Question multi class loot option question

Im a cleric12/ranger 2/rogue1 ( which will end up c12/ran6/r2).

My question is it seems all my loot is cleric oriented. I see in the options that there is a spot I can uncheck that loot not so tied to toon's build. If I were to uncheck it would that help? Or would I just get so much stuff that is completely useless except to sell?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spadeathome View Post

My question is it seems all my loot is cleric oriented. I see in the options that there is a spot I can uncheck that loot not so tied to toon's build. If I were to uncheck it would that help? Or would I just get so much stuff that is completely useless except to sell?

Thanks
    If you uncheck the box you would get more random loot for your end rewards. Its better that way, if you are multi classed or you have other classed toons that you can send stuff too.
    Member of Mythical

It will certainly help. All of my deep multi-classes turn the class-specific-loot off, and I get lots of loot that I could actually use.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    It will certainly help. All of my deep multi-classes turn the class-specific-loot off, and I get lots of loot that I could actually use.
    I think I will change it then thanks

Community Member

Thanks
    Honestly, you're usually better off TRYING to get things to sell, then you can take your earnings and buy things you need on the AH

Depending what class the game thinks you are, you might be better or worse off clicking the "class loot only" box. As a Cleric, I think you get heavy armor, shields, and maces mostly - none of which are particularly lucrative - so I'd leave it clear and just take random loot.

Other classes that get things like repeaters and bows, scimitars, greataxes, handwraps, etc. can get lucky with items that sell fairly consistently well, and they're better off trying to focus on those.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Honestly, you're usually better off TRYING to get things to sell, then you can take your earnings and buy things you need on the AH

Depending what class the game thinks you are, you might be better or worse off clicking the "class loot only" box. As a Cleric, I think you get heavy armor, shields, and maces mostly - none of which are particularly lucrative - so I'd leave it clear and just take random loot.

Other classes that get things like repeaters and bows, scimitars, greataxes, handwraps, etc. can get lucky with items that sell fairly consistently well, and they're better off trying to focus on those.
    I have already unclecked it. I do only get heavy armor shields and maces. which don't sell well at all. I've already got a couple decent things to sell.

Community Member

Default yup

Thanks
    IMO always uncheck this, especially on caster melee builds or any build that a 5 year old couldnt come up with.

Community Member

wow great thing!
    years of DDO and dident notice the existence of this option, ill rush to uncheck this flag