Hi everyone! As you may know, for years now we've been releasing Quarterly Wallpapers like the ones that can be found here. We've been thinking that it might be fun to have a place where the community can compile wallpapers of their own as well as a place to put wallpapers we like to make from time to time, to share them with the DDO community!
In other words...got a cool wallpaper? Post it in this thread!
Click here for a .png file of our official DDO Logo on a transparent background.
Click here for a .png file of our DDO Shadowfell Conspiracy Logo on a transparent background.
- There are a lot of different resolutions when it comes to cell phones and monitors, but here are a few that are current as of the time of this writing:
- 640x960 - iPhone 4
- 640x1136 - iPhone 5
- 720x1280 - Galaxy S3
- 1366x768 - Popular laptop resolution
- 1600x1200 - Standard 4:3 resolution
- 1900x1200 - Standard 16:10 resolution
- 1920x1080 - Standard 16:9 resolution
- You will need to host the file elsewhere, and link to it on the forums. There are numerous places to host images, such as Flickr, Photobucket, Google+, Pinterest, blogs, Twitter, etc. Once you get the URL for your wallpaper image, click on the "Insert Image" button in the forum posting pane (it looks like a picture frame) and paste the URL into the URL panel.
- NOTE: The web site currently displays images that are larger than the preview area strangely when using the "preview post" feature. Images will also look very large in the panel where you compose your post. However, the image will be automatically scaled to fit the width of the forums once the post is made.
- Even though the image appears smaller when posted here, the URL will contain the full size image, so right-clicking and "save as" will save the full-size image to your computer. Right clicking and copying the image URL into a new tab will also display the image full-size.
- Your images must fit the Community Guidelines. Inappropriate images will be removed, and your post may receive an infraction.
- We understand that you may wish to call attention to a bug that annoys you by posting it as a "wallpaper" in this thread, but please refrain from doing so - bugs should be sent to the bug-reporting tool here. Using this thread as a soap box to call attention to a bug that bugs you will lead to the image being removed, and the post being infracted for failing to follow moderator directions. Thanks!
If there are other things we can provide you that you would find useful to make your own screenshots, let us know! We'd love to see this thread grow in the coming weeks and months. Have fun! We'll do our best to post up some wallpapers of our own as well.