Question What have you done now!?!

Before todays downtime I was happily roaming my way through Ataraxia with no issues, however just went back to finish off my search for rares....found three but didn't get the chests....especially annoying cos I had a jewel of fortune going!! So I decide to recall and re-enter and I end up in the tavern, strange but even stranger it takes three attempts to leave said tavern the first two put me back in the tavern. Tryed to recall again and back in tavern...hey ho just walked to boat and went back that way, very odd as it was fine this morning and yesterday. Am now going back to try again and yes if it happens again I will bug report it but as I am one of those people that are getting the help request error on login I am not convinced this will work! Anyone else experiencing anything odd....well odder than usual...this being DDO after all!!
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by xXbikergirlXx View Post
    Before todays downtime I was happily roaming my way through Ataraxia with no issues, however just went back to finish off my search for rares....found three but didn't get the chests....especially annoying cos I had a jewel of fortune going!! So I decide to recall and re-enter and I end up in the tavern, strange but even stranger it takes three attempts to leave said tavern the first two put me back in the tavern. Tryed to recall again and back in tavern...hey ho just walked to boat and went back that way, very odd as it was fine this morning and yesterday. Am now going back to try again and yes if it happens again I will bug report it but as I am one of those people that are getting the help request error on login I am not convinced this will work! Anyone else experiencing anything odd....well odder than usual...this being DDO after all!!
    As far I know it's always worked that way. Once you go into the tavern, you will recall to the tavern for the rest of that instance. If you recall from the docks back to Stormreach, on the next instance you will recall back to Stormreach. As long as you stay out of the tavern.

Not a big deal, as the dock is right outside the door.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    As far I know it's always worked that way. Once you go into the tavern, you will recall to the tavern for the rest of that instance. If you recall from the docks back to Stormreach, on the next instance you will recall back to Stormreach. As long as you stay out of the tavern.

Not a big deal, as the dock is right outside the door.
    None of this explains why he didn't get the chests...

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I'm supposed to have *all* the answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    As likely as any other reason.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I'm supposed to have *all* the answers?
    LOL, well, you knew the obscure bit about recalling. I've played in that area more than a few times and never noticed it myself.

Last night I went to enter the Ruins of Gianthold wilderness area. Clicked on the entrance, and it went to the loading screen. When the loading screen finished, I was still in Gianthold, not in the Ruins. And there was none of that "failed teleport" message or anything.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Last night I went to enter the Ruins of Gianthold wilderness area. Clicked on the entrance, and it went to the loading screen. When the loading screen finished, I was still in Gianthold, not in the Ruins. And there was none of that "failed teleport" message or anything.
    More than likely you clicked through the entrance and selected the gate from explorer area to the town area. Why is that possible? No idea, but it is. You can do that in a lot of areas. I use Q to be sure it has the "town to wilderness" selected rather than the "wilderness to town" on the teleporters.

Community Member

Default corrupt a wish :P

Quote Originally Posted by xXbikergirlXx View Post
    Before todays downtime I was happily roaming my way through Ataraxia with no issues, however just went back to finish off my search for rares....found three but didn't get the chests...
    Someones wish got corrupted, so a dev must have fixed the floating chests in epic gh explorer area -> All chests in explorer areas are removed. :P

Default Kobolds!

The lack of rare chests is most likely down to Kobolds.....Note to self.... 'Must send more boxes!'. However I was not aware of the Tavern/Dock recall thingy, so thanxs for the info. There is ALWAYS something new to learn in DDO that's why I love it so much!
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona