Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member GlassJaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,960

    Default drop rates for Marks in Attack on Stormreach chain?

    Last night I ran Assault on Summerfield twice (Hard, Normal) and Undermine once on Hard and I didn't get any Marks from the chests or end rewards.

    Is the drop rate on these that bad? I just want some Marks to upgrade my Sora Kell set. I was hoping it wouldn't be this grindy.

  2. #2
    Hero AZgreentea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lost in the Swamp
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    Last night I ran Assault on Summerfield twice (Hard, Normal) and Undermine once on Hard and I didn't get any Marks from the chests or end rewards.

    Is the drop rate on these that bad? I just want some Marks to upgrade my Sora Kell set. I was hoping it wouldn't be this grindy.
    Not that great. I ran Blockade buster about a dozen times before I finally got the mark. I cant remember if the third completion list includes all the marks, or if its completely random. At the time I only needed the one mark, so it seemed better to grind the one quest...
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

  3. #3
    Community Member GlassJaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    I was afraid to hear that but pretty much what I expected. I've run the chain a few times in the past and recalled not getting many marks either.

    According to the wiki, the Marks drop from any chests in the quests. Is there any way to "farm" specific chests quickly or are you better off to just keep running the entire chain?

  4. #4

    Default

    You're far better off running the entire chain, and always have been. Back in the old days, each chain reward used to offer up 2 or 3 random marks, so you could usually get it done by flying through on casual pretty quickly.

    Unfortunately, they added the 3rd list mechanic to it, where every 3rd completion of the full chain you're guaranteed to get a selection of every named item, including all 4 marks. This is quite nice in that you're guaranteed to get the mark you need every third run, but it's unfortunate because they seem to have borked the non-3rd lists to only offer purple marks. At least that was the case last time I farmed marks.

    Even still, the chain reward is the most reliable way to farm them up.

  5. #5
    Community Member Toro12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    I was afraid to hear that but pretty much what I expected. I've run the chain a few times in the past and recalled not getting many marks either.

    According to the wiki, the Marks drop from any chests in the quests. Is there any way to "farm" specific chests quickly or are you better off to just keep running the entire chain?
    First chain completion usually offers all the marks then 3rd chain completions seem to offer your choice.
    The way the marks drop in the chest are odd. Ill run the chain and get 3 of the same mark dropping in chests on the run then 3 runs with no marks in chests. I'd say it's random luck but it has happened to me a couple times now.

    -------
    Side note ;

    Do you really want to bother upgrading your sora set?
    Every time I think about it I see the Ml jump and decide against it. For as little time as the set is useful putting it off for another 2 levels and having it bind to character plus mark grind the upgrade just really isn't worth it IMO.

  6. #6
    The Hatchery Urist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    Do you really want to bother upgrading your sora set?
    Every time I think about it I see the Ml jump and decide against it. For as little time as the set is useful putting it off for another 2 levels and having it bind to character plus mark grind the upgrade just really isn't worth it IMO.
    Personally, I upgraded Teraza's Sight to get true-seeing, but that's all.

  7. #7

    Default

    I upgrade them immediately, but I'm a little anal-retentive about gear. I farmed up and fully upgraded a complete sora kell set for my paladin, ranger, monk, cleric, and most recently 12/8 fighter/cleric.

    Though it's worth pointing out that after the first couple sets I'd done enough TRing that I already had pretty much all the marks I needed for each subsequent set without any additional farming required.

    I consider the sora kell set 13-17 gear, not removed until the house c sets @ 18. Alternately they do fine from 13-19 and then switch out for commendation sets @ 20.

  8. #8
    Community Member GlassJaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Personally, I upgraded Teraza's Sight to get true-seeing, but that's all.
    Basically this, and the Vampiric Stonedust Wraps for a monk are pretty sweet too.

    I'm also a sucker for set items too. The Sora Kell is nice but it's annoying the drop rates are so bad. I ran Undermine again and Blockcade Buster on Hard last night and again, no Marks anywhere. Might just abandon this process altogether. Not worth it.

  9. #9

    Default

    All those sets I mentioned farming up? 90% of all my marks came from chain rewards. It's pointless to try and farm the actual quests for marks.

    Blast through the whole chain on casual in 45 minutes and grab a mark, then again, then a mark of your choice the third time. Repeat as necessary.

  10. #10
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    All those sets I mentioned farming up? 90% of all my marks came from chain rewards. It's pointless to try and farm the actual quests for marks.

    Blast through the whole chain on casual in 45 minutes and grab a mark, then again, then a mark of your choice the third time. Repeat as necessary.
    I've stacks of each type have upgraded 5x stonedust wraps, 4x rock spliter, 1x full set of sora kel gear, and 1x cleaver.

    I find it more difficult to get the correct end reward from the chain to complete the gear sets than pick up the gear and the marks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload