Default Server that runs u13

Would love a server that runs like u13, before MotU. Even if we started from 0 i would play there instead of what we have now. I miss the old times so much... Endgame was raids, you didnt have to grind EDs, ppl didnt streamrolled soloing the bests quests for loot as if it were a xp zerg. I miss echrono all casters, heck that was fun! miss raids full of healer and barbs, timer in epics (so we had a reason to have some alts), seal/shard/scroll/blank to make good stuff (not this loot fest we have now - or astral shard lol) and having fun with epics. And i miss pale masters and the old wail, evoker divines. Those golden days when you could log in prime times east coast (or even in afternoon) and have the choice of like 8 different lfms for raids.

If we had a server that plays ddo like it was before MotU a lot of people would come back to play it, i see no reason to not do it. Well of course the people who prefer the game like it is now (hard to find these) complain that people are moving out of theyr servers...

Do you feel like me?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    the people who prefer the game like it is now (hard to find these)
    <---- congratulations, you found one!

If raiding at 20 is so much better than Epic, you can always just stop leveling up and raid at 20....I, myself, enjoy an endgame that isn't myopically "raid raid raid! there is nothing but raiding!"

And, from what I've seen on this forum, you're in a much smaller camp with "prefer the scroll/shard/seal system" than I am with "prefer current endgame"

Community Member

Do you feel like me?
    yes, the game was better pre-MoTU.

The game was better pre-MotU. The guy in charge of loot back then was better at his job as well. Turbine's new crop of devs seem to have forgotten that several relevant raids are key to a thriving endgame. IMO the worst thing they have done since U13 was come out with raid timer bypasses.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    The game was better pre-MotU. The guy in charge of loot back then was better at his job as well. Turbine's new crop of devs seem to have forgotten that several relevant raids are key to a thriving endgame.
    /signed

Been playing since '08

This thread makes me miss the old threads from when I started playing, begging for a server that only ran on subscription instead of the F2P version of DDO.

"Go back to WoW!" they would say. Good times.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

I miss the game pre-Cannith Crafting, when you could actually find decent, usable items on the auction house because they weren't all being trashed for essences. I know, I know, "craft your own", right? Wrong. I don't even like grinding quests. I sure am not going to spend endless hours standing in front of some frickin crafting devce.

Raids....meh. I solo specifically BECAUSE to me, a normal quest with five other people (according to my own pugging experiences, anyway) is a total chaotic cluster****. Add another six people and the chaos just increases exponentially. And yes, I've done raids. Hated it. For just that reason.

lol go back to U13....go back to U11....heck, go back to U5. I don't care. The farther we go back, that means the longer it will be before the Enhancement Pass gets here.
    Last edited by Philibusta; 07-25-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: bad spelz
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    The game was better pre-MotU. The guy in charge of loot back then was better at his job as well. Turbine's new crop of devs seem to have forgotten that several relevant raids are key to a thriving endgame. IMO the worst thing they have done since U13 was come out with raid timer bypasses.
    Yeah, the guy(s) who is (are) responsible for the loots these days doing a terrible work. But... he (they) made a lot of people turned around from epics, and joining us to do (a lot of) TR on heroic levels! I see so many players on the TR trains, and I have no problem to get a group or make one for heroic content. On epic levels? Well, noone plays on epic (except some FoT runs), and epic quests are like deserts now. So, we should thanks a lot for those accidentally ruined all the epics with the pathetic loot options, and give us more body to play on heroic levels! Thanks, thanks a lot!!

2014 DDO Players Council

Would love a server that runs like u13, before MotU. Even if we started from 0 i would play there instead of what we have now. I miss the old times so much... Endgame was raids
    <snip>
    Those golden days when you could log in prime times east coast (or even in afternoon) and have the choice of like 8 different lfms for raids.
    <snip>
    Do you feel like me?
    Those were better days for the game.

However, though I wish they had made different choices, there's no going back.

... back when you could hear the cries of barbarians when a wizard gathered the whole dungeon and Wailed it.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    <---- congratulations, you found one!

If raiding at 20 is so much better than Epic, you can always just stop leveling up and raid at 20....I, myself, enjoy an endgame that isn't myopically "raid raid raid! there is nothing but raiding!"

And, from what I've seen on this forum, you're in a much smaller camp with "prefer the scroll/shard/seal system" than I am with "prefer current endgame"
    Found another one here.

I couldn't stand the dumb grind of scroll / shard / seal with no guarantee of ever getting what you want. Up until motu, my endgame was get to 20 and then shelve the toon or tr him. Now epics are much more enjoyable for me. Now I actually play epics.

I will agree that only having one relevant raid, fot, kind of sucks. No options. For perhaps the first time the other day I actually failed to fill a shroud. At prime time, east coast. I don't think that has ever happened to me before...

ug I've bags and bags filled with scrolls, shards and seals all of which are missing just one thing to make the epic item. :P Getting my esos took over a year of grinding 5 characters every 3 days. I don't think they've done enough to make an end game, but there's no way I'd want to go back to the 4 (including base item) parts per item system they use to have. Maybe keep what they have now and add about 50 to 100 quests at epic level and a least 10 raids. Instead we get a level cap raise and a handful of quests. meh
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    ... back when you could hear the cries of barbarians when a wizard gathered the whole dungeon and Wailed it.
    thaths why before motu i had both pale master and barbarian (and a healbot too). Anyways most of end game players had that: one dc caster able to AoE instakill and at least one heavy dps. The guys who cried about wail had either one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimack View Post
    ug I've bags and bags filled with scrolls, shards and seals all of which are missing just one thing to make the epic item. :P Getting my esos took over a year of grinding 5 characters every 3 days. I don't think they've done enough to make an end game, but there's no way I'd want to go back to the 4 (including base item) parts per item system they use to have. Maybe keep what they have now and add about 50 to 100 quests at epic level and a least 10 raids. Instead we get a level cap raise and a handful of quests. meh
    But the loot you could use years before it was outdated. Say you take some months to get a claw set and you enjoy it a long time. Now you zerg to 25 buy some stuff, loot some more, trade the rest and youre done. Two months more and you have to do again.

Default +1

I was actually thinking the same idea back when U14 was just released.
    The game has lost a lot of hardcores since U14, because the gear they have farmed for years became trash.