Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 99

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default BYOU: You are wrong!

    I started this thread because 10 million posts on this subject have been inadequate to address this issue. Let me begin by saying that you are wrong. Even if you post the exact same thing that I do, you are still wrong. You are wrong because this is BYOH, it stands for BRING YOUR OWN HEALS and thus, you are wrong. Let me elaborate on all the ways that you are wrong:

    1. I play the game. I play the game the way I do because it makes sense to me. You do not play the game the way I do, so you do not make sense to me. If you don't make sense to me... you are wrong!

    2. Logic says I am right. Look at the class name, read everything on DDOWIKI, disassemble the source code, hack the server, put some effort into it. Only when you have followed in my footsteps and stalked a DDO developer will you truly have the understanding to properly apply the logic to conclude... that you are wrong.

    3. That bad person in my sad story proves that you are wrong. They were bad to me, so obviously they were not me, nor were they on my side. If they are not on my side... they must be on your side and therefore the bad is on your side. They treated me wrong, therefore you are wrong!

    4. You misunderstood everything I said! Even when you think I'm wrong, you are still wrong... you are in fact double wrong because you were wrong in understanding my brilliance and then wrongly refuted a wrong interpretation of that brilliance making you even more wrong!

    5. Your wrongness is a reflection of society. Every generation knows that the next generation is going in the wrong direction, and that the previous generation got it wrong and that anyone who disagrees politically has it wrong. Having shed tears about how wrong society is, how could I possibly arrive at any other conclusion other than... you are wrong.

    6. Quit complaining about my complaining! The difference between my complaining and your complaining is that while I really don't care about your complaint, my complaint deals with the worst kind of discrimination... the kind against me! That is so wrong!

    In the event that you wrongly believe I have failed to address any aspect of the BYOH debate, please PM me so I can edit this post to include why you are wrong.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    503

    Default Byou?

    Bring your own udders?
    Bring your own underpants?
    Bring you own understanding?

    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

  3. #3
    Community Member CheeseMilk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    1,864

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    Bring your own udders?
    Bring your own underpants?
    Bring you own understanding?

    I was gonna point that out, but then I was wrong.

    I thought maybe this was in the wrong forum, but I was wrong.

    I thought I was still signed in to the forums to be able to post this, but I was wrong.

  4. #4
    Community Member Lurzifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    Bring your own udders?
    Bring your own underpants?
    Bring you own understanding?

    My Vote: Underpants.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    My Vote: Underpants.
    Seconded.

    Last thing this game needs is a bunch of Horcs, Dorfs and goawd forbid, WF barbs runnin around town Commando style.
    Last edited by Chauncey1; 07-26-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Because, words.

  6. #6
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Seconded.

    Last thing this game needs is a bunch of Horcs, Dorfs and goawd forbid, WF barbs runnin around town Commando style.
    If going commando on my dwarf is wrong.. I don't wanna be right !

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    If going commando on my dwarf is wrong.. I don't wanna be right !
    I take it YOU are the reason Kobolds remember Waterworks! *shudders*

  8. #8
    Community Member goodspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I'm just outside that door to your left.
    Posts
    3,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    My Vote: Underpants.
    I vote urinary catheter.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

  9. #9
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    Bring your own udders?
    Bring your own underpants?
    Bring you own understanding?

    I am not going to add "underpants provider" to my cleric's "Job Description"! I don't even care if it's in the Player Handbook! ;P

  10. #10
    Community Member DeKalbSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    174

    Default

    well BYOU too buddy! lol its nice to start the day off with a positive message
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

    Guild - Orien's Rejects

  11. #11
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,813

    Default

    You left out 7 and 8.

    7. Your wrongness means you must have had a terrible childhood where mama told you that you are a unique little snowflake, but then you went to school and found out you werent. Accusations of being dropped on your head at birth due to disagreement with the OP also suffice.

    8. Your wrongness earns you a certified online medical diagnosis of at least one personality disorder or some sort of mental deficiency. Disagreeing with the OP makes you a schizoid narcissist who is forever alone and lives in his moms basement, and didnt take their meds this morning, as well as just being plain wrong.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  12. #12
    Community Member Luxgolg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    808

    Default

    You spelled "perspective" wrong several times

  13. #13
    Legendary Founder Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    Bring your own udders?
    Bring your own underpants?
    Bring you own understanding?

    THIS is why I've stopped pugging. Lack of underpants! I always insist on BYOU! No exceptions.

    But that's probably wrong (but is feels so right).
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

    DDO Character Planner (Version 04.28.01) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    Bring your own udders?
    Bring your own underpants?
    Bring you own understanding?

    It's Umlauts!

    We're all wrong! Except for me, I'm less wrong than any of you. Barely.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default Tl;dr

    But I'm pretty sure you're wrong. ;D

  16. #16
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I started this thread because 10 million posts on this subject have been inadequate to address this issue. Let me begin by saying that you are wrong. Even if you post the exact same thing that I do, you are still wrong. You are wrong because this is BYOH, it stands for BRING YOUR OWN HEALS and thus, you are wrong. Let me elaborate on all the ways that you are wrong:

    1. I play the game. I play the game the way I do because it makes sense to me. You do not play the game the way I do, so you do not make sense to me. If you don't make sense to me... you are wrong!

    2. Logic says I am right. Look at the class name, read everything on DDOWIKI, disassemble the source code, hack the server, put some effort into it. Only when you have followed in my footsteps and stalked a DDO developer will you truly have the understanding to properly apply the logic to conclude... that you are wrong.

    3. That bad person in my sad story proves that you are wrong. They were bad to me, so obviously they were not me, nor were they on my side. If they are not on my side... they must be on your side and therefore the bad is on your side. They treated me wrong, therefore you are wrong!

    4. You misunderstood everything I said! Even when you think I'm wrong, you are still wrong... you are in fact double wrong because you were wrong in understanding my brilliance and then wrongly refuted a wrong interpretation of that brilliance making you even more wrong!

    5. Your wrongness is a reflection of society. Every generation knows that the next generation is going in the wrong direction, and that the previous generation got it wrong and that anyone who disagrees politically has it wrong. Having shed tears about how wrong society is, how could I possibly arrive at any other conclusion other than... you are wrong.

    6. Quit complaining about my complaining! The difference between my complaining and your complaining is that while I really don't care about your complaint, my complaint deals with the worst kind of discrimination... the kind against me! That is so wrong!

    In the event that you wrongly believe I have failed to address any aspect of the BYOH debate, please PM me so I can edit this post to include why you are wrong.
    ROFLMAO! Nice one

  17. #17
    Community Member totalmir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I started this thread because 10 million posts on this subject have been inadequate to address this issue. Let me begin by saying that you are wrong. Even if you post the exact same thing that I do, you are still wrong. You are wrong because this is BYOH, it stands for BRING YOUR OWN HEALS and thus, you are wrong. Let me elaborate on all the ways that you are wrong:

    1. I play the game. I play the game the way I do because it makes sense to me. You do not play the game the way I do, so you do not make sense to me. If you don't make sense to me... you are wrong!

    2. Logic says I am right. Look at the class name, read everything on DDOWIKI, disassemble the source code, hack the server, put some effort into it. Only when you have followed in my footsteps and stalked a DDO developer will you truly have the understanding to properly apply the logic to conclude... that you are wrong.

    3. That bad person in my sad story proves that you are wrong. They were bad to me, so obviously they were not me, nor were they on my side. If they are not on my side... they must be on your side and therefore the bad is on your side. They treated me wrong, therefore you are wrong!

    4. You misunderstood everything I said! Even when you think I'm wrong, you are still wrong... you are in fact double wrong because you were wrong in understanding my brilliance and then wrongly refuted a wrong interpretation of that brilliance making you even more wrong!

    5. Your wrongness is a reflection of society. Every generation knows that the next generation is going in the wrong direction, and that the previous generation got it wrong and that anyone who disagrees politically has it wrong. Having shed tears about how wrong society is, how could I possibly arrive at any other conclusion other than... you are wrong.

    6. Quit complaining about my complaining! The difference between my complaining and your complaining is that while I really don't care about your complaint, my complaint deals with the worst kind of discrimination... the kind against me! That is so wrong!

    In the event that you wrongly believe I have failed to address any aspect of the BYOH debate, please PM me so I can edit this post to include why you are wrong.
    Nothing better than reading an utter bunch of **** such as this on a hot summer day.
    Reading this weak post was nothing short of an utter waste of life.
    Cheers,and have a glass of waater.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Obviously, you read it wrong.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Obviously, you read it wrong.
    Bwahahahahaaaa!

  20. #20
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I started this thread because 10 million posts on this subject have been inadequate to address this issue. Let me begin by saying that you are wrong. Even if you post the exact same thing that I do, you are still wrong. You are wrong because this is BYOH, it stands for BRING YOUR OWN HEALS and thus, you are wrong. Let me elaborate on all the ways that you are wrong:

    1. I play the game. I play the game the way I do because it makes sense to me. You do not play the game the way I do, so you do not make sense to me. If you don't make sense to me... you are wrong!

    2. Logic says I am right. Look at the class name, read everything on DDOWIKI, disassemble the source code, hack the server, put some effort into it. Only when you have followed in my footsteps and stalked a DDO developer will you truly have the understanding to properly apply the logic to conclude... that you are wrong.

    3. That bad person in my sad story proves that you are wrong. They were bad to me, so obviously they were not me, nor were they on my side. If they are not on my side... they must be on your side and therefore the bad is on your side. They treated me wrong, therefore you are wrong!

    4. You misunderstood everything I said! Even when you think I'm wrong, you are still wrong... you are in fact double wrong because you were wrong in understanding my brilliance and then wrongly refuted a wrong interpretation of that brilliance making you even more wrong!

    5. Your wrongness is a reflection of society. Every generation knows that the next generation is going in the wrong direction, and that the previous generation got it wrong and that anyone who disagrees politically has it wrong. Having shed tears about how wrong society is, how could I possibly arrive at any other conclusion other than... you are wrong.

    6. Quit complaining about my complaining! The difference between my complaining and your complaining is that while I really don't care about your complaint, my complaint deals with the worst kind of discrimination... the kind against me! That is so wrong!

    In the event that you wrongly believe I have failed to address any aspect of the BYOH debate, please PM me so I can edit this post to include why you are wrong.

    This is the most amazing post I have read in months. Super kudos for making me laugh... even though everything you said was 100% wrong.


    PS- I wish I could make this post my signature. And have it stickied for all eternity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload