Community Member

Default Guys how do you cc Quori and dream creatures in iq and iq2

So i just hit lv 18 on my cc wizard and wanted to do some iq and iq2. What are the most effective arcane spells that can cc them?

A lot depends on if you are a 1st life wizard or not and what level you are doing the quests on, but I would use finger personaly

Community Member

Just throw a couple of halflings at them, you should be ok. ;D

I use the following
    1. Mass Hold Monster
    2. Greater Shout
    3. Circle of Death
    4. Finger of Death
    5. Otto's Dance (Ball/Touch)

while they share the same look and feel of ghosts and wraiths they are not undead they are outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post

while they share the same look and feel of ghosts and wraiths they are not undead they are outsiders.
    I do believe that some of them are incorporal, however. I also could have sworn that disruption affects them, but I could be wrong.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    I do believe that some of them are incorporal, however. I also could have sworn that disruption affects them, but I could be wrong.
    The Dream Scourges might have some undead flags (but can still be insta-killed). The Dream Stealers do not for sure, and can also be insta killed.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

I use the following
    1. Mass Hold Monster
    2. Greater Shout
    3. Circle of Death
    4. Finger of Death

Wait I thought quori were immune to mind effects and couldn't be danced / held I always used greater shout and instant kills though.

Community Member

Trying to hold/dance/stun them is a waste of SP. Finger them as 1st choice... if you struggle with them saving, start with a nec ray or enervate them.

hmmm, seems I remembered wrong, Dance does not work on them.

I disagree with Holds and Stuns being a waste of SP

Here is why:

1. If there are more than you can insta-kill in a single rotation, any way of reducing incoming damage while having them wait for "Death" will ultimately Save SP on the Healing side.

2. Held they don't tend to Phase Out (the Spiders mainly) or Move Past you causing the loss of the spell cast to "You are not facing..." message

There are three types of quori (Dream Crawler, Dream Scourge, and Dream Stealer. Or as I call them: Spider, elemental, wraith).

All of them are immune to fear (including PK), sleep and charm, but NOT dance balls or holds. They just have very high Will saves.

Only the dream scourge is incorporeal (the elemental one). Dream Stealers looks like wraiths, but are not incorporeal. Dream Crawlers just love to phase in and out all the time, but are not incorporeal either.

There is a fourth common enemy in IQ quests: Dream reavers. They are not quori, and thus don't have Quori Mind immunities (but have another buff that gives immunity to fear and charm). They are the ones that have immunity to hold and web (as if they had continuous Freedom of Movement). And on top of that, they also have high SR and higher saves than Amrath mobs.

So, yeah. Disco ball should work if your DC is high enough. Hold works on the quori, and sleep/Deep slumber works on the reavers. Non-charm and non-fear CC also work, like Greater Shout's stun and prismatic ray/spray.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    There are three types of quori (Dream Crawler, Dream Scourge, and Dream Stealer. Or as I call them: Spider, elemental, wraith).

All of them are immune to fear (including PK), sleep and charm, but NOT dance balls or holds. They just have very high Will saves.

Only the dream scourge is incorporeal (the elemental one). Dream Stealers looks like wraiths, but are not incorporeal. Dream Crawlers just love to phase in and out all the time, but are not incorporeal either.

There is a fourth common enemy in IQ quests: Dream reavers. They are not quori, and thus don't have Quori Mind immunities (but have another buff that gives immunity to fear and charm). They are the ones that have immunity to hold and web (as if they had continuous Freedom of Movement). And on top of that, they also have high SR and higher saves than Amrath mobs.

So, yeah. Disco ball should work if your DC is high enough. Hold works on the quori, and sleep/Deep slumber works on the reavers. Non-charm and non-fear CC also work, like Greater Shout's stun and prismatic ray/spray.
    Just a note I thought of with the dream reavers, I was running iq the other night and icy prison seems to be about 80% effective on my sorc life on elite for them. (wf sorc lvl 18 with 30con) either that or I was just getting lucky but it was very rare for them to save vs it and I was spamming it every time it was off of cd just to make them stay still and not risk sp drain while I killed them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Just throw a couple of halflings at them, you should be ok. ;D
    I should NOT drink soda while reading that... ROFL! Go team meatshield!

Community Member

I use the following
    1. Mass Hold Monster
    2. Greater Shout
    3. Circle of Death
    4. Finger of Death

Ok thanks! I will try out dance and hold later on.

I use the following
    1. Mass Hold Monster
    2. Greater Shout
    3. Circle of Death
    4. Finger of Death

Holds are good, but can become expensive I think. Idk, I've always used Circle of Death, Finger of Death, Greater Shout on them. I've not ever looked it up - but those mobs have always felt weak in the fort save department.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

hmmm, seems I remembered wrong, Dance does not work on them.

I disagree with Holds and Stuns being a waste of SP

Here is why:

1. If there are more than you can insta-kill in a single rotation, any way of reducing incoming damage while having them wait for "Death" will ultimately Save SP on the Healing side.

2. Held they don't tend to Phase Out (the Spiders mainly) or Move Past you causing the loss of the spell cast to "You are not facing..." message
    reply to 1. ... the hold/stun keeps for mere seconds and you have to target and cast, rather enervate/rec ray or finger them, at least you started dropping HP/levels. You have 3 shrines in there... if you have SP issues when healing through damage you need to check your gear or build.

reply to 2. ... aoe the spiders with clouds/fogs/walls/storms/rains ... I run around in shadowalk to gather 10+ then aoe the !@#$%^ out of them.
    Last edited by RustieSojourn; 07-25-2013 at 06:36 AM.