Hello, fearless denizens of Lamannia!
Thank you for participating in this beta.
From your feedback so far, one thing has been made expressly clear to us: The current situation with named treasure in Wheloon and the Storm Horns just isn't cutting it. There just isn't enough stuff, it isn't appealing enough, and many character builds don't have named items suited to them at level 28!
One of our experienced content developers had recently forayed into the world of treasure design, starting with item concepts in Update 18, and continuing into Update 19.
With Melange's help, we're hoping to get nice selection of additional named items designed and implemented as rare drops in Wheloon and Storm Horns quests. Our goal is another 10 named items in time for Update 19, in order to address character builds and play styles that otherwise won't have proper itemization.
Sorry we haven't posted in this section of the Lamannia forums before now. Due to a forum mix-up, developers couldn't see the Item section here. Now with that little issue sorted out, we're combing through your feedback, and are making improvements to allay these concerns.
Some specific changes to treasure in general that you'll be seeing soon include the following:
- Parrying on weapons has been buffed! No-one wanted it before, and for good reason. A weapon effect that doesn't improve your damage just isn't very good.
- Now, Parrying will also deal damage to your enemies when they miss you with a melee attack. This means its value as a guard effect increases with your Armor Class.
We've buffed Stunning, Shatter, and Vertigo on weapons! New weapons with these effects have new abilities built into them:
- Each hit from a Stunning weapon will debuff enemy Will saving throws, to a maximum of -5.
- Each hit from a Vertigo weapon will debuff enemy Reflex saving throws, to a maximum of -5.
- Each hit from a Shatter weapon will debuff enemy Fortitude saving throws, to a maximum of -5.
We hope these changes will make Stunning, Vertigo, and Shatter more useful in party situations, to help you and your friends' attacks and spells land more often.
Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming!