Default Turbine please! Invisible weapons...

This bug has been around forever where other players weapons are invisible. But now it's made even worse where player's weapons turn invisible whenever they cast a spell or anything.

It's really annoying because it's not like I sheath my weapon since im still standing as if holding it. And with a xbow my bolt is still visible so I'm basically running around pointing a xbow bolt at things and it looks rather silly.

Founder

Yep, my weapons disappear whenever I do any little thing. And its very annoying when I'm trying to determine if I'm holding the correct weapon. Yes, you can swing and they will appear. But not only should a "workaround" be unnecessary but sometimes its not convenient to go swinging your weapons around for no reason.

*sigh* just face up to it, yall...DDO has finally reached the point where its actually more BUG than it is GAME.

The only thing that can save it now is Starship Troopers.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Yep, my weapons disappear whenever I do any little thing. And its very annoying when I'm trying to determine if I'm holding the correct weapon. Yes, you can swing and they will appear. But not only should a "workaround" be unnecessary but sometimes its not convenient to go swinging your weapons around for no reason.
    Yup it's even more annoying when you have a ranged weapon and have to shoot to see your weapon. Which is not always a good idea.

Default It might be too late they're about to breach the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    *sigh* just face up to it, yall...DDO has finally reached the point where its actually more BUG than it is GAME.

The only thing that can save it now is Starship Troopers.

So Is this something you can fix or no? Please let me know.

I would love to see a Dev's take on this.

Really, I thought that this was WAI. Some kind of a behind the scenes quality of game fix to make characters look a little "more real" when carrying out actions that don't involve twin khopeshes, or a giant greatsword.

Granted, it's not quite "perfect" yet. I wonder if there might be "sheath" toggle button, similar to the hat/goggles/none button to toggle a characters preference of weapons out when idle verses weapons out all the time. With a feature like that, then, perhaps everyone could be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    I would love to see a Dev's take on this.

Really, I thought that this was WAI. Some kind of a behind the scenes quality of game fix to make characters look a little "more real" when carrying out actions that don't involve twin khopeshes, or a giant greatsword.

Granted, it's not quite "perfect" yet. I wonder if there might be "sheath" toggle button, similar to the hat/goggles/none button to toggle a characters preference of weapons out when idle verses weapons out all the time. With a feature like that, then, perhaps everyone could be happy.
    /Sheathe has been available at least as long as I've been playing DDO {2010}.

It's pointless though as ANY movement will unsheathe again.

Basically this Bug is /Sheathe happening without us typing it!

My biggest issue with it is actually that the way characters move in this game is predicated on their weapons i.e. when weapon isn't showing they look bleedin' stupid!

I'm sure adding realistic running movements {especially for arms} would be hard going and a long job so PLEASE DEVS fix this bug!

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

My artificers often look like they're holding a wand instead of a repeater after casting spells.

Community Member

Before this bug, it was the opposite problem: You'd do an emote, or play a bard song, and your weapons wouldn't disappear. Can't tell you how many times my male human ranger stuck his dual-wielded blades through his shoulders while just trying to /sit and kill time for a bit. I wonder if this new bug is related to the fix for that old one?

Come to think of it, I don't even know that they fixed the old one. [Runs off to check...]

Answer: Yes, they did. No more self-laceration. *phew*

So yeah, it's possible they solved the one problem but introduced another. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charononus View Post
    lmao!!!
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.