active the whole time.
    I took a few minutes to browse the forums (OMG major changes in appearance) trying to get a sense of the drift that the game has taken.

Well I'm Frackin clueless!

I don't know if my main(do we still have mains and alts) a warforged Barbarian is even viable to get off Korthos (is Korthos still there?) Folks talking about Epic gears, rare drops, needed items and having to TR at least 3 times to be viable at end game! what are free roaming hirelings? what are enchantedments?

Is the game still fun for the casual adventurer who wants to play a couple of times a week at most? So are we still in Stormreach? another continent? perhaps a different planet?
    Last edited by baylensman; 07-29-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: need glasses

Sarlona Guild of the Black Dragon
    Egrofraw, Eighttrack, Fearstryker, Foecleaver, Ferricgnome, Rustoleum, SoPretty

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Welcome back.

The biggest change in the last two years was the release of MotU last year, DDO's first "true" expansion, which added adventures in the Forgotten Realms; as well as raising the level cap to 25 and adding Epic Destinies, which add beaucoup power to epic characters. [And its own XP grind for the truly OCD. ]

The biggest upcoming change is the release of Shadowfell next month, which should also accompany the long-awaited Enhancement overhaul; both are currently in closed beta, but you can read about the Enhancement alpha here.

That said, the fundamentals are the same: DDO is still a game about killing monsters so you can rob them of their stuff. Rather than go over the pros & cons of every race & class, as well as every rule change, it's probably best if you stated what your build goals are to see if we can steer you in the right direction. E.g., a WF barb is still a solid DPS toon, but the heal amp penalty makes them...less than popular with healers. OTOH, WF arcane casters are probably still "Easy Mode" for most content.