Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

True that, probly see it kicking a bit more over the weekend. Totally agree...most of these events are in serious need of an upgrade

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    Considering that since Cove has been open I have not seen but 1 LFM for Cove I think the majority of players who wanted anything from Cove have already acquired it.

I do think Ice games as well as Cove could use an update. Make the caster items from Ice Games useful again (they use to be great) and give us some gear above lvl 20 in Cove.

Mabar items got a raise in levels last go around lets see the same in Cove and Ice games.
    It would seem kind of silly to raise gear levels about a month before raising the level cap for the whole game. Especially while beta for the expansion is running.

It seems to me that this event was tossed in to throw a bone to those not in the beta and maybe stir up a bit of interest before the upcoming expansion.

Community Member

I kinda like risia once u mastered the jump its easy to farm.I do like to put on Icy burst with a flaming burst Greataxe of Laceration ml8.. I had to ninja auction its and cough up 150k plat for it....Well worth it till 12...

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Well when that happened the coin lords pulled in a favor from the Twelve and Cannith to get them to "encourage" the cold weather to return...something about Tourism? I iwsh I could find the actual dev post it was quite humourous but lore wise I wouldn't want to seem them do it again or it would lose its specialness.
    lol so thats what they came up with? I always wondered what the explanation would be....I just assumed they just didn't bother with making the seasons match the RW seasons.

They didn't get another more powerful white dragon to influence the weather like what happened in the *snowy* side of korthos? That might of been a nicer way to do it and put in a temp set of quests or something to slay the white dragon or drive it off whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    It would seem kind of silly to raise gear levels about a month before raising the level cap for the whole game. Especially while beta for the expansion is running.

It seems to me that this event was tossed in to throw a bone to those not in the beta and maybe stir up a bit of interest before the upcoming expansion.
    your right it does seam like it was a bone as you call it.

I still think the gear could have used a raise to 24 to make it useful for getting to lvl 28 maybe. I don't use but 1 item from cove past lvl 20 anyways and I use a few pairs of the brawling gloves when leveling a monk or monk splash 1 at each level available. Most of the gear to me has always been un appealing since I have spent most time TRing and now that cap is 25 shortly going to 28 the rest of the epic level gear is definitely not for me.

I wouldn't want to see any of the events retired thou I would rather just see the items be reworked to fit the game much like they have reworked a lot of other gear recently.

change the game update the gear I say. (any gear that was made before should be grandfathered much like the old gear now)

Community Member

Default Arcanes and Cavalry Plate

I cant beleive how I have to spell things out like this for people to read. But I am going to tell a little tale.

Around the time of the CC just after the release of MOTU I had a friend join the game, he pretty quickly unlocked drow as most do and rolled up his poor man 32 point build a drow wizard with a splash of fighter and eventually added in a pair of lvls of artificer after getting and playing a pure one and falling in love with the repeater.

Now I know it sounds abit odd a 17/2/1 drow wizard artee fighter sounds abit odd, but consider favoring wraith form over lich, access to 9th lvls spells still, the ability to wear armor, and access to repeaters and rune arms. Now for the entire reason this build really ended up working. The fact the cavalry plate pretty much is a one of a kind item. Mithril Full plate with the base AC upgrade that items recieved with the ac/prr change. Why does this matter for arcanes? the fact it has fairly low base ASF%. Low enough that if you slot into the blue slott a 15% reduction augment, and are an elf/drow with the full enhancment line to reduce it as well, then you can be an epic wizard wearing very solid armor for a healthy PRR, and enough AC to be viable in EN and EH at lvl content.

While this wont seem especially important to vets who trounce such content, it can make a big impact for newer players who often struggle in such even with a typical self sufficient PM build. But a PM with decent AC and PRR on top of decent back up DPS in the form of a decent repearter( trust me when I say anyone with PnP experience like my friend even as a caster typically wants to use weapons and attack still) leads to a very sustainable character for a new player on a first life build.

Although they were intiially labeled by those same epic content die hard grinders as wellfare epic gear, the fact is their goal to give players who didnt grind out epic items their first real taste of epic powered gear, and imo still can serve that purpose quite well if one uses enough imagination.

I'm definitely happy it's cove and not risia. Unfortunately I can't discuss why.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I'm definitely happy it's cove and not risia. Unfortunately I can't discuss why.
    so risia crafting is getting the shaft again ..how lovely

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    so risia crafting is getting the shaft again ..how lovely
    All good now, nevermind.

Community Member

There's also a weird point that 24 lvl gems come out even if there's only one 24 lvl item, Glass Cannon.

Community Member

Default trade down

have been playing for a bit now, and i still love ddo. this is my first time making it to the cove, and i am really enjoying it. i am finding it pretty easy to get what i want really fast after running it a few times. im still looking for some standard gear for lower levels, aside from the Abishai set.

i am finding it a fun change of pace.

that being said, one thing that really makes me not want to continue with it is the trading system. much like with house C challenges, or crafting. changing essences one at a time... well, i spend more time trading down then i do running quests.

is it really that hard to add a trade all button? split what you want to put in, and trade them all?

with cc its probably the worst, trading one gem for another, to trade for another, to trade for another. when i look for what i want, i am going to have to do this thousands of times. all one at a time.

im sure this has been brought up before. just wanted to try again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123