Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Default Dungeon Tokens, places to get 'em

I'd like to farm up a Greater Heart or two.

I'd like suggestions on where to farm fragments (or tokens if available.)

Quests seem to be the best, my mains are Pallies and I don't need max/min runs, any normal quest would be fine. I know you can trade challenge mats for fragments but I haven't had a lot of success at cannith challenges at or near level (honestly I haven't tried em in ages and never did try some of them yet.)

The wiki is not clear where to farm em. I don't need The Best, anything adequate is fine.

Thank ewe for yore help.

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post

Quests seem to be the best, my mains are Pallies and I don't need max/min runs, any normal quest would be fine. I know you can trade challenge mats for fragments but I haven't had a lot of success at cannith challenges at or near level (honestly I haven't tried em in ages and never did try some of them yet.)

The wiki is not clear where to farm em. I don't need The Best, anything adequate is fine.

Thank ewe for yore help.
    What level is your pally? if around 20 still go into epic time is money at level 21 ish with the level 19 fvs. (If you have the panther even better to go along with the fvs)

Pick up the torches behind you then run forward and buy one time increment and a kobold teleporter from the foreman.

The initial layout is sort of a baseball diamond with the foreman at home plate and the teleporter as the pitchers mound. Park the hire or hires on the pitchers mound in active mode. Pick up the torches at 1-3rd bases. Run to the right past first base, the terrain dips and there is a pool of water, as you approach if there are purples at the far side of the water keep going, that will be a good location. If not turn around and go the other way. Down the other way you'll go down the other way and find a circle of power with purples nearby. Kill everything place the teleporter and torches and teleport back to the foreman.

Buy five more kobolds.

Defend Kobolds till you get enough to get the first star and then wait out the timer.

If the second location does not have purples recall and get a new map. This is rare.

This seems to be the fastest way to get tokens for me now.

Hope this helps.

Well, the challenges are probably the quickest way. And Time is Money is probably one the very best to do. It really is easy. I'm not the hugest fan of the challenges, They're okay, but I get tired of them. However, they are useful and if you need tokens they really are the place to go.

That said, for quests, Devil's Assault is likely the best. It has a fairly high chance to drop 2 tokens on EN. Ofc, you have to pay attention to ransack.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    Well, the challenges are probably the quickest way. And Time is Money is probably one the very best to do. It really is easy. I'm not the hugest fan of the challenges, They're okay, but I get tired of them. However, they are useful and if you need tokens they really are the place to go.

That said, for quests, Devil's Assault is likely the best. It has a fairly high chance to drop 2 tokens on EN. Ofc, you have to pay attention to ransack.
    Those are two great suggestions, and I will try them both!

Sometimes I play during times when I am frequently distracted. Are there any quest with suitable fragment returns that I can stop in the middle if necessary or are the challenges and Devils Assault so much better that I should just play them during dedicated times and not worry about the rest?

Community Member

Those are two great suggestions, and I will try them both!

Sometimes I play during times when I am frequently distracted. Are there any quest with suitable fragment returns that I can stop in the middle if necessary or are the challenges and Devils Assault so much better that I should just play them during dedicated times and not worry about the rest?
    Challenges and Devil Assault generally yield about a token for 30 mins of play. DA also gives you other chests to loot, but of course those can get ransacked, and plus if you fail you have to start over, Challenges only go 5 mins at a time. AFAIK there's little else that gives you that kind of efficiency.

Lords of Dust is a fast quest to run, and has plenty of comfortable stopping points unlike DA, but I'm not sure what the average fragment yield is per run at EN/EH. Likewise, Servants of the Overlord isn't too terribly long, yields a Token, and if you can handle the Ritual optional, there's another Epic chest there.
    Last edited by droid327; 07-23-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Community Member

Lords of dust has given me roughly 20-30 fragments per run on epic normal, i think the von chain and phiarlan carnival were about the same. All of those i am finding rather easy (especially compared to inspired quarter elites) on my 21 druid, and had plenty of safe areas to stop if you need a short break.

The wiki has some info on what epics award tokens or fragments, and roughly how many of each. From that the highest chance appeared to be the part of Sentinels of Stormreach out in searing heights.

Claw is ~ 40 fragments in 4-5 minutes, same with Fathom with that lvl 10 or 11 fighter hire with DD.
    Can't think of anything faster.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Claw is ~ 40 fragments in 4-5 minutes, same with Fathom with that lvl 10 or 11 fighter hire with DD.
    Can't think of anything faster.
    Thanks, at one point I lived in Lords of Dust, searvants always seemed to tame me awh9ile...

I didn't see the section of the wiki, will look again for it.

Now for the challenges first...

Eh, I missed that you said pally, Sobrien and Fathom bosses might not be that fast with paladin ( especially in some off destiny ).
    Also it's with heavy invis use, but it's still worth to learn ( for future heroic farmage ) and change of scenery.

Still faster than LoD or DA in any case.

Claw invis run
    Fathom, maybe there's a video with invisibility.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

Solo devil assault, and propose pple to loot (5 chests) and pass their token/fragments.

If you want them to have the epic chest (more token, more good toot to motivate them), be sure that pple enters the quest just before you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by glouky View Post
    Solo devil assault, and propose pple to loot (5 chests) and pass their token/fragments.

If you want them to have the epic chest (more token, more good toot to motivate them), be sure that pple enters the quest just before you finish.
    ^This.
    usually will get yield you around 10 tokens per run.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Quote Originally Posted by glouky View Post

To clarify this a bit...

After the quest starts and a bit of the way in (it's pretty common to post when the Third Wave starts) post a LFM for Devil Assault that says something like "Free Chests, please pass tokens"

People will join and wait in the sealed off foyer for completion. They'll take the loot in the chests and pass you the tokens. Easy Peasy (assuming you can solo without filling all your slots with gold seal hires). If they're not waiting in the foyer when the quest completes, you lose out on one of the two possible tokens they can pull.

The chests regularly include shroud mats and Tower of Despair boot mats, as well as a slight chance for other more obscure loot (a rune arm among other things) so most people are pretty happy to loot and leave you the tokens.

For a faster farm (DA is ~30 mins) run epic The Snitch in House P. It's usually worth around half a token in frags and two runs should take you less than 30 mins.

did I miss something? Since when can we buy greater hearts with tokens?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Thank ewe for yore help.
    Many people won't agree with me but fastest challenge to run for tokens/fragments is actually Picture Portals, if you know what you are doing you don't really depend on luck (or it's very minor) and you get 450 goblets every 10-12 minutes (450 goblets=1.5 tokens). The way to get that is kill the first 3 bosses+spider behind hidden door next to shrine that would give you score of around 2000 and 450 goblets, with minimal doors open it adds up to 13 minutes but 99.9% of the time you have 1 or more minutes to spare so you just ddoor and trade the extra minutes to the foreman. With the other 2 challenges mentioned (Buying time and Time is Money) you could get more if the map is nice but you could also end up getting much less, so from my experience in the long run Picture Portals is fastest and most reliable thing to run. With that said I hate running challenges, did so many of them for tokens that they bore me after 2-3 runs so I found an alternative that's not as boring, has a social aspect and nets almost same amount of tokens - EN Devils Assault, I don't know if it's bugged but currently it drops more tokens on EN than EH, 1 full token in epic chest 100% chance and another full token in chest to the right 90% chance or so, each run takes 20-25 minutes and you could get a group for it, talk to people and generally have more fun

Community Member

- Labar, the Epic Vendor, at one of the outside alters in The Twelve, will exchange One Truidic Heart of Wood for 20 Tokens Of The Twelve

- I just went premium, so I have to check my challenge tokens, maybe quests would be better after all.

- I did love Picture Portals when it came out, but when I ran it back then on my L20 Pally, I found I couldn't reliably defeat the baddies fast enough to get enough reward at level. It's been awhile now, he's 25 and beefier, but I have a feeling the trash and bosses at 25 are going to slow him down too much. I've got alts but I doubt they're well geared enough to handle the challenge. I also have a limited # of challenge tokens to mess with.

But I am -very- thankful for all the feedback, gave me many options and I'm learning a lot.

(of all the challenges, I've really only run the eveninstar arena challenges and Picture Portals. The layout of picture portals was my favorite for a long time, I only wish I could have been more effective running it. I also wonder if those old challenge guides are still on the new forums somewhere...)

Quote Originally Posted by Gempoult View Post
    ...with minimal doors open it adds up to 13 minutes but 99.9% of the time you have 1 or more minutes to spare so you just ddoor and trade the extra minutes to the foreman...
    How are you doing this without opening additional doors?

You start with 8 minutes and the shortest path I know of to the three bosses passes through 4 additional doors 1 to leave the servants quarters, 1 to leave the library, 1 to leave the water room for the assassin's area and 1 to leave the water room for the consort / general's area.

That means minimum time before you sell to the forman:
    is 8+6 Minutes (3 boss doors) + 8 Minutes (4 intervening doors)= 22 minutes.

I thought that the portals were random, so I don't know of a reliable way to skip those 4 intervening doors. What am I missing? If the toon has ddoor, I can often sell a few minutes to the forman, but I don't see any way to get close to 12 minutes and I'd love to find a way to shave 6 more minutes off each run.

Community Member

- Labar, the Epic Vendor, at one of the outside alters in The Twelve, will exchange One Truidic Heart of Wood for 20 Tokens Of The Twelve
    But not a greater heart... only a TR heart. Just so you know.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    But not a greater heart... only a TR heart. Just so you know.
    Oh yes, thanks, going back and rereading my OP I meant True Heart for True Reincarnation.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I'll have to go back to "write more carefully and reread again before posting" school.

7-10 tokens per hour in lava cave challenges if you get good enough at them, and get good maps. You can still likely pull off at least 3-5 solo if you're not terribly familiar with them or get mediocre maps.

Just don't be afraid to abandon a bad map 1 minute in.
    Last edited by rest; 07-24-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    How are you doing this without opening additional doors?

You start with 8 minutes and the shortest path I know of to the three bosses passes through 4 additional doors 1 to leave the servants quarters, 1 to leave the library, 1 to leave the water room for the assassin's area and 1 to leave the water room for the consort / general's area.

That means minimum time before you sell to the forman:
    is 8+6 Minutes (3 boss doors) + 8 Minutes (4 intervening doors)= 22 minutes.

I thought that the portals were random, so I don't know of a reliable way to skip those 4 intervening doors. What am I missing? If the toon has ddoor, I can often sell a few minutes to the forman, but I don't see any way to get close to 12 minutes and I'd love to find a way to shave 6 more minutes off each run.
    Yeah I'm confused as well. The most parsimonious route I can think to hit three bosses is Servants Quarters -> Gallery -> Banner Hall, drop down and kill Spider then come back up to Banner Hall -> Observatory -> Boudoir and War Room. But even if you sell your last 2 to the Foreman after you kill Ugg, that's still 8 added minutes to the original 8, and I'm not sure if that route is even feasible time-wise while still stopping to collect crests.

The problem with PP is, even though it looks like it should work on paper, every now and then you get unlucky with your Crest drops and waste a run because you cant get a door open and get all 3 bosses and you end up with a bad haul...or worse, you get stuck before you even get one boss and end up with nothing at all for 20 mins of play. That brings your average haul down a lot compared with the 5-min zerg challenges.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast