Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Official Community Wallpaper Thread! (WARNING: BIG IMAGES AHEAD)

Hi everyone! As you may know, for years now we've been releasing Quarterly Wallpapers like the ones that can be found here. We've been thinking that it might be fun to have a place where the community can compile wallpapers of their own as well as a place to put wallpapers we like to make from time to time, to share them with the DDO community!

In other words...got a cool wallpaper? Post it in this thread!

Click here for a .png file of our official DDO Logo on a transparent background.

Click here for a .png file of our DDO Shadowfell Conspiracy Logo on a transparent background.

Some tips:

• There are a lot of different resolutions when it comes to cell phones and monitors, but here are a few that are current as of the time of this writing:
      • 640x960 - iPhone 4
      • 640x1136 - iPhone 5
      • 720x1280 - Galaxy S3
      • 1366x768 - Popular laptop resolution
      • 1600x1200 - Standard 4:3 resolution
      • 1900x1200 - Standard 16:10 resolution
      • 1920x1080 - Standard 16:9 resolution

• You will need to host the file elsewhere, and link to it on the forums. There are numerous places to host images, such as Flickr, Photobucket, Google+, Pinterest, blogs, Twitter, etc. Once you get the URL for your wallpaper image, click on the "Insert Image" button in the forum posting pane (it looks like a picture frame) and paste the URL into the URL panel.
      • NOTE: The web site currently displays images that are larger than the preview area strangely when using the "preview post" feature. Images will also look very large in the panel where you compose your post. However, the image will be automatically scaled to fit the width of the forums once the post is made.
      • Even though the image appears smaller when posted here, the URL will contain the full size image, so right-clicking and "save as" will save the full-size image to your computer. Right clicking and copying the image URL into a new tab will also display the image full-size.

• Your images must fit the Community Guidelines. Inappropriate images will be removed, and your post may receive an infraction.
    • We understand that you may wish to call attention to a bug that annoys you by posting it as a "wallpaper" in this thread, but please refrain from doing so - bugs should be sent to the bug-reporting tool here. Using this thread as a soap box to call attention to a bug that bugs you will lead to the image being removed, and the post being infracted for failing to follow moderator directions. Thanks!

If there are other things we can provide you that you would find useful to make your own screenshots, let us know! We'd love to see this thread grow in the coming weeks and months. Have fun! We'll do our best to post up some wallpapers of our own as well.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Just to post up a few examples, here are some iPhone 5 Wallpapers, made for our 7th Anniversary earlier this year (and still available in numerous resolutions on our Pinterest page here.)

Join us on Twitch!

A couple more, taken from the Q2 screenshots on Google+:

Join us on Twitch!

Awesome shots!
    Thanks!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Default 16:9 Monitor

Personally, I like using 1600 x 900 for my 16:9 monitor...
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Smile Oldies but goodies

I love DDO wallpapers!

Double Moon

Smile Have another

Dusk Over Menechtarun

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Personally, I like using 1600 x 900 for my 16:9 monitor...
    That works too! The resolutions shouldn't be interpreted as rules, they're just suggestions. Submit whatever you want!
    Join us on Twitch!

Wooo pretty :O

Too bad I suck at making wall papers....

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    That works too! The resolutions shouldn't be interpreted as rules, they're just suggestions. Submit whatever you want!
    Careful, otherwise this guy might start submitting things.

Mr. Cordovan

Would it be possible to find my favorite picture, I seem to have misplaced the copy I made of it, and post it.

It was one of the early concept art work and has a warforged, a dwarf arcane, and a third character standing on the steps of the Leaky Dingy with the Upper Harbor in the Background.

Thanks for the time it will take to find.

Thor

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Mr. Cordovan

Would it be possible to find my favorite picture, I seem to have misplaced the copy I made of it, and post it.

It was one of the early concept art work and has a warforged, a dwarf arcane, and a third character standing on the steps of the Leaky Dingy with the Upper Harbor in the Background.

Thanks for the time it will take to find.

Thor
    That one was easy! I like the image too, and had it set aside for possible consideration for the 7th Anniversary wallpapers (although i didn't end up using it.) Here ya go:

Join us on Twitch!

Nice~

Hmm.... any cheesecake?

Community Member

Thumbs up

These are really cool! I think I just found my new desktop images

Community Member

This seems a good spot to re-submit my Shadowfell Conspiracy wallpapers...

16:10 version:

and 16:9 version:

Enjoy! And thanks for the mention in the DDO Chronicle back when I first posted these. Fame! Shinies!

Any chance we could get access to the old wallpapers, like the ones that were used for the quarterly wallpapers without the calendars?

Default Old art

A couple years ago someone posted a painting they had done of a Half Orc Monk hiding from a Beholder in VoN 3. I wont repost it here because I cant remember the artist or even which thread I pulled it from, (and therefore cant get permission) but it is in regular rotation as a desktop background on my PC. It would make an awesome splash screen if someone at turbine could secure the rights to it
    Last edited by rjbutchko; 07-30-2013 at 01:26 AM. Reason: spelling
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Quote Originally Posted by rjbutchko View Post
    A couple years ago someone posted a painting they had done of a Half Orc Monk hiding from a Beholder in VoN 3. I wont repost it here because I cant remember the artist or even which thread I pulled it from, (and therefore cant get permission) but it is in regular rotation as a desktop background on my PC. It would make an awesome splash screen if someone at turbine could secure the rights to it
    Honestly, rather than us securing the rights to use it, the artist should make it a desktop and post it in this thread! I'm not familiar off-hand, though, with the image, sorry.

On the old wallpapers question: A lot of it may have been lost to time. I'll see what I can dig up and get it posted, though.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I'm not familiar off-hand, though, with the image, sorry.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...older-painting

But yeah, they should submit it.

Okay, here are the calendar-less versions of this year's Quarterly Wallpapers, which are the ones I put together, thus have easy access to. Digging through the archives for older wallpapers will be done if/when I've got free time. In the meantime, please feel free to post up your own! I'd love to see this thread get some action. Thanks!

Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast