Default 7/25 - Mouse controls changed. WHY?!

When I logged in today, my mouse buttons were mangled. Why was this done? Was there some hidden note in some hidden forum that heralded the coming of this change?

How do you think new players to the game that are just getting things figured out will take this? Why must you invoke changes that we do not ask for?

Default What are you talking about Willis?

I'm at work and have no way to find out what you're talking about. Please provide some detail. Hopefully you can just go into the game options and check/uncheck a box to switch things back to the way they were.
    Abamf|Skwat|Baucas Thelanis

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    When I logged in today, my mouse buttons were mangled. Why was this done? Was there some hidden note in some hidden forum that heralded the coming of this change?

How do you think new players to the game that are just getting things figured out will take this? Why must you invoke changes that we do not ask for?
    Please explain more, I'm not having any issues with my mouse or my gamepad setups...what exactly is the issue your having so we can try to help
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Permian View Post
    I'm at work and have no way to find out what you're talking about. Please provide some detail. Hopefully you can just go into the game options and check/uncheck a box to switch things back to the way they were.
    So, I fired up the two game clients (like I usually do to dual box). Upon doing so, I was prompted with a question about my Directx engine preference. I don't have the specific wording, but it was essentially to the effect of: "DirectX11 has been detected. Would you like to run with DirectX11." I answered "No," as I felt a negating answer would have been better than introducing change.

When my game client loaded, I pressed "T" to turn on mouse-look (I always play this way). Then, when I tried to left click a few times to swing my weapon, nothing happened. When I tried to loose my mouse from mouse look with a right click, my character swung my weapon.

I tried to confirm with other players on Orien in a UserChat. There was another player that encountered the same thing (at least as much as mouse buttons being swapped). He had to go into the Keymapping settings, and manually correct these settings.

I had to go and do the same thing. I set "Attack/Interact" to Button 0 (left click), and then I had to set "Steer / MMO Interact" to Button 1 (right click). Further, I also had to adjust my "use key" ("Interact") back to "E."

I'm not sure what provoked this, or how entirely pervasive it is. But, it was annoying to have to muss with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    So, I fired up the two game clients (like I usually do to dual box). Upon doing so, I was prompted with a question about my Directx engine preference. I don't have the specific wording, but it was essentially to the effect of: "DirectX11 has been detected. Would you like to run with DirectX11." I answered "No," as I felt a negating answer would have been better than introducing change.
    This combined with the mouse change makes it sound like something happened to your userpreferences.ini. That would be my guess.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock