Community Member

Default ddo store issue (stat tomes)

so i'm looking at the DDO store in-game, and I see an odd inconsistency.

the store will let me buy the +3 supreme tome (although I cant afford it), but it will NOT let me buy the +2 supreme tome(which I CAN afford).

I've used normal +1 tomes on all my stats except con, where I have a +2 tome from the daily dice.

i'd like to get the +2 supreme tome, but it wont let me.

why will the store let me buy the +3, but not the +2?
    Last edited by SkyfangRauss; 08-05-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by SkyfangRauss View Post
    so i'm looking at the DDO store in-game, and I see an odd inconsistency.

the store will let me buy the +3 supreme tome (although I cant afford it), but it will NOT let me buy the +2 supreme tome(which I CAN afford).

I've used normal +1 tomes on all my stats except con, where I have a +2 tome from the daily dice.

i'd like to get the +2 supreme tome, but it wont let me.

why will the store let me buy the +3, but not the +2?
    Will not let you buy or does not show the tome avail for purchase?

I'm thinking, because you have a +2 CON tome used, it is filtering out the +2 Supreme due to redundancy. Try turning off Filter for Character to Show all Options next to the search bar. If you have the turbine points, I don't believe there is anything preventing you from actually purchasing the items even if the character can not use or (in this case) fully benefit from.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    Will not let you buy or does not show the tome avail for purchase?

I'm thinking, because you have a +2 CON tome used, it is filtering out the +2 Supreme due to redundancy. Try turning off Filter for Character to Show all Options next to the search bar. If you have the turbine points, I don't believe there is anything preventing you from actually purchasing the items even if the character can not use or (in this case) fully benefit from.
    I did that. the store panel says 'item not available for purchase' for the +2 tome, but I can attempt to buy the +3 just fine

I did that. the store panel says 'item not available for purchase' for the +2 tome, but I can attempt to buy the +3 just fine
    Only other suggestion is to purchase the +2 supreme on another toon who hasn't used any +2s and transfer it over shared bank since its BtA.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

Community Member

Change the option at the top of the store page to show all items, not just ones specific to your character - it does the same with augment crystal from memory - hides the lower level ones even though you can use them.

How close to 1750 Favour are you?
    If close DO NOT Buy +2 Supreme Tome!

In fact - Considering the Huge difference in price between +2 Upgrade Tomes and Actual +2 Tomes you MAY be better off just buying the 5 Upgrades u need!

If you have the TP {and are willing to spend it} for the +3 Supreme Tome then it's the obvious choice!