Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default When a cleric joins a BYOH group....

Isn't he/she obligated to heal, even a little? Didn't they take an oath or something? Suppose a fighter joined and didn't fight?

If you don't want to heal, don't be a cleric.
    Don't be mean to me or my guild leader will kick your ^*&
    13th Circle, been saving your raids since '06

Quote Originally Posted by Laggin View Post
    Isn't he/she obligated to heal, even a little? Didn't they take an oath or something? Suppose a fighter joined and didn't fight?

Gonna +1 ya for stepping up to the plate!

Hope you've got your Hard Hat on for what's coming your way though!

Isn't it usually a cleric that puts up a BYOH lfm?

Community Member

In my opinion if you are in a group and dont heal by chance a non healing class when is needed you are playing it wrong.

I have seen ppl with toons of past lifes, torc, conc op items, 70%+ of their sp NOT landing a single heal evev while the party is gathered doing nothing while waiting a gate to open (delara 4) ... usually are the same that blame a -10% death

Byoh means... no one is babysitting your red bar, not no one will NEVER heal you

Community Member

Ermm.. no

If you put a ByoH group up then the healing onus is on you, not just because a cleric joins you suddenly expect a heal, its then no longer ByoH but a "cleric I need heal party".
    Some cleric will join a ByoH and heal if its needed but not if its DEMANDED.

Could you repeat that, I don't think I heard you over the sound of my Blade Barriers, Implosions, Cometfalls and Destructions.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

I always heal people in pugs even if it's BYOH and I'm on a toon that has UMD for heal scrolls or access to cure spells but isn't a cleric or fvs. It's one of the reasons I pug, helping other people just feels the right thing to do.

However, I've been in plenty of groups with divines when I'm on my pally or bard and I'm basically the main healer in the group. I've learned to live with it, different people play differently but imo, in the long run, tossing the occasional heal even in a byoh group makes things go a whole lot smoother.

+1 Definitely approve!

Yesterday I saw a party in Orien LFM, with cleric and BYOH.
    The cleric was the leader and no, he was nor ironic....

Next time i'll reply with not fight (if melee) or not cast (if caster).
    Lazy or stupid clerics exist......

If you want a heal, it's available in a bottle, in the Marketplace. Or get a hireling.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius87 View Post
    I always heal people in pugs even if it's BYOH and I'm on a toon that has UMD for heal scrolls or access to cure spells but isn't a cleric or fvs. It's one of the reasons I pug, helping other people just feels the right thing to do.

However, I've been in plenty of groups with divines when I'm on my pally or bard and I'm basically the main healer in the group. I've learned to live with it, different people play differently but imo, in the long run, tossing the occasional heal even in a byoh group makes things go a whole lot smoother.
    Yes to this. I'm not demanding the cleric to top me/others in party up. Just when the fight is at its zenith, throw a frickin heal, ya bum.
    Don't be mean to me or my guild leader will kick your ^*&
    13th Circle, been saving your raids since '06

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoJester View Post
    Yesterday I saw a party in Orien LFM, with cleric and BYOH.
    The cleric was the leader and no, he was nor ironic....

Next time i'll reply with not fight (if melee) or not cast (if caster).
    Lazy or stupid clerics exist......
    So because you thought that the statement in the LFM somehow doesn't apply to you you're calling the other person lazy and stupid.
    And furthermore you will join other BYOH groups and not contribute.

Way to go man, that will show those with different gamestyle from yours!

p.s. thanks for listing your toons in your sig

Community Member

No, of course they're not "obligated" to heal. "Bring Your Own Healing" is the name of the game, and I think you'll find that clerics generally do. I'll heal in the thick of battle, sure: after all, Slay Living is touch-range and my aura will be running. It helps that I tend only to have handy on my hotbars whichever are my best single-target and two best mass healing spells (which will be targeted on me, natch). I've had people thank me for the heals at the end of a quest when I wasn't aware of having deliberately healed anyone who wasn't me, at which point I'm always sure to modestly accept their praise and any offers of mana pots that come my way.

Not that I'll have used any, but those things are valuable.
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

Yes to this. I'm not demanding the cleric to top me/others in party up. Just when the fight is at its zenith, throw a frickin heal, ya bum.
    Learn 2 play, manasponge

If you do not want to die all the time, do not make an 8 con drow sorc. Would that be the same conclusion?

I play mainly heroic and my mana can kill far more (blades, implosion,) then the sponge that adds little to a party. If you join a party and are contributing something positive to the group, I will toss you a heal in an emergency. This is mostly for my benefit as I do it for -10p reasons.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

do what I do - ignore byoh lfm's.

then this is a question you never have to deal with.

Not obligated, but most will heal if you are in need.

BOYH means you are self aware and capable of looking after yourself and not be dependant on someone else patching up your booboo's

Many healers became tired of being responsible for keeping reckess unbuffed ill-prepared sprint boosted melee's from killing themselves zerging into the middle of a pack of mobs wildly swinging their vicious weapons bragging about the leading kill count and then crying because the cleric wasnt chasing them removing their curses and keeping their red bar from dropping.

To truly appreciate the perspective of the healer... roll one up and pug some of those god awful looking LFM's and you will see for yourself.

It often takes a while before players realize they should be self sufficient ~to a point~ and stocked with assorted supplies.

If on a class that has buffing capabilities... buff your cleric.. clerics like GH, Blur, stoneskin and other non-traditional healer buffs too.

Ask the healer before you jump into a quest if they need any supplies.. my melee's allways carry stacks of heal and raise dead/resurrection, pots to pass over for those needy times...

Best bet if you are not as sufficient as you would like or not optimal for self healing.. ask them if they would spot you from time to time so you can maximize your damage output.

even tip the cleric... pots, scrolls... whatever... it creates good karma.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 07-25-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Just because a class can do something, doesn't mean they have to. To each their own and if you join a boyh group you should have a basic understanding of what that entails and that you need some self sufficiency for healing.

That being said, ultimately the goal is completion of the quest, or farming whatever, so it's in the best interest of all involved to use their abilities to help the group succeed. In boyh groups I join, I'll often toss a reconstruct or heal scroll from my juggy or ranger with UMD, even if there are traditional healer classes present. If I can make a group go smoother, I will do my best to help that happen.

If, at any time, you do not agree with or like how someone in your group is playing, boot them after. If you don't like a group, leave. If you're grouped with someone who isn't actively working towards the goals of the quest or supporting the group in any form, do the same.

It's so often players try to tell others how to play but get so offended when the tables are turned. While I understand the limitations of the LFM panel, some things are, or should be, fairly easy to understand. If you ever have a doubt what people are looking for.....ask the leader. (ie. can byoh mean a hireling? etc.). Players also get angry or frustrated because they make assumptions and don't ask for clarifications.

A healer in a byoh group doesn't have to heal.....but if i see an aura up, I may stand in it for a bit . I buff/heal as my classes allow (and, no I don't have a divine other than a druid) because it can help the group. Most healer classes will toss a heal when needed as they generally want a smooth completion as well, but everyone needs to have realistic expectations of the level of support you can expect in a byoh. If not, or if the intentions aren't clear, they have the right to kick you, and you have the right to leave.
    Last edited by Paryan; 07-25-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

should you have joined the BYOH if you actually want a healer in the party to heal you?

If I join a BYOH on my Cleric, I DEFINITELY heal - that's what Radiant Servant is for, right? Just don't get too far away from me during a big fight...

Oh, wait, did you mean healing SPELLS??? Pffft - SP is for offense, not healing

(Ok, ok, I also carry Heal scrolls if I'm feeling particularly generous...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Yay, it's about time for another byoh thread !

Stop sucking, making crappy toons and step up your game. Everything heroic elite and most EE is byoh these days, you need hjealer for Citw, FoT and buncha old raids.

Keep wondering why noone joins your lfm and browsing who pannel for non existent divines.
    Because of course it's the dumb clerics that suck.

Keep out of byoh lfms.
    Ghallanda

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast