Default Quori Stalker poison - massive charisma damage?!?

So, running VoN 2 on Elite, we go up the ladder to those quori stalkers. They hit me, dealing a small amount of normal damage and what's this? 10 charisma damage! It then ticked on me 4 more times before being hit again, dealing 7, 4, 9, and 12 more charisma damage! One hit from a quori stalker, instant helplessness. That can't be working right. There was no save either, no poison sign above my head. Just massive, ongoing charisma damage due to spider poison. I checked the log and was not being hit multiple times either, the spider had phased after it hit me once. Has this always been this way? I recall taking small charisma damage from those guys before, on the order of 1-4 points per hit, but never 10 and it never latched on as a charisma DoT before. I tried to bug report it, but the bug report tool isn't working in game.

Now, I did see the thread on poison damage traps now doing hitpoint damage, I don't know if this is related or what but there could have been some funny change to poisons in general.

Or I'm just crazy and have been insanely lucky in the past and never took this high amount of charisma damage on Elite in there from those spiders with it never applying as a DoT somehow. I'm guessing something has changed since the probably... 4 months ago I last played VoN2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I've never seen someone at a tabletop game say "I jump up on the wall until I get stuck in a spot where I can hit the giant but he can't hit me back for no apparent reason."

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHat View Post
    So, running VoN 2 on Elite, we go up the ladder to those quori stalkers. They hit me, dealing a small amount of normal damage and what's this? 10 charisma damage! It then ticked on me 4 more times before being hit again, dealing 7, 4, 9, and 12 more charisma damage! One hit from a quori stalker, instant helplessness. That can't be working right. There was no save either, no poison sign above my head. Just massive, ongoing charisma damage due to spider poison. I checked the log and was not being hit multiple times either, the spider had phased after it hit me once. Has this always been this way? I recall taking small charisma damage from those guys before, on the order of 1-4 points per hit, but never 10 and it never latched on as a charisma DoT before. I tried to bug report it, but the bug report tool isn't working in game.

Now, I did see the thread on poison damage traps now doing hitpoint damage, I don't know if this is related or what but there could have been some funny change to poisons in general.

Or I'm just crazy and have been insanely lucky in the past and never took this high amount of charisma damage on Elite in there from those spiders with it never applying as a DoT somehow. I'm guessing something has changed since the probably... 4 months ago I last played VoN2.

It's been that way for quite a while.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHat View Post

I hope you made a bug report. Turbine has made it very clear that they will not fix something even if they know about it unless they get lots of bug reports (or the issue is really good for characters).

Community Member

I never got how Charisma damage could render you helpless

0 STR, you're too weak to do anything. 0 DEX, you're too clumsy. 0 CON, too sickly, 0 INT, too stupid, even 0 WIS, too naive....but I don't care how ugly or smelly or unlikable I get, I can still swing a sword

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

0 STR, you're too weak to do anything. 0 DEX, you're too clumsy. 0 CON, too sickly, 0 INT, too stupid, even 0 WIS, too naive....but I don't care how ugly or smelly or unlikable I get, I can still swing a sword
    "Charisma 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a catatonic, coma-like stupor, helpless."

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

High cha should be helpless, you're too busy singing I'm too sexy at that point to fight.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post
    "Charisma 0 means that the character is withdrawn into a catatonic, coma-like stupor, helpless."
    Still doesn't make any sense - Charisma is how other people see me. The only way not having CHA should affect ME is maybe party member spells don't work on me to reflect that I'm now so ugly and nasty that they disavow me as a member of their group. Or I can no longer do negative things to mobs (depending on mobs) as I am so ugly and nasty that they see me as one of theirs.

Yes, you can become too ugly to move through being bitten by those spiders.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Lightbulb No charisma = no personality

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Still doesn't make any sense - Charisma is how other people see me. The only way not having CHA should affect ME is maybe party member spells don't work on me to reflect that I'm now so ugly and nasty that they disavow me as a member of their group. Or I can no longer do negative things to mobs (depending on mobs) as I am so ugly and nasty that they see me as one of theirs.
    Ah, but charisma is more than just looks.

From the SRD:
    "Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. This ability represents actual strength of personality, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting."

Quote Originally Posted by Extispex View Post
    Ah, but charisma is more than just looks.

From the SRD:
    "Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. This ability represents actual strength of personality, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting."
    We've all met people with no personality in real life, they're usually bosses and unfortunately they are very much so not helpless.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    It's been that way for quite a while.
    Huh. Seems absurd. Maybe it has been a really long time since I've even had those jerks hit me. Now I know.

Like I said, I couldn't bug report it, the tool wasn't working in game.

Can I bug report the bug reporting tool?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I've never seen someone at a tabletop game say "I jump up on the wall until I get stuck in a spot where I can hit the giant but he can't hit me back for no apparent reason."

Its been like that for at least a year.