Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Wish they would have done Risia rather than Crystal Cove

The Crystal Cove gear is old, and still only goes to level 20. The gear looks pretty underpowered these days. At least Risia let's you icy burst any good weapon you may have found. Sigh...

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    The Crystal Cove gear is old, and still only goes to level 20. The gear looks pretty underpowered these days. At least Risia let's you icy burst any good weapon you may have found. Sigh...
    Risia is only good for one thing. And most of my characters are not melee so...

Mabar > All

Damned if you, damned if you don't.

All we need now is 27 threads about how much lag Cove is causing.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Pbbbbbbbbbbbbttt!

Cove or bust baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Damned if you, damned if you don't.

All we need now is 27 threads about how much lag Cove is causing.
    It's like you can gaze into the future. Are you magic? Can you cure my sciatica?

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Who in the world uses rangen loot?

Ice Games are sad waste of time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Who in the world uses rangen loot?

Ice Games are sad waste of time.
    Anyone who TRs or levels and ALT. It's the same reason nice lacerating weapons are sought after. Welcome back to the game...
    Last edited by Mystera; 07-25-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default I got your loot right here

In my opinion CC has some of the most desirable loot. I will post an image of my 2 favorites from CC below. Of course there are many great treasure items worth getting and having. Ignor the critics, because they are a dime a dozen in DDO.

Also, if you have these items it might be worth slotting your Master's Gift into them, so you have the xp bonus equipped all the time without having to switch. Please note the Good Luck on the ring is +2 and your Voice of Master is only +1.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    In my opinion CC has some of the most desirable loot. I will post an image of my 2 favorites from CC below. Of course there are many great treasure items worth getting and having. Ignor the critics, because they are a dime a dozen in DDO.

Also, if you have these items it might be worth slotting your Master's Gift into them, so you have the xp bonus equipped all the time without having to switch. Please note the Good Luck on the ring is +2 and your Voice of Master is only +1.

Yawn - I made that ring and trinket over 2 years ago. Nothing new to see here so moving on. +2 Insightful Intelligence is outdated with all the good +3 Insightful Intelligence items out there now. Good luck +2 is outdated since you can slot that in any item with a blue/green slot. Or you can get the Idol of Fortune from FOT which gives Good Luck +3 in addition to Heavy Fortification, 4% Dodge, and a Yellow Augment.
    Last edited by Mystera; 07-25-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Until +7 and +2i stat items are junk, replaced by new expansion gear in less than a month. Hard to be excited about an item that is already outdated. And will be falling ~far~ behind in less than a month.

Thankfully you're not obligated to participate.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

It's kind of hard to have a winter festival in the summer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    It's kind of hard to have a winter festival in the summer
    There are some places in the world that it's not summer.

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    It's like you can gaze into the future. Are you magic? Can you cure my sciatica?
    I can. It involves removing the affected area.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Anyone who TRs or levels and ALT. It's the same reason nice lacerating weapons are sought after. Welcome back to the game...
    Yeah like I said.....who uses that ****? So you can icy burst your lvl 4 long sword...big fat whoop. I never left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Yeah like I said.....who uses that ****? So you can icy burst your lvl 4 long sword...big fat whoop.
    Scimitar with a CON stat damager per swing and a Virulent CON poison - random lootgen.

A Paralyzing Kopesh with Lacerating - random lootgen. It is devastating in Vale. The only thing better would be Envenomed Blade, but then I'd have crappy crits.

And the best part is that I didn't have to farm them...

/signed.

I think they keep forgetting that they used to run Risia in the summer. There was even a bit about where the Coin Lords paid off The Twelve to bring the cold weather to bring a temporary respite from the summer heat in Xendrik.

Honestly, I've tried Risia. The Icy Burst thing isn't worth the annoyance to farm it. I mean, I managed to get a few of the purple coins, but really not enough. And after a while, it got horribly boring. You want to talk about an experience where even a moment of lag destroys the experience? You need go no further than Risia,

Crystal Cove is one of those events that I can at least get guildies together to run...sometimes...

Yawn - I made that ring and trinket over 2 years ago. Nothing new to see here so moving on. +2 Insightful Intelligence is outdated with all the good +3 Insightful Intelligence items out there now.
    it assumes that you'll get an iinsightful INT item that a) isn't ****, and b) nicely fits your equipment layout. That's a bit of a tall order.

Good luck +2 is outdated since you can slot that in any item with a blue/green slot.
    Which is more rare to get: an item with a blue / green slot, a epic item with a blue slot, the good luck + 2 gem or the CC item.

Or, conversely, which is easier to get? That I can answer: the CC item.

Or you can get the Idol of Fortune from FOT which gives Good Luck +3 in addition to Heavy Fortification, 4% Dodge, and a Yellow Augment.
    Ummm...FoT is a lvl 25 epic raid. That CC item is lvl 20. Not an entirely FAIR comparison...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast