Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm in a tricky situation...looking for recommendations

I've been working on my crafting skills sporadically (whenever I hoard up essences) for about a year and half now and I have 124/114/117 (arcane/divine/elemental). This was on one of my first builds...a level 7 drow paladin that was so incredibly gimp I quickly stopped using him for quests. So, I just found out yesterday that Artificers get a bonus crafting level every 2 character levels and the dragonmarks of crafting combined give 10 bonus levels to crafting but are human only (!#@#@#@##@). wow.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm thinking either using my free lesser TR to respec and earn 13 levels of Artificer for +6 crafting levels, spend some real cash for a +5 lesser TR and do 2 pally / 18 Arty, or maybe even to get to level 20 and true TR into a human Arty for 20 bonus levels once I (painfully) get up to level 20 again.

I would also appreciate any advice on Artificers given my situation above (how gimp would the arty be starting with 7 paladin levels and is there even a way to make it work?)...I've never played an Arty before but they do seem powerful.

I'm getting to the point in crafting that I can make some pretty awesome stuff for TRing and more stuff is coming up with a handful of levels (just got flex GL+2, coming up is flex melee alacrity, flex 33% absorptions, etc etc). If I could get 20 bonus crafting levels I'll be to 150 and the promised land fairly quickly....

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    I've been working on my crafting skills sporadically (whenever I hoard up essences) for about a year and half now and I have 124/114/117 (arcane/divine/elemental). This was on one of my first builds...a level 7 drow paladin that was so incredibly gimp I quickly stopped using him for quests. So, I just found out yesterday that Artificers get a bonus crafting level every 2 character levels and the dragonmarks of crafting combined give 10 bonus levels to crafting but are human only (!#@#@#@##@). wow.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm thinking either using my free lesser TR to respec and earn 13 levels of Artificer for +6 crafting levels, spend some real cash for a +5 lesser TR and do 2 pally / 18 Arty, or maybe even to get to level 20 and true TR into a human Arty for 20 bonus levels once I (painfully) get up to level 20 again.

I would also appreciate any advice on Artificers given my situation above (how gimp would the arty be starting with 7 paladin levels and is there even a way to make it work?)...I've never played an Arty before but they do seem powerful.

I'm getting to the point in crafting that I can make some pretty awesome stuff for TRing and more stuff is coming up with a handful of levels (just got flex GL+2, coming up is flex melee alacrity, flex 33% absorptions, etc etc). If I could get 20 bonus crafting levels I'll be to 150 and the promised land fairly quickly....
    You could wait till the expansion and you'll get a lr+20 heart

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Seriously??? Has this been announced? Do you have an URL? That would be very nice....

Seriously??? Has this been announced? Do you have an URL? That would be very nice....
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e5#post5039396

Maybe but let's assume he is not going to do that. Your best option to maximize crafting would be to obtain your final levels as a paladin(via xp stone or grind) TR into a human and level him as an arti(xp stone or grind)

Besides he won't be able to change his race with a lr +20 heart?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Maybe but let's assume he is not going to do that. Your best option to maximize crafting would be to obtain your final levels as a paladin(via xp stone or grind) TR into a human and level him as an arti(xp stone or grind)

Besides he won't be able to change his race with a lr +20 heart?
    I would speculate and say yes because the enhancement pass changes not just class base but race base enhancements is my undersatnding.

I would suggest that any TR or LR'ing for Arti levels and dragonmark's would be a waste of your time considering that Turbine does not seem to be putting any resources into further development of the crafting system.

If you plan to level up and play the character for other reasons then perhaps it would be worth the change to arti/humam. You probably don't want to hear it but that's my opinion.
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

they definitely should allow us to change class and race given how massively the enhancement pass will change builds....but they already announced LR +20 so I highly doubt they'll go back and included race. I'm not sure if they can even implement something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    I would suggest that any TR or LR'ing for Arti levels and dragonmark's would be a waste of your time considering that Turbine does not seem to be putting any resources into further development of the crafting system.

If you plan to level up and play the character for other reasons then perhaps it would be worth the change to arti/humam. You probably don't want to hear it but that's my opinion.
    I welcome all feedback/recommendations, thanks! Isn't there already enough in crafting to make it pretty awesome? I mainly use it for heroic levels/TRing and it makes a big difference.

Community Member

i thought that was with whichever update gets the new enhancements? last i saw that was not linked to the expansion, they were aiming for an update or two after the expansion.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    i thought that was with whichever update gets the new enhancements? last i saw that was not linked to the expansion, they were aiming for an update or two after the expansion.
    It's the expansion.

Community Member

Well...

At 100+ crafting, you can already craft every Bound shard that is available. The only reason to want to get to 150 is to be able to craft unbound shards... and that in no way should be a factor in deciding to LR/TR your character. You've maxed out what you can build for your characters via crafting... now just play the game and enjoy yourself. If you continue to decon items, you will slowly progress in your crafting skills anyway.
    Andrialla / Archellus / Corylone / Rorifeela / Rugare / Slappi / Sylvarian
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith

I welcome all feedback/recommendations, thanks! Isn't there already enough in crafting to make it pretty awesome? I mainly use it for heroic levels/TRing and it makes a big difference.
    Crafting is a decent system, but its been slowly eroded by the new prefix/suffixes that are in the random lootgen and not in the crafting system (lacerating for example), and that will be accelerated in the upcoming release unless the changes like conversion from striding to speed are moved back into cannith crafting.

It was also hurt by the removal of guild augment slots in favor of the colored augment slots.

It's still useful, but becoming outdated. I've invested heavily in crafting, so I hope they bring it up to speed soon.

Community Member

It's the expansion.
    i lost track of it when closed beta started, last i saw on the matter was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    It's been posted in the Lamannia section, but for wider dissemmination:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...30#post4503430 (Apologies to those without beta access. This link won't work for everyone. The announcement related to this thread is quoted below).

"To support the Enhancement Revamp, every existing Character will get a LR +20 TOKEN upon login."
    in the "Will enhancement pass include a free TR / respec of some sort?" thread.

so does that mean they think it will all be ready to go live with the expansion pack? i know the EP stuff is on lama land right now with the expansion, but i thought that was still in heavy development and wouldn't be ready to ship when the expansion does.

heh, not sure if i'd prefer them to ship together or not. i know i'll spend hours reworking all my builds when EP hits, but come the expansion i'll probably want to just get out there and adventure
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    i lost track of it when closed beta started, last i saw on the matter was this:

in the "Will enhancement pass include a free TR / respec of some sort?" thread.

so does that mean they think it will all be ready to go live with the expansion pack? i know the EP stuff is on lama land right now with the expansion, but i thought that was still in heavy development and wouldn't be ready to ship when the expansion does.

heh, not sure if i'd prefer them to ship together or not. i know i'll spend hours reworking all my builds when EP hits, but come the expansion i'll probably want to just get out there and adventure
    It'll be u19 with the expansion. I think it was a post from majmal on another site that confirmed it. I'd link it but I've heard of people that link to that site getting infractions and it's not worth it.

Community Member

It'll be u19 with the expansion. I think it was a post from majmal on another site that confirmed it. I'd link it but I've heard of people that link to that site getting infractions and it's not worth it.
    hehe, say neh more *tips his hat and winks*

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post

There are plenty of perks to crafting already: flex GL+2, coming up is flex melee alacrity, flex 33% absorptions, etc as the OP mentions. If you are talking about crafting for endgame, then maybe its something to worry about. But I think the Cannith Crafting system is still a good system.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maelphistez View Post
    Well...

At 100+ crafting, you can already craft every Bound shard that is available. The only reason to want to get to 150 is to be able to craft unbound shards... and that in no way should be a factor in deciding to LR/TR your character. You've maxed out what you can build for your characters via crafting... now just play the game and enjoy yourself. If you continue to decon items, you will slowly progress in your crafting skills anyway.
    Don't forget flexible crafting, which is where it is really at IMO. There are a lot of conflicts with normal gear slots and unique items. Once you get to 140+ you have a lot more flexibility on where you put each of your items. For example, I have a level 11 character and I just put good luck +2 on his gloves. I have a sorc where I put Greater Evo on his goggles. Tons more options.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    Crafting is a decent system, but its been slowly eroded by the new prefix/suffixes that are in the random lootgen and not in the crafting system (lacerating for example), and that will be accelerated in the upcoming release unless the changes like conversion from striding to speed are moved back into cannith crafting.

It was also hurt by the removal of guild augment slots in favor of the colored augment slots.

It's still useful, but becoming outdated. I've invested heavily in crafting, so I hope they bring it up to speed soon.
    That's SO not true.

I find the augment slots have helped crafting, not hurt it, from my perspective.

I generally set levels at which I re-equip a toon. When I do, I start with the named items, then move on to twinking. What I'm left with is slots that I want to craft or re-craft an item to cover holes in the layout. Blanked-out augment items allow me a ton of flexibility to finialize my plan.

And the BtCoE items - while really, really nice weapons - don't match named loot in effectiveness. Plus, it is hard to get one of these lootgen items with the various metal types like Adamntine, Silver, and so on. You can always get lucky with a stripped lootgem item with a red crystal augment (really rare, I know), and make a good, all-around boss-beater.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast