Default We need a server that doesn't have the annual events

Crystal cove, festivult, whatever you call the stupid halloween one, they all just screw up the game. 2 weeks of no groups except for farming twinking loot; because the game isn't easy-mode enough these days that I need special gear every 4 levels while TR'ing, apparently.

Now, I understand that some people, for whatever reason, like these events. Fine. Keep them. But can the rest of us, for the love of Gygax, have a server where this nonsense doesn't happen?

There is an extent to which suspension of disbelief is a necessary element to a game like this, and these vignettes are like a slapstick routine in the middle of a movie about the holocaust; it destroys the mood.

Elminster is a hammy little *****, too, but at least he only talks to you in a couple of quests.
    "You lie down with rats, and the rats run away."

Community Member

OH OH OH WHILE WE ARE AT IT CAN IT BE AN OPEN WORLD PVP SERVER WITH EVIL ELIGNMENTS AND THE ABILITY TO PICK POCKETS AND SET UP BOOBY TRAPS!

I mean if they are going to make a special server while they are at it it should probably be a one toon at a time PD server as well with no shared banking.

Did I forget anything else on the special server wishlist guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    Did I forget anything else on the special server wishlist guys?
    They can make their own threads.

If we're just making idle wishes, then I'll take a server with the entire game reverted to update 13; if for no other reason than to get the old combat system back. I'd miss druids, but I miss D&D more.

While I'm not one to judge people's wishes to have a server to their own desires, there is something fundamentally wrong with your logic.

If they have enough people who dislike those events to open a new server, why are you having trouble finding a lfm group?

We could call the server "Curmudgeon."

its easy to get a group together if you solo or throw up a BYOH lfm

its already hard enough to get a pug group together, but events make it that much harder. even looking in guild you see most people running the event. after a few days it usually starts to die down and players start questing again. during one of the Mabars, I got frustrated because I hardly saw a group I wanted to join or get a group together to do something, I just logged off for a couple days. since then, ive learned to have a character that can solo quests, like a TR, so I have something to do.

Honestly, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

I logged in yesterday, and to mu surprise I was able to get into two different PUGs that actually filled (gasp), and ran quests. I mean: TWO of them! In a row!

No one needed to pop a hjealbot, as we actually got dedicated healers (double gasp)! I could barely believe what was happening to me. It used to be the other way around about a year or two ago.

This is like living in a looking glass word…

If you really think that opening a new server that has no access to events will create an environment with more groups than you have currently, I'm not sure you've really thought your idea through. Even if all character transfers were free and instantaneous, you still wouldn't get enough people to bother to do it that it would lead to more than a wasteland. Not to mention the crying when some new event comes along with must have loot that all the refugees want and can't get.

I understand your frustration but your idea is just not going to accomplish your goals.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

On Sarlona at least, 3/4 of the PUGs are still non-Cove.

You can thank the developers for not updating it pretty much at all.. with no new level 24 items, many people have no interest.

Quote Originally Posted by elg582 View Post
    Crystal cove, festivult, whatever you call the stupid halloween one, they all just screw up the game. 2 weeks of no groups except for farming twinking loot; because the game isn't easy-mode enough these days that I need special gear every 4 levels while TR'ing, apparently.

Now, I understand that some people, for whatever reason, like these events. Fine. Keep them. But can the rest of us, for the love of Gygax, have a server where this nonsense doesn't happen?

There is an extent to which suspension of disbelief is a necessary element to a game like this, and these vignettes are like a slapstick routine in the middle of a movie about the holocaust; it destroys the mood.

Elminster is a hammy little *****, too, but at least he only talks to you in a couple of quests.

I agree should be a server without events . every crystal cove event people take a break from the game due to lag issues ect. Wish it didn't exist but thats just my opinion. Wish they did more with Steam as well.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

Community Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    /signed
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    its easy to get a group together if you solo
    Is this one of those zen things?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    its already hard enough to get a pug group together, but events make it that much harder. even looking in guild you see most people running the event. after a few days it usually starts to die down and players start questing again. during one of the Mabars, I got frustrated because I hardly saw a group I wanted to join or get a group together to do something, I just logged off for a couple days. since then, ive learned to have a character that can solo quests, like a TR, so I have something to do.
    I typically farm favor on new servers during the events; I suppose it works out, that's just less money for Turbine, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    No, that's Khyber