Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default No Kill :D

No Flesh Render was harmed! All you have to do is pull the switch behind the secret door. Be careful nasty traps on stairs leading to switch. Pull the switch and then watch thru the bars and the Flesh Renderer kills all the guards and then disappears.

In my experience farming the goggles, they only dropped in the end rewards when I did the option. Maybe you have better luck than me

If you farm 3 of them, then at higher levels you have 60 minutes of Deathward (20 min each). Great to have more than one when shrines are few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum View Post
    You do not have to do the optional Flesh Render. The goggles can drop without killing it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    PLIS has never stopped neg lvls on its own. A negative energy absorption item or a deathward spell are needed. If you are fighting beholders for example, PLIS and a deathward spell will prevent neg lvl damage untill the PLIS is out of charges and the DW has been removed.
    18 replies before the correct answer shows up! Beholders will strip your deathward almost instantly unless you have the PLIS on. With the PLIS, *and* the deathward you have a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I didn't realize the googles gave a 20 minute buff while at higher levels I better check that out.
    They don't, unless your character is a level 20 artificer with the arcane empowerment capstone enhancement. Nonetheless I like to have 1 or 2 Visors on my characters that aren't immune to level drain or cannot cast DW on their own.

I didn't realize the googles gave a 20 minute buff while at higher levels I better check that out.
    Googles don't give buffs. They help you find things on the internetz.

Goggles, on the other hand, will give you buffs.

Sorry, couldn't help it. It's kinda like a rouge/rogue thing.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    In my experience farming the goggles, they only dropped in the end rewards when I did the option. Maybe you have better luck than me
    The optional is unrelated to whether the goggles drop in the chain reward. All told I have approaching 20 visors, and have only ever done the optional once.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The optional is unrelated to whether the goggles drop in the chain reward. All told I have approaching 20 visors, and have only ever done the optional once.
    This

I have between 2-4 of em on most of my toons and I think I've done the optional once when I was a brand new player exploring the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Googles don't give buffs. They help you find things on the internetz.

Goggles, on the other hand, will give you buffs.

Sorry, couldn't help it. It's kinda like a rouge/rogue thing.
    Funny enough I never write rouge when I mean rogue but everything else under the sun.....................

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    It does, but only if it's a docent...
    I lol'ed ... good stuff

Default Sealed Soul ability from Shadowdancer ED

The Sealed Soul Tier 5 twist from Shadowdancer also prevents level drain.

No Flesh Render was harmed! All you have to do is pull the switch behind the secret door. Be careful nasty traps on stairs leading to switch. Pull the switch and then watch thru the bars and the Flesh Renderer kills all the guards and then disappears.

If you farm 3 of them, then at higher levels you have 60 minutes of Deathward (20 min each). Great to have more than one when shrines are few and far between.
    Epic raise the thread casted!!

The googles can droop without even pulling the lever, let alone killing by yourself the reaver. And OP gets 20 min deatward per clicky because he is a arty with capstone. Just wanted to remark this to avoid confussion on future lectures.

Between my various toons I have at least 4 Fleshrender Goggles, and at least once I passed over the Goggles for a different reward.

In all the time of playing DDO I only bothered with that optional once.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    From the description, it would seem that the pale lavender ioun stone should, but it doesn't. At least, it doesn't all the time; it's possible that some of the charges are used up absorbing incoming Energy Drain spells, but I have been level drained many times while my PLIS still has plenty of remaining charges (as in, more than forty.) The Mantle of the Worldshaper also may work sometimes, but I've been level drained plenty of times while wearing it and while it still has charges.

Other than getting level drained and getting a Restoration, what else should I be trying?
    You need DW or to be a wf, if its a beholder you should cast dw, or get it from the goggles clickie and have your plis on, stops the dw from being dispelled.

bad brian14!!! another necro sigh.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 05-04-2014 at 10:59 PM.

lol

nvm

Thread necro reading fail, doh.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    Beholder Optic Nerves will prevent drains also.

Drops in Invaders!
    True, but only when those neg levels come from beholders.

Default death ward spell stops energy drain

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    Deathblock does NOT prevent negative levels!
    Ioun stone didnt stop energy drain for me either...
    I didn know about the 2 spell absorb bug;thx 4 info

is there a class bug to death ward/energy drains? my Bladeforge has less prot than my ftr,but the Paladin seems to never get drained of lvls( he used to have deatblock docent but not in a long while).Ftr has had 2 spell absorb items on at same time;read here that buggs blocking drains.

Community Member

I think the halfling leeches will protect against level drain by removing the negative levels quickly.

TWF the Axe of Famine will also remove all negative levels in seconds. Harbringer of Madness questline. I use this method the most.

You need DW or to be a wf, if its a beholder you should cast dw, or get it from the goggles clickie and have your plis on, stops the dw from being dispelled.

bad brian14!!! another necro sigh.
    Actually plis stops neg lvls now too iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    is there a class bug to death ward/energy drains? my Bladeforge has less prot than my ftr,but the Paladin seems to never get drained of lvls( he used to have deatblock docent but not in a long while).Ftr has had 2 spell absorb items on at same time;read here that buggs blocking drains.
    Constructs cant be neg lvl drained.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast