Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For me the aura is still the main reason to run a cleric, both for the ticks and the side effects to empyrial magic and spirit generation.

Now if only we had enough AP to have both ameliorating strike, aura AND sunburst from divine disciple...
    OkarisRage, artificer afraid of the reaper
    Caldrick, hp tank wannabe - Noellal, in etr hell
    Tagthor, testing fiery bard
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
    I just started playing three months ago and I’m having a lot of fun trying different alts. I mainly solo, and recently have been trying different cleric/fighter/pally combinations. I’m trying to settle on a build to take into epic levels.

I think I want to run a battle cleric, but I’ve noticed that battle cleric is often interpreted to mean “not very good at healing.” But from the written descriptions (and some other posts) it seems like the Radiant Servant prestige enhancements with the “Positive Energy Aura” turn you into a little walking altar of healing goodness while still leaving room for fighter levels and melee feats. The healing energy aura is powered by Turn Undead and your turns regenerate. although not quite as quickly as they get used up. A level 12 cleric heals a team member by 4 hit points every 2 seconds, so you would be healing everybody at the rate of 120 HP per minute just by standing around, before you fire off a single spell. By level 18 this increases to 180 a minute.

Thanks!
    Why every cleric doesn't have it: the aura is quite nice and has it's place on many builds, but it also takes the T5 spot and you can only have T5's from one tree. Many martial cleric players don't want to give up a better T5.

Why the ones who have it do have it: It's passive and it costs no spell points. Healing amp (including passive boosts like Paladin Past lives) and Devotion/Positive Spell Power (including Divine Epic Past lives) increase its healing potential at no extra "cost".

You could search the forums for Axel's Battle Cleric. Axel's build used to use the aura, I'm not sure if it still does.

You do need to be careful when playing a splashed battle cleric as each non-cleric level you take weakens the aura. A pure cleric (or 1 fighter splash) battle cleric is still pretty weak only because Warpriest sucks as a tree and the good aura may not be worth the weak combat. You'll want to find the sweet spot of enough melee levels to get enhancements in a good combat tree (something like fighter or paladin is nice) but not so many that your aura begins to suck.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    Why every cleric doesn't have it: the aura is quite nice and has it's place on many builds, but it also takes the T5 spot and you can only have T5's from one tree. Many martial cleric players don't want to give up a better T5.

Why the ones who have it do have it: It's passive and it costs no spell points. Healing amp (including passive boosts like Paladin Past lives) and Devotion/Positive Spell Power (including Divine Epic Past lives) increase its healing potential at no extra "cost".

You could search the forums for Axel's Battle Cleric. Axel's build used to use the aura, I'm not sure if it still does.

You do need to be careful when playing a splashed battle cleric as each non-cleric level you take weakens the aura. A pure cleric (or 1 fighter splash) battle cleric is still pretty weak only because Warpriest sucks as a tree and the good aura may not be worth the weak combat. You'll want to find the sweet spot of enough melee levels to get enhancements in a good combat tree (something like fighter or paladin is nice) but not so many that your aura begins to suck.
    Yes, my build still uses aura.

Yes, every cleric level you lose does hurt the aura but it's only 1 hit point per 3 Cleric levels, so positive spellpower and healing amp can more than make up for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12