Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default U24 - Loot Thread

Post your feedback about the U24 loot here!

Community Member

Epic rune arm is pretty disappointing, light spirals is one of if not the worst shot form to get anything from. Some ideas:

a) change the shot type to a sunburst effect centered on the wearer (if it's not too much work at this point to introduce a new shot form)
    b) if not a, then adjust the imbue way up to balance for getting very weak dps from the shot. Could be at least 3d12.
    c) add 25% light absorption to the epic, 10% to the heroic versions (something like the force absorb on deathwyrm cloak). Or plain old light resistance.
    d) drop ghostly
    e) add "Radiant Weapons" to epic version: "While wearing this item, your melee and ranged weapons gain Radiance", yadda yadda
    f) fix the light spirals so they don't constantly fly off into random directions or at best aim too low; homing like acid/force shots are much better.

Other items are ok, at least they don't motivate me to complain as with the rune arm.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Thanks I was just about to link.

Curious what people think. And if they'll win battles we didn't win...
    ~ Khyber ~
    ~ Melicient ~ Melianny ~ Melinator ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~ Mellant ~ Melangst ~

I would comment on the official loot thread if the official loot thread had ALL the items posted as the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

2 Things.

1.) +1 to Wizza. I'd like to actually see a list here of what all they are.

2.) Please tell me there are more items than what's in the other thread.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Rogue Mechanic or Assassin. Depending on how I feel during the etr.
    Sereine De'Corenai Paladin. Because ETR.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    I would comment on the official loot thread if the official loot thread had ALL the items posted as the OP.
    Completely agree.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Hooray Improvement!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    Of course I have not played with the Resplendant Runearm, yet, but on paper it looks good. This can lead to some interesting arty and other builds that use light power. Hopefully it will not be a flop like the 3BC arm.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default These turn me on and grabbed my attention

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    Aside from rune arms I use orbs allot. The Blazing Sun looks great.

The Mythic Arcane Light Armor would go great with my troup of arcanes. TY for putting the casting dex on the item to save the augment slot for something fun like Crushing Wave Guard.

For the trifecta in my opinion the Four Eyes goggles hit the spot. I use the Magewright's Spectacles sometimes all the way to 28 on a few toons. I've always wanted an epic version of this. I'm totally OK with the stat on the Four Eyes being WIS.

TY for the light good lovin' fun with these items. I can't wait to try them!

+4 insightful int light armor - how to create an item with unique property that nobody will ever use. You can have light shadowscale armor with +1 to DCs and slot arcane desterity in it. The first +4 insightful int item is a trap, and a failure, and I take it as an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    The Mythic Arcane Light Armor would go great with my troup of arcanes. TY for putting the casting dex on the item to save the augment slot for something fun like Crushing Wave Guard.
    Upgraded Shadowscale has TWO slots blue an green, they save nothing by adding arcane casting dexterity to that armor, and wearing it will basically give you -1 int worth of DCs compared to Shadowscale.

Too bad you are calling all this stuff mythic.. Mythic should have been saved for the level 28-30 stuff.
    BTCoA. sucks.

Mythic Vim and Vigor necklace looks pretty good..
    ~but why is Epic False Life only 45HP ? we have random +50hp items....

Mythic Arcane Armor.. (leather armor)
    ~not bad.. for a rogue..

Mythic Bone crusher (quarterstaff)
    ~meh .. nothing special.. maybe it will have a cool visual effect on special attacks

Mythic Orb.. looks alright. but nothing special
    ~worthless to any monk splashes as it breaks stance.

Epic Four eyes.
    ~subpar..spell pen 5 .. the only thing of any use to maybe swap in the goggles.
    ~Intricate Field Optics(level25) at least has 2 augment slots..Dragon Helm..
    ~insightful wisdom +3 unless there is a mythic version clerics get screwed again.

Epic Stone Exoskeleton Docent
    ~boring .. Mystic Eidilons won't be moved for this subpar item
    ~hopefully a mythic version with +4's out there.

Runearm
    ~subpar.. nothing worth mentioning here
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Of course I have not played with the Resplendant Runearm, yet, but on paper it looks good. This can lead to some interesting arty and other builds that use light power. Hopefully it will not be a flop like the 3BC arm.
    They forgot to put a weapon imbue on it. No extra damage per shot.
    Arties don't get light and alignment spells, so there is no purpose for giving them light power. It'll never get used except for the rune arm blast itself. Which has even more targeting issues than other blast types.
    Ghostly is on everything under the sun. It's an extremely common effect.
    Undead Guard... 3d8 damage for when undead hit you. At ML 18 it's weak. at ML 26 it's a joke.

Compare the heroic ML 18 to the ML 15 Tira's Splendor
    A weapon imbue, 2 extra charge tiers, useful effects... vs Spell power to help the wonkiest blast type in the game. (The max base damage of a tier 5 blast, at Artificer level 18, is 170. The max base damage of a tier 3 blast is 88. 170/88 = 1.931818... You do more damage with Tira's Splendor than this rune arm with it's Radiance 90.)

Es No Bueno.
    Last edited by Systern; 11-15-2014 at 09:58 AM.

The Orb, neckie, Goggles, docent, staff, light armor all BtC
    The Tower and Rune arm are BtA. Some consistency please.

+1/+2 profane AC on a tower shield.... Have you seen the typical values of AC on Tower shield users? +1 AC is trivial to them. Hell, the necklace gives +9 natural armor.

I'm confused about the ASF reduction on the light armor. A Weapon with Keen shows it's increased threat range. An armor with Nimbleness shows its higher MDB. Is the 10% ASF before or after the -15% reduction?

The Orbs having +1/+5 insightful sheltering: Given the changes to Shield Mastery and Imp Shield Mastery... These orbs still provide less protection than orb users currently enjoy on live, the values can be bumped up a bit.

Is there only a mythic light armor, or are their epic and heroic variants as well?

I'm looking at the sheild and slightly wondering if it would be totally OP when combined with the Earthshatter Warhammer. As well, is the 65 DC on the heroic version a typo? Seems a little much.

Still, looks like a very awesome shield that I look forward to using!
    • Zig Zag to avoid arrows, Fireballs, Fireball-tipped arrow, and arrow-tipped Fireballs.
    • That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    • Kobold still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    They forgot to put a weapon imbue on it. No extra damage per shot.
    Arties don't get light and alignment spells, so there is no purpose for giving them light power. It'll never get used except for the rune arm blast itself. Which has even more targeting issues than other blast types.
    Ghostly is on everything under the sun. It's an extremely common effect.
    Undead Guard... 3d8 damage for when undead hit you. At ML 18 it's weak. at ML 26 it's a joke.

Compare the heroic ML 18 to the ML 15 Tira's Splendor
    A weapon imbue, 2 extra charge tiers, useful effects... vs Spell power to help the wonkiest blast type in the game. (The max base damage of a tier 5 blast, at Artificer level 18, is 170. The max base damage of a tier 3 blast is 88. 170/88 = 1.931818... You do more damage with Tira's Splendor than this rune arm with it's Radiance 90.)

Es No Bueno.
    There's one thing I can think of that justifies Tira's being stronger. It comes from a raidmob in a raidzone. An old one, but still.

However, I'm really not impressed with that runearm. It needs something. At ML18, it should be at least charge tier IV, and if it's coming from Xoriat rather than the Cult of the Dragon (I don't know what quest it comes from) you could give it something wonky...like Armor Imbue - Confusion Guard, that hits the mob with the frenzy effect from Insanity. And maybe give it the old Trace of Madness, making Reign of Madness a more popular chain.

Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post
    There's one thing I can think of that justifies Tira's being stronger. It comes from a raidmob in a raidzone. An old one, but still.

However, I'm really not impressed with that runearm. It needs something. At ML18, it should be at least charge tier IV, and if it's coming from Xoriat rather than the Cult of the Dragon (I don't know what quest it comes from) you could give it something wonky...like Armor Imbue - Confusion Guard, that hits the mob with the frenzy effect from Insanity. And maybe give it the old Trace of Madness, making Reign of Madness a more popular chain.
    Except the Tiras is stronger than the Epic version of the Rune Arm as well even if only because, of the useful passives it grants.

Quote Originally Posted by fmalfeas View Post

However, I'm really not impressed with that runearm. It needs something.
    It needs Rune Arm Imbue: Light V

Rune Arm Imbue
    : Light V: Wearing this Rune Arm will imbue any weapon you wield, dealing 2d8 points of light damage per hit.
    Last edited by ToastyFred; 11-15-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToastyFred View Post
    It needs Rune Arm Imbue: Light V

Rune Arm Imbue
    : Light V: Wearing this Rune Arm will imbue any weapon you wield, dealing 2d8 points of light damage per hit.
    Not enough

It needs more useful passive bonuses

ghostly has been on just about everything recently.

Give it some interesting stuff
    +11 INT
    Hamp
    Sheltering
    A Red slot for spell power of choice
    Exceptional Double-shot

Sure sure you can get sheltering, Hamp, 11 int already but, only on a few items Artificer's are so pigeon holed into gear by lack of item slot variety.

Give us some options. Doesn't even need all of those just 2 or 3 and you could free up some item slots to swap gear around.

Orbs have 11 INT sheltering and other more interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 11-15-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Only item I will get out of all of them is the tower shield since has highest base damage out of any tower shield in game will do most damage with vanguard. Other then that don't like any of the items.

Orb would be nice if was not a orb. 90% of the clerics and fvs out there use shield mastery line and cannot use a orb so useless.

Necklace really hard sell over the one in HH.

Mystic armor probly nice for int casters but making it light armor instead of robe kind of sucks.

Staff just does not have enough on it for me to take it over tier 3 thunderforged or CITW staff.

Epic 4 eyes would be nice if you did not just force every wis caster in game to get epic glimpse of the soul or be useless in all necro 4. Also there still no insight 4 wis in game even though wis is already lowest stat in the whole game. Less wis items and less starting wis then every other stat in game.

Docent is decent just wish was more.

Last the rune arm is a joke right? That is terrible.
    Soulsavour 28 cleric completionist/epic completionist, Soundofthe Melodymaster 20 lock completionist/triple epic completionist (working on triple normal completionist), Holypoo 28 pally epic completionist, Edgeofshadows 28 rogue

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast