Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Completionist feat

can we please make Completionist feat Passive.

Also would be great to have the Completionist feat stackable upto 3 times.

Yes +6 to all stats is crazy right? but you know how long that would take someone to do??

even if they stoned all the lives that would be a lot of money and still a lot of time 1 week period between tr's

for someone who has spent that much time effort and possibly money I think they have earned it.

Also instead of TR wings they should get a different symbol by name showing they are a completionist.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

Sure. Why not? Personally I feel zero incentive to work towards completionist. I just build up the past lives which I feel will be most effective for the end build I am planning on a character. If completionist were passive, I might consider it. Perhaps the bonuses for multiple completionist a should stagger a little though. You have to be 3rd level to take completionist. So say completionist kicks in at level 3, completionist II kicks in at level 6 and completionist III kicks in at level 9. Also, these should be passive feat bonuses, not any type of inherent bonus so you still have to qualify for feats and such normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalexilf View Post
    Yes +6 to all stats is crazy right? but you know how long that would take someone to do??
    There are already people on nearly every server who have done this. I know several on Thelanis who are 3x completionist.

While I wouldn't mind having Completionist be passive, I'm kind of indifferent to it. I have a completionist and am working on another and I haven't found it that difficult to make room for this very desirable feat.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Shalexilf View Post
    I do indeed. And no need to stone, just play the game, it's more fun that way. With the changes coming to the XP curve for 2nd and 3rd life characters this should become a bit easier to achieve.

Totally agree on Completionist being an auto-grant, hopefully will happen with whatever the final version of the Epic TR is in Update 20.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    There are already people on nearly every server who have done this. I know several on Thelanis who are 3x completionist.

While I wouldn't mind having Completionist be passive, I'm kind of indifferent to it. I have a completionist and am working on another and I haven't found it that difficult to make room for this very desirable feat.
    Haha. I too am completionist and do not bother with this feat on any lives save arty, wizard and fighter. If you compare it to other feats...it is not desireable on most builds.

I'm going to be unpopular here and say that I don't want to see the completionist feat passive. I think it's well worth the feat slot on many builds and it's quite powerful for a feat that is not strictly dps related. I certainly do not want to see it 3x stackable due to power creep concerns specifically with casters and DC's. I don't want triple completionist to be the next benchmark for DC's.

However, I do think there should be a passive component to completionist. Players put a lot of work into it and deserve something to show for their efforts if the feat isn't something that works with their build.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Passive feat? Humm, maybe. I guess I'd support that idea, although I can't think of anybody who wouldn't take the feat if it remains active!

Stackable 3 times? HELL NO! That's asking for way too much now. Completionists with multiple past-life feats are already very powerful. Don't get greedy!

Cosmetic symbol other than wings for completionists? Hmm, maybe. It's not a big deal, would be cool I guess.

I'll agree with that it should be passive as it's always a pain to fit it in on feat starved classes.
    But won't agree to it being stacking, nevertheless 3x.

About different simbol/color wings, meh.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

I support all 3 suggestions. I too have been thinking for a while that the completionist feat should be passive. That is the best and most important suggestion to listen to.

I never thought of it stacking 3 times, but I do like the idea.

Having a different TR wing for completionists is something else I never thought of but certainly have nothing against. It is the least important suggestion since it is merely cosmetic, but I see little harm in it.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I support all 3 suggestions. I too have been thinking for a while that the completionist feat should be passive. That is the best and most important suggestion to listen to.

I never thought of it stacking 3 times, but I do like the idea.

Having a different TR wing for completionists is something else I never thought of but certainly have nothing against. It is the least important suggestion since it is merely cosmetic, but I see little harm in it.
    the Completionist wings is a very minor thing but it would be cool if they did. Also instead of making the active feat passive instead maybe they should give us a passive feat for it doesn't have to be +2 to all stats it could be passive +1 to all skills that stacks 3 times .
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

I like the idea of making completionist an autogrant.

I could agree with stacking x3 if level gated - level 3, level 13, level 23.

As for the cosmetic part, I have no serious opinion. Maybe a pair of butterflies fluttering about the name?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Completionsists already have a passive bonus...its all the passive past lives they've accumulated. Each PL tier you gain gives you a passive bonus, that's your "reward" for the work it took to make it through each individual life. There's no reason you need to add a passive bonus just for doing them all, since you're already fully "compensated" for each one individually.

You don't go to your boss at the end of the year and demand extra pay because you did all your work; you get paid for doing your work every paycheck. The Completionist feat, really, is your "Christmas bonus" at the end of the year

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    As for the cosmetic part, I have no serious opinion. Maybe a pair of butterflies fluttering about the name?
    How about an autogrant +50% vulnerability to Light damage, since they spent so much time in front of their computer and not outside in the sun?

Cheap shot, sorry I know, I just had to though

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Completionsists already have a passive bonus...its all the passive past lives they've accumulated. Each PL tier you gain gives you a passive bonus, that's your "reward" for the work it took to make it through each individual life. There's no reason you need to add a passive bonus just for doing them all, since you're already fully "compensated" for each one individually.

You don't go to your boss at the end of the year and demand extra pay because you did all your work; you get paid for doing your work every paycheck. The Completionist feat, really, is your "Christmas bonus" at the end of the year
    What about the 2+ week paid vacation?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

said no before, still no now
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Okay. Then how about a Christmas bonus at the end of each of three years?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

How about an autogrant +50% vulnerability to Light damage, since they spent so much time in front of their computer and not outside in the sun?

Cheap shot, sorry I know, I just had to though
    Almost missed this one. lol

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Completionist being a passive feat, sure, I think it should be.
    Multi-completionist stacking stats, no.
    Multi-completionist offering different bonuses, absolutely.

1x completionist, passive +2 stats.
    2x completionist, passive +2 to all skills.
    3x completionist, passive +200 hp/mana maybe? Passive 20% movement speed that stacks with everything? Plenty of options.

Cool

For x3 completionists, all nearby npc's in public areas should bow and say things like, "Greetings, Great One."

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Completionist should be an auto-grant feat since it's can be very hard (if not impossible) to fit it in to builds which are feat starved classes. As for stacking 3 times I don't think that is a good idea really way to much power in that, I do like the sounds of different coloured wings for triple completionists and even completionists (gold and silver respectively maybe).

Stoner81.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast