Community Member

Question Should I TR to whatever before 19?

I am a completionist getting tired of DDO but I always come back withint a month or two. lol

With all speculations about losing all destinies except one your choice if you eventualy TR pi$$ me after all the grinding... that's not the debate.

I don't care about 25 to 28, I like TRing. Should I TR into something like a level 1 monk (12 of my 16 lifes had monks level cause I like that) to have a full life when I come back and can choose a destiny to play for fun until 25? Then I'll loose my destinies later on a next life or maybe never if I don't come back.

Well the small question in fact is: does heroic TR delete destinies too?

edit:
    lol 1 post in 7 years... did I say how I like new forums
    Last edited by MaxBhaalspawn; 07-24-2013 at 10:55 PM.

None of us really know what turbines plans are regarding Epic destines and TR's.

Alot of us are hoping they've backed down on their stance, but turbine haven't outright stated what their new plans are as of yet.

"Well the small question in fact is: does heroic TR delete destinies too?"

Ya I would like to know as well!

/waves@ Mo

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Update 19: The Shadowfell Conspiracy! Level cap to 28, new adventure areas in Wheloon and the Stormhorn mountains, and of course new Iconic races.
    Update 20 (late 2013): Epic True Reincarnation! (We’re still gathering your feedback and input)
    Update 21 (early 2014): A new threat (complete with multiple dragons), and a tribute to a classic Forgotten Realms module.

U19 is Shadowfell xpac, enhancement & xp pass, and more. [aug19]
    U20 is the TR, Epic TR, Iconic TR stuff. [late 2013*]
    U21 is the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. [early 2014*]

So, to TR or not before update 19? You don't need to worry about losing EDs yet. Before update 20 could be the last chance to do it w/o losing EDs unless they change their minds, which hopefully they have.
    Last edited by ycheese123; 07-24-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added quote
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    U19 is Shadowfell xpac, enhancement & xp pass, and more. [aug19]
    U20 is the TR, Epic TR, Iconic TR stuff. [late 2013*]
    U21 is the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. [early 2014*]

So, to TR or not before update 19? You don't need to worry about losing EDs yet. Before update 20 could be the last chance to do it w/o losing EDs unless they change their minds, which hopefully they have.

Well that's almost good news thanks
    Melissiah of Thelanis
    D.A.R.P.A.

Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    So, to TR or not before update 19?
    That is exactly what i would like to know. If i dont TR now i may loose EDs if I tr after u20, but if I tr now maybe i will have to do these lifes again after u20 if i want the ed past life that synergyzes more with that class... For example, if GmoF gives +3 to hit and damge ill want to have that one x3, so TRing as monk now sucks because later ill probably have to do monk lifes again to get the GmoF past life. Well unless there is any other good class to lv grandmaster on.

Community Member

I don't have the link but I thought they stated that Heroic TR would remain unchanged....so it shouldn't affect your destinies, but of course also wont grant you any Epic Past Lives. The only reason you lose your Destinies is because you're gaining those EPLs.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I don't have the link but I thought they stated that Heroic TR would remain unchanged....so it shouldn't affect your destinies, but of course also wont grant you any Epic Past Lives. The only reason you lose your Destinies is because you're gaining those EPLs.
    They have proposed a couple of structures. In one of them, you would indeed lose ED XP in a heroic TR but would possibly gain a portion of heroic XP in return. But they haven't said anything since.

I would assume we won't hear much until a couple weeks after the Xpac is released and once the forums die down from whatever ensues in it's aftermath.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    That is exactly what i would like to know. If i dont TR now i may loose EDs if I tr after u20, but if I tr now maybe i will have to do these lifes again after u20 if i want the ed past life that synergyzes more with that class... For example, if GmoF gives +3 to hit and damge ill want to have that one x3, so TRing as monk now sucks because later ill probably have to do monk lifes again to get the GmoF past life. Well unless there is any other good class to lv grandmaster on.
    Epic Destiny Past Life Feats are a one-time only deal, not stacking x3 like the Heroic Past Life Feats and the Iconic Past Life Feats.

This is from the last dev posts on it. Not heard anything more about it since. I'm guessing they have their heads down with the U19 release in 3.5 weeks time.

Personally I would just TR and enjoy running another life, in the hope that sanity prevails and that there will be a Heroic TR option which does not affect ED XP in any way, exactly as we have now, which is something that everyone who has commented and posted alternatives to their initial proposals all seem agreed on, even people I usually disagree with as a matter of principle And we can't all be wrong