Community Member

Default Please make "The Snitch" bypassable on my account.

Figured id give "the snitch" another go, even tho its bugged at crateos for me the last 15(or more) times ive run it.

Was leading a pug for the chain on eh, 1st 2 quests go fine, not a bad group for a pug. Prior to running the snitch i warn them about the bug and that ill likely have to leave group for them to complete it, but they stick with me, optimists, gotta love em.

Of course it bugged at crateos, i apologize and drop group so they can finish chain.

This is a newish character and he has never been able to complete chain due to crateos bug, i would like to get to bigtop to farm but i cant get past snitch to advance chain.

Ive given up on this ever being fixed at this point, but could you just flag snitch as complet for the people plagued by this ****? Pretty please? Ill be nice when the EF comes out!!

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Figured id give "the snitch" another go, even tho its bugged at crateos for me the last 15(or more) times ive run it.

Was leading a pug for the chain on eh, 1st 2 quests go fine, not a bad group for a pug. Prior to running the snitch i warn them about the bug and that ill likely have to leave group for them to complete it, but they stick with me, optimists, gotta love em.

Of course it bugged at crateos, i apologize and drop group so they can finish chain.

This is a newish character and he has never been able to complete chain due to crateos bug, i would like to get to bigtop to farm but i cant get past snitch to advance chain.

Ive given up on this ever being fixed at this point, but could you just flag snitch as complet for the people plagued by this ****? Pretty please? Ill be nice when the EF comes out!!
    Three things come to mind,

1. drop group let them kill cratos then when they are starting the end fight with whats-his-face have the group leader invite you in before completion.

2. solo it up to cratos and put in a ticket for a GM, explain that you have run it multiple times and can not get the quest to progress due to a bug, ask the GM to complete the quest so you can flag for bigtop.

3. redbox big top, I did it the other day, it doesn't have a hard flag, if you're after epic stuff the ends don't matter.

Community Member

Default Choice one would work but

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Three things come to mind,

1. drop group let them kill cratos then when they are starting the end fight with whats-his-face have the group leader invite you in before completion.

2. solo it up to cratos and put in a ticket for a GM, explain that you have run it multiple times and can not get the quest to progress due to a bug, ask the GM to complete the quest so you can flag for bigtop.

3. redbox big top, I did it the other day, it doesn't have a hard flag, if you're after epic stuff the ends don't matter.

I have the maximum number of characters possible, about 30 of them on main server have been created and or tred since snitch stopped working, im not fond of imposing when i dont have to, i could do suggestion one here or there for one or 2 characters, but not 30.

Id rather stop playing then wait for a gm 30 times.

3rd option would work, but i farm solo, just quicker, and it lessens the chance of the bug that comes up so often in bigtop with groups, lol.

Seriously, just let me skip the quest. Less frustration for me, rather than fix bugs you can keep making a bunch of massive changes to the game, everyones happy.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    You can redbox Big Top.
    Unfortunately, greataxe and two wands will be unavaible this way.

Community Member

Default yeah

I gave up on the greataxe after about 10 times or so of the quest bugging on me, that was the original reason i was farming the chain, but now i just want to run it to help with burnout due to rerunning certain epic quests too often, solo farming bigtop is fast and gives decen xp/min and loot but most of all i like the quest in general.

Community Member

Paladin? It's something about the aura activating Crateos when you pull the lever, a little too early.

have you tried waiting at the quest entrance for people to do Crateos, then catching up? We got some pallies through doing that.
    Thelanis: Ikeren --- Paladin, Life 2 (Past Life: Cleric). Dylas --- Cleric late teens, Life 1.

Quote Originally Posted by CE2JRH123 View Post
    Paladin? It's something about the aura activating Crateos when you pull the lever, a little too early.

have you tried waiting at the quest entrance for people to do Crateos, then catching up? We got some pallies through doing that.
    it's not an aura problem. A barbarian friend has the same problem.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

You managed to gather your party with people at the entrance? Or did you mean people waiting outside?

I'm not a fan of the gather your party mechanic, would rather see it removed.

Huh, we always thought it was Summons that caused the Crateos bug. Our Summons & Hirelings would always agro him while we were dealing with the rats below.
    Since we put in a "rule" of no hires or summons for that portion of the quest, we've been fine.

Can't be done. Crateos is triggered after a "gather your party here" required objective at Crateos' location.

Fixes are on the way, so there would not be much point in making a bypass unless they were far off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We made good progress with this as well (turns out it wasn't the quest but things going *into* the quest). Now that we know what to scrub for, we'll have some fixes going in to address it too.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Default once apon a time

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Fixes are on the way, so there would not be much point in making a bypass unless they were far off.
    I used to be optimistic, but i have learned that i was being naive.

This is not a joke but a workable method to finish it.
    Alt-F4 and close your client before that encounter. Players not in the quest and players not currently connected do no count for that crappy 'gather the party' mechanic. Give them 5 minutes or so and reconnect. The encounter should be done by then. You should still be where you disconnected and no one gets a reentry penalty (if you are concerned with that).