Community Member

Default Forgotten realms ONLY static group. Anyone interested ?

With the new expansion i'm thinking there will be enough quests(xp) to start at lev15 with Iconic characters(or normal character?) and just quest in the Forgotten Realms. Not sure but it looks like shadowdowfell will let a character actually start in Eveningstar without The Lords of dust chain.
    The only problem with this(esp iconic) is those favour rewards like bank/backpack space more-so if you'd get xp aswel. Remember we will quest in the forgotten realms so Eberron favour is pretty much irrelevant you can't buy house j or silver flame items in Eveningstar.

A Forgotten Realms only static group.
    Once or maybe twice a week for 2-3 hours

Preferably on Thelanis OR
    I'm open to any server, so as to have a fresh start and be truely realms only.
    (i do have a couple of characters on most servers but they are only lev 1-5 if that and never get played so happy to delete).
    Ears and voice is a must.

So if you're someone who likes to play slow and read about the story. Explore the nooks and crannies. A rogue who searches sometimes just because he/she 'thinks' something's amiss is a delight. With secret doors soon to be harder to find it'll be upto everyone to say ''roll a quick search check'.

I'm very interested and want to try reading what tavern customers and other folk have to say. What perked my interest was wandering around Wheloon docks interacting with the townsfolk, some clues and extra story lead me to a quest without looking for a yellow tick :-).
    I've not done that much elsewhere but sure there's a whole world waiting to be discovered.
    Like in pnp. Fleshing out the story so to say.

So fancy trying to find out whats going on by talking to folk who are NOT a questgiver first.
    What about switching the town map off untill the area is fully explored.

I don't like rules. With like minded Dungeons and Dragons players, you don't need anything except an imagination.

Saying that i want to start afresh so to speak.

1. Use what you find except a set of level appropriate starter equipment akin to what an iconic gets. So all equipment slots filled, some hp/sp potions and an otherwise EMPTY backpack. gem bags etc can be obtained on AH? better to just wait a little and see if they can be obtained in FR before people sneak into eberrron when no-ones looking :-)

2. I'd be willing to try to literally start naked in the Habour just getting whats available from the hammer and chain.
    A bit extreme and would probably mean playing the getting to Eveningstar quest arc, Lords of Dust chain on casual difficulty. Doubt very much this would be viable at lev 15 and with only playing once a week. It would be fun to at least try for a week or 2 and you'd have your starter gear in the bank if it fails.

Any day is ok except thursdays. I'm GMT so a start time 6-10pm gmt is okay. Friday and saturday a 12pm gmt start is possible.
    I can actualy start 12am-10pm GMT mostly everyday. A 9-10pm GMT start time is the BEST for me.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDM View Post
    With the new expansion i'm thinking there will be enough quests(xp) to start at lev15 with Iconic characters(or normal character?) and just quest in the Forgotten Realms. Not sure but it looks like shadowdowfell will let a character actually start in Eveningstar without The Lords of dust chain.
    The only problem with this(esp iconic) is those favour rewards like bank/backpack space more-so if you'd get xp aswel. Remember we will quest in the forgotten realms so Eberron favour is pretty much irrelevant you can't buy house j or silver flame items in Eveningstar.

A Forgotten Realms only static group.
    Once or maybe twice a week for 2-3 hours

Preferably on Thelanis OR
    I'm open to any server, so as to have a fresh start and be truely realms only.
    (i do have a couple of characters on most servers but they are only lev 1-5 if that and never get played so happy to delete).
    Ears and voice is a must.

So if you're someone who likes to play slow and read about the story. Explore the nooks and crannies. A rogue who searches sometimes just because he/she 'thinks' something's amiss is a delight. With secret doors soon to be harder to find it'll be upto everyone to say ''roll a quick search check'.

I'm very interested and want to try reading what tavern customers and other folk have to say. What perked my interest was wandering around Wheloon docks interacting with the townsfolk, some clues and extra story lead me to a quest without looking for a yellow tick :-).
    I've not done that much elsewhere but sure there's a whole world waiting to be discovered.
    Like in pnp. Fleshing out the story so to say.

So fancy trying to find out whats going on by talking to folk who are NOT a questgiver first.
    What about switching the town map off untill the area is fully explored.

I don't like rules. With like minded Dungeons and Dragons players, you don't need anything except an imagination.

Saying that i want to start afresh so to speak.

1. Use what you find except a set of level appropriate starter equipment akin to what an iconic gets. So all equipment slots filled, some hp/sp potions and an otherwise EMPTY backpack. gem bags etc can be obtained on AH? better to just wait a little and see if they can be obtained in FR before people sneak into eberrron when no-ones looking :-)

2. I'd be willing to try to literally start naked in the Habour just getting whats available from the hammer and chain.
    A bit extreme and would probably mean playing the getting to Eveningstar quest arc, Lords of Dust chain on casual difficulty. Doubt very much this would be viable at lev 15 and with only playing once a week. It would be fun to at least try for a week or 2 and you'd have your starter gear in the bank if it fails.

Any day is ok except thursdays. I'm GMT so a start time 6-10pm gmt is okay. Friday and saturday a 12pm gmt start is possible.
    I can actualy start 12am-10pm GMT mostly everyday. A 9-10pm GMT start time is the BEST for me.
    Have you actually started this yet? Thelanis is my main server.
    Thelanis
    Mysterio 20th lvl Wizard "officer of Ravenspittle" main character

Community Member

Yes, I'm curious if you've started this too. Just noticed this thread.

Community Member

Yes we play on tues 9-11pm uk time. Started about 6 weeks ago. But not with the ideas in this post. We started with the magic items given to the Iconic characters at creaction. All of us still have nearly all the starter stuff on. Its a light on rules use what you find group. Most of us did some solo quests at the start to practise and get some coin. We've also done some eberron quests when people could'nt make it.(attack on stormreach chain for backpack space favour). So far we've done the 3 pre shadowfell quests, 4 in wheloom prison. Last week we failed the end quest but that was mostly due to time figuring out 'what the hell is going on' :-). Also done some of the fr druid chain. I'd say we play at a medium pace 2 maybe 3 quests in 2 hours so far, with lots of joking and mickey taking along the way.
    At present there is 5 of us, not sure if the 6th is joining permanently yet. Will find out tonight. Look out for my very poorly named iconic 'Alihealsome'

Personally i did try to punch and kick my way through some low level quests until i found a sword. It was different for sure and was surprised how difficult it was with no magic items on.

Unfortunately i've just had/having rl issues which will/has curtail the time i can play/organise ddo .

There are some posts about the iconic only static group in this thread.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-characters
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDM View Post
    Yes we play on tues 9-11pm uk time. Started about 6 weeks ago. But not with the ideas in this post. We started with the magic items given to the Iconic characters at creaction. All of us still have nearly all the starter stuff on. Its a light on rules use what you find group. Most of us did some solo quests at the start to practise and get some coin. We've also done some eberron quests when people could'nt make it.(attack on stormreach chain for backpack space favour). So far we've done the 3 pre shadowfell quests, 4 in wheloom prison. Last week we failed the end quest but that was mostly due to time figuring out 'what the hell is going on' :-). Also done some of the fr druid chain. I'd say we play at a medium pace 2 maybe 3 quests in 2 hours so far, with lots of joking and mickey taking along the way.
    At present there is 5 of us, not sure if the 6th is joining permanently yet. Will find out tonight. Look out for my very poorly named iconic 'Alihealsome'

Personally i did try to punch and kick my way through some low level quests until i found a sword. It was different for sure and was surprised how difficult it was with no magic items on.

Unfortunately i've just had/having rl issues which will/has curtail the time i can play/organise ddo .

There are some posts about the iconic only static group in this thread.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-characters

Sounds awesome!

I've been looking for a while for a static group in EU times, which is to say not succesful at all. In the end, I signed up for a static group that plays in US times, so I have to stay up quite late on Tuesday nights.

Anyway, I'd love to join the iconic group, if there are still space. My only concern is:
    1. Tuesday night - I'm already running with another static group on Tuesday. While the times don't really clash, I'm not sure playing DDO for 6 hours straight is a good idea.. :O

2. Level - Have you guys advanced far yet? If I start with an iconic character, do I need to really run and level up quickly for a bit to catch up with you guys?

I won't be free to log on tonight though, as I've got quite a bit of work and need to wake up early the next morning.

Community Member

1. Sorry tuesday is the Set night. Doubt this could be changed but i'll ask.

2. We took lev 16 last week and will be leveling up together.

Community Member

I was thinking of rolling up an iconic to try to run with you guys and see how it goes, but unfortunately swamped with work in real life. Hopefully I can try out next week.

Community Member

We Play on tuesday nights 9-11pm UK time. Sorry i've not been active much on the forum last few weeks due to my own real life problems. The characters you're most likely find me playing are, Alivef, Alithur or Runikz.
    We just reached lev 17 and are on Through a Mirror Darkly, a quest which is hard to even get too.

Also due to others RL and not wanting them to miss fr quests. On those occassions we've run attack on stormreach and will now do gianthold quests when we are shortmanned.