Community Member

Default Sooo...I take it there is some sort of....thing happening.

I hope that someone takes care of this soon.
    You know how these things can get out of hand.
    If we're not careful, we're gonna be armpit deep in scurvey and eyepatches.

On a lighter note.
    I have been wanting a new tricorne hat.

Hero

I love how people talk in ambiguities.

It reminds me of when my niece makes up a new language, doesn't tell anyone, then only speaks in the new language. The she acts like everyone else is an idiot since we don't understand a single word.

If your talking about Crystal Cove with the pirate references, there are plenty of other threads (2 announcements in Dev Tracker) about it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post

It reminds me of when my niece makes up a new language, doesn't tell anyone, then only speaks in the new language. The she acts like everyone else is an idiot since we don't understand a single word.

If your talking about Crystal Cove with the pirate references, there are plenty of other threads (2 announcements in Dev Tracker) about it.

Feelin a bit cranky today are we?
    Here, have a Snickers.
    Perhaps then you might better appreciate the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Feelin a bit cranky today are we?
    Here, have a Snickers.
    It was a pretty awful attempt at a joke.

Founder

First, I appreciated the irony of the title. I always shake my head when I see a new forum thread titled something like:

Oh no!!1!!!!1!

What the Heck!

Well, I guess it was coming...

etc.

I generally don't even bother clicking on them unless it's written by someone I recognize. And then I want to shake my finger at them :P

And the vague content was also reminiscent of so many posts.

So, while others might not appreciate it Chauncey, I gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    And if that doesn't scare you into introspective thought, not sure if anything will...

jk.

Hero

/tomatoes?
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 07-25-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    And if that doesn't scare you into introspective thought, not sure if anything will...

jk.
    That literally made me laugh out loud.

Community Member

First, I appreciated the irony of the title. I always shake my head when I see a new forum thread titled something like:

Oh no!!1!!!!1!

What the Heck!

Well, I guess it was coming...

etc.

I generally don't even bother clicking on them unless it's written by someone I recognize. And then I want to shake my finger at them :P

And the vague content was also reminiscent of so many posts.

Thanks!

Question My noob is showing...

Other than this Crystal Cove thing being some sort of special event related to pirates, what's it all about? How long does it last? Where do I go play? Do I get cool things at low level? Am I going to log in and see the Stormreach harbor on fire with dead NPCs littering the streets and the undead crew of the Black Pearl pillaging the city?
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

/tomatoes?
    No, toMAHtoes!

stop fooling around people and having light hearted fun. DDO forums is serious business.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    Other than this Crystal Cove thing being some sort of special event related to pirates, what's it all about? How long does it last? Where do I go play? Do I get cool things at low level? Am I going to log in and see the Stormreach harbor on fire with dead NPCs littering the streets and the undead crew of the Black Pearl pillaging the city?
    I don't know the history of it, but I am reasonably sure it lasts about 2 weeks.
    You go to the harbor, near the ship you exit from Korthos. You can get cool things at low level that can be upgraded as you progress. It can be tedious. But with the right group, it can be very fun and very productive.

No, you won't see any of that unfortunately, but there are pirate mobs running around in the public areas at Crystal Cove.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    It's an event that kills LFMs, creates extra lag, and alternates between creating unintended benefits or breaking things. The dwarf in the harbor (outside of the spider solo quest) will take you out to special wilderness where you grind for items to open a challenge instance for an hour where you grind for crystals to trade for gear that's handy for TRing and very little else. Make sure you bind at the tavern, you'll never remember to rebind elsewhere after that. It lasts about a week longer than most players are interested.

Oh, but if it's your first time go enjoy it. Make a couple of trinkets and an epic spyglass and ring, and you'll never have to go back.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    It's an event that kills LFMs, creates extra lag, and alternates between creating unintended benefits or breaking things. The dwarf in the harbor (outside of the spider solo quest) will take you out to special wilderness where you grind for items to open a challenge instance for an hour where you grind for crystals to trade for gear that's handy for TRing and very little else. Make sure you bind at the tavern, you'll never remember to rebind elsewhere after that. It lasts about a week longer than most players are interested.

Oh, but if it's your first time go enjoy it. Make a couple of trinkets and an epic spyglass and ring, and you'll never have to go back.

Other than the lag part. I disagree. There are great weapons and armor from Crystal Cove. I have 3 sets of the Cavalry Plate. 2 set of the Cutlasses and a few odds and ends I can't remember for the life of me that I NEED to upgrade to tier 3.
    And, as for the LFM's. On Orien, there were a TON of LFM's up for raids and other quests.

Founder

I don't know the history of it, but I am reasonably sure it lasts about 2 weeks.
    You go to the harbor, near the ship you exit from Korthos. You can get cool things at low level that can be upgraded as you progress. It can be tedious. But with the right group, it can be very fun and very productive.

No, you won't see any of that unfortunately, but there are pirate mobs running around in the public areas at Crystal Cove.
    It lasts until 8/11 (from announcement: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-has-returned!)

Francis is a party****er ;P

Don't listen to him except about the lag

The way it works is:

1. Players run around the island killing mobs to try to get Map Pieces (you also get Doubloons). They turn these Map Pieces in at the NPC on the dock (Euphonia). After a certain number of pieces are turned in, the gate to the instance is opened (next to the Kobold on the same dock). You don't necessarily need to participate in this but its a nice way to spend the time and try to find a party for the Instance.

2. Inside the instance is where you can receive gems and Green Dragonshards which you use to trade for rewards. Click on the chest on the dock near Euphonia to see a list of rewards.

3. The instance is best done with a party unless you already know how to do it. People are usually advertising for parties in chat and some put up LFMs.

Here's a link to the wiki: http://ddowiki.com/page/Treasure_of_Crystal_Cove

Community Member

It lasts until 8/11 (from announcement: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-has-returned!)

Francis is a party****er ;P

Don't listen to him except about the lag

The way it works is:

1. Players run around the island killing mobs to try to get Map Pieces (you also get Doubloons). They turn these Map Pieces in at the NPC on the dock (Euphonia). After a certain number of pieces are turned in, the gate to the instance is opened (next to the Kobold on the same dock). You don't necessarily need to participate in this but its a nice way to spend the time and try to find a party for the Instance.

2. Inside the instance is where you can receive gems and Green Dragonshards which you use to trade for rewards. Click on the chest on the dock near Euphonia to see a list of rewards.

3. The instance is best done with a party unless you already know how to do it. People are usually advertising for parties in chat and some put up LFMs.

Here's a link to the wiki: http://ddowiki.com/page/Treasure_of_Crystal_Cove
    Thanks Hal.