Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Founder

Release notes?

Community Member

Default Closed beta issues

I received email invite and downloaded preview, but when I try to launch program I get "unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server" error. Any ideas why or how to fix?

Community Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Galdrean View Post
    Hi
    I got a Beta invite, but I have a mac and I see no client to download anywhere, only Windows
    Bad luck man... sorry..!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacque159 View Post
    I received email invite and downloaded preview, but when I try to launch program I get "unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server" error. Any ideas why or how to fix?
    So far any issues regarding log in weirdness have lead back to the servers simply not being online yet. try again now as I have patched am about to go in myself here.
    Why after every update to the games I play do I constantly have to pick more pieces of the nerf bat from the back of my skull. Abolish corporate involvement in gaming now.

Jac and Cyborg,

They said that the server is not up yet. You will have log in issues until the server is up.
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

** Failed to queue for server (0x80004005) ** ---- sadly many people seem to be having this error even after the invite claimed 10 am and the notice at the top of the page says "The next beta event is slated for Friday, July 26th at 12:00 PM Eastern." It is now 3:40pm Eastern and I am still having issues logging in and I have applied all the known 'Fixes'
    Happily Deforming the Game one Leap of Faith at a time.

Well I just saw the post on the server being open.

I am sorry.

It seems that it is the VIPs without the preorder that are having a hard time logging in.

See here:https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...d!#post5049659

and here

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e2#post5049991
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

I am a VIP with a Preorder... and I have the issue so... I am not sure where the logic is in that
    Happily Deforming the Game one Leap of Faith at a time.

Community Member

Default can't get on sever

hi i keep getiing "failed to queue for sever (0x80004005)" was pokeing around to find out why.. Is it true that i can't access beta if i have not done the shadowfell prepurchase, even if i am a vip and got an invitation?

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Am getting Failed in Queue for Server (0x80004005) right now.

Wish I could attend the event. Oh well there will be other days. I'm just posting this in case it helps.

Default Tha's NOT exactly right

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    No, if you've attempted to copy a character and it has failed, we're not able to let you recopy unless we clear the whole server.
    Kookie that may not be an accurate statement. Myself and a guildmate copied 2 toons each the 1st day of closed beta. Mine was a lvl 25 FVS and his a lvl 25 Arti. After copying to lamannia both our toons were NOT lvl 25 any longer. Mine was lvl 4 and his was lvl 7 (I think). So, I did not delete the toon from lamannia, just copied mine again. It went and I had the same toon listed twice. one with mytoonname and the other mytoonname~1. I then deleted my 1st toon (the lvl 4) and then bought a rename cert and lost the "~1" and all is good. My guildmate tried the same thing and got the same results.
    Last edited by KingKoz; 07-26-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    It's good to be the king!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roamin_Ronin View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monkolous100 View Post
    hi i keep getiing "failed to queue for sever (0x80004005)" was pokeing around to find out why.. Is it true that i can't access beta if i have not done the shadowfell prepurchase, even if i am a vip and got an invitation?
    Same here.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Reschedule of the event? Any consideration to the VIPs that you invited and yet cannot get in?
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullzz View Post
    Well I just saw the post on the server being open.

I am sorry.

It seems that it is the VIPs without the preorder that are having a hard time logging in.

See here:https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...d!#post5049659

and here

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e2#post5049991
    VIP's do not have to prepurchase the new worlds. They get immediate access, my sister did prepurchase though and she still cant get in

Quote Originally Posted by monkolous100 View Post
    I have gotten the same thing. Though I am a VIP and I pre-purchased. Would have really liked to log in during the contest, but oh well..

Community Member

I figured the contests were yet again only for people in the United States, so I wasn't really caring about that.

I did want to see the enhancement changes again.

How about this, Turbine? Let's call it 'open beta' now, and allow the gentleman with the enhancement PDF to post his updated document.

You can do it, all it takes is a few words.... may I suggest "Welcome to the Lam Open Beta, it is open for only those who pre-purchased and not VIPs or late purchases, because we can't figure out how to open it to everyone"

Received invite, can't log in. I haven't been able to log in at all; I was getting a launcher failure initially, then after spending goodness-knows-how-long re-downloading and updating the Lammania client, I just get told the server is closed.

VIP, pre-ordered.
    Crime in multi-storey car parks: it's wrong on so many levels.

Ok, maybe this is a bug. I suspect it is not.

I am VIP, have not pre-ordered the expansion, and cannot access the Stormhorns or Shadowfell. Is this a bug or is it because - like MotU, you need to pre-order the expansion?

And yes, there is a reason why I ask a question that I may already know the answer to...

Please advise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12