Community Member

Default Maximize Spell - FOTW Boulder Toss

One possible enhancement (I think it's maximize spell) adds 150 to spell power when activated.

The boulder toss from Fury of the Wild is a force-based spell effect.

Does anyone know if the enhancement also adds 150 spell power to the boulder toss?

My Sorc has around 250+ base force spell power... I know for certain that spell power effects the boulder as his are anywhere from 1200-2400 where my other characters are less... maybe 600-1200? Cant say exact because a lot of those details do not float my boat and I barely pay attention.

My Sorc also has Maximize -- but I am too lazy to go and specifically test 100 throws or whatever. Some people like doing that stuff, hopefully one of them will confirm for you.
    Jeremiiah - Isaiiah - Zephaniiah - Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Spellpower effects it, but it seems to be coded as an ability rather than an SLA, so you cant use any metamagics on it.

Kinda funny that a frail wizard can lob a boulder & do far more damage (though admittedly with lower knockdown DC) than a raging barbarian but hey its a nice little thing to twist
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Spellpower effects it, but it seems to be coded as an ability rather than an SLA, so you cant use any metamagics on it.

Kinda funny that a frail wizard can lob a boulder & do far more damage (though admittedly with lower knockdown DC) than a raging barbarian but hey its a nice little thing to twist
    Also funny that said boulders appear in backpacks ?magically

Community Member

Confirmed that you cannot apply maximize, empower or any metamagic to toss boulder. Spell power and crit mods to work. When in offense mode, my NovaSoul twists in Energy Burst, Toss Boulder and Wild Shot. It is a fun little twist for direct damage oriented builds.... but I have to include the disclaimer that it is not a top 5% min/max meta-build choice. Its just fun, mana free and BOOOM!

Community Member

Default Much Appreciated

Thanks for the info.

Community Member

Boulder Toss is awesome for a ranged/caster specced arti!

Not much more to say about it hehe.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

One other thing to note, is that it's still kind of treated like a low level spell & will be blocked by a globe of invulnerability or similar effects - found that out in a VoD run on my shiradi archmage & it was kind of annying that i couldn't make use of it.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.