Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Know your Enemy

Quote Originally Posted by RightToRemainStupid View Post
    It's rare to see a player who has say a Melee, Divine, Arcane and maybe a Bard in their account, all geared and EE ready and capable.
    Not at all. While if your join date is to be believed, then you would not really know this, but, back before MotuD, anyone who was into raiding had a Capped Raid Ready Melee, Divine and Arcane.

In fact, with MyDDO, it was always rather funny to see some of the most staunch supporter of one style of play to have a few capped toons if not a few TR's of the other classes, case in point, I have been a Melee supporter for a while, but I had a capped raid ready Divine, and a TR2 Arcane, in case it was needed.

It was just the way game was when the cap was 20th, and Raids were the end game. Raids needed to have roles filled, and pretty much everyone who was serious about end game, was ready to fill any role. Not to mention that most TR's, and people who like to TR, had done Divine, Arcane, and Melee lives, so it's no surprise at all to see most players with Divines, Arcane, and Melee in their stable, all capped. It was a standing joke some days as to who was going to get their cleric or shadow tank first.. LOL.

Not to mention that most players had Arcane's for Epic Farming as well, no matter what their preferred style of play was

However, with MotuD, many seasoned players did not view being level 25 or even currently level 28 to be Cap.

Cap in the current end game revolves around ED's, and claiming to be capped, would mean you capped all your ED's, regardless of the level of your character. A Lot of players would hold to 23rd as they ground out ED's so they could hunt with a broader spectrum of players, as such 25th was hardly cap to anyone, and to many, it was more a trap then a goal.

Just thought it might be something to share for information purposes.

It's been a good day.

OP Edited as...

Mihtycricket of Cannith is Now Lvl 21

Athiina Ohmsford of Sarlona is Now Lvl 19

&

Tannadice of Khyber is Now Lvl 12.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    before MotuD, anyone who was into raiding had a Capped Raid Ready Melee, Divine and Arcane.
    That's not really true. Sure there were people like that, and there still are. And there were and are people with dozens of alts. And there were and are people with a single main toon only. It's a separate play-style thing that really has little to do with whether you're into raiding or not.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Updated my post to include the following changes since U19:

Araphina Skycrow is now on her 3rd life and is a 11Ranger/8Rogue/1Fighter AA
    Arasin Skycrow is now a 16Sorc/2Fighter/2Monk TFH/THF melee DPS build (using Khopesh/Great Axe) Still Second life.
    Arathaes Skycrow is now a 12Monk/6Ranger/2Fighter Sithali AA build. (Still second life)
    Last edited by TheLegendOfAra; 09-08-2013 at 06:42 AM.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    That's not really true. Sure there were people like that, and there still are. And there were and are people with dozens of alts. And there were and are people with a single main toon only. It's a separate play-style thing that really has little to do with whether you're into raiding or not.
    I can't speak for your server, so, I don't know what that environment was like, I do know on Orien, it was a standing joke of who was going to get their healer or arcane first, if they were playing their melee.

I also know that for the people who only had one toon, unless that toon was a raid healing able divine, it did hurt their ability to get into raids till all the other needed slots were full, but that also was more for the pug scene of raiding when it was alive and well, I would wager that if you raided within your guild mostly, then it was not as big a deal.

I also hear that on other servers, there is not as much in the way of smaller guilds, but I am not sure on that, so it could be an Orien thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I can't speak for your server, so, I don't know what that environment was like, I do know on Orien, it was a standing joke of who was going to get their healer or arcane first, if they were playing their melee.

I also know that for the people who only had one toon, unless that toon was a raid healing able divine, it did hurt their ability to get into raids till all the other needed slots were full, but that also was more for the pug scene of raiding when it was alive and well, I would wager that if you raided within your guild mostly, then it was not as big a deal.

I also hear that on other servers, there is not as much in the way of smaller guilds, but I am not sure on that, so it could be an Orien thing.
    My experiences on sarlona have not been like that, but I am not really with the "in" crowd so maybe it is like what you are describing. My experiences on sarlona show me that the raid leaders count the number of neccessary roles and then reserve slots at the end for them to be filled, then they let anyone who hits the lfm join until it is only those key roles left to fill. Any random person who joins and claims to be able to fill one of those roles, gets the job, openning another slot for another random person.

9/10 times this was what I saw. There were of course the exception, people only letting people they knew join, or myddoing them before letting them in, but for pug raiding that is what I saw on sarlona mostly.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post

Absolute Tripe!!

This depends on what you're commenting on!

I try to steer clear {not always possible because of the proclivities of certain people to equate absolutely everything to End-Game Only!} of commenting on Epic Elites because despite having a Lvl 25 Monk I DON'T PLAY THEM!

Now that I know all your posts refer to Epic Hard or lower, I can safely ignore them from now on, knowing that I am not missing anything relevant or interesting.

Now that I know all your posts refer to Epic Hard or lower, I can safely ignore them from now on, knowing that I am not missing anything relevant or interesting.
    Like I've ever said anything different?

I've Never held back on these forums - I don't hide who I am or what I run.

I've been posting on these forums for almost as long as I've been playing DDO - It was over two years before I had ONE Capped toon!
    I've ran OLD Epics at Lvl 20 - Were Mainly Fun!

I don't intend to run Epic Elites with Under-Level Characters However!

Maybe one day I will be running Epic Elites - For now I am Not.

Go ahead and Ignore me if you like - Maybe then this thread can get back to what it was supposed to be.

Wow. Not being hip to the latest neologisms that proliferate the net, is there already an established word for "Alt made for the sole purpose of trolling"? Something like "Tralt?"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    My experiences on sarlona have not been like that, but I am not really with the "in" crowd so maybe it is like what you are describing. My experiences on sarlona show me that the raid leaders count the number of neccessary roles and then reserve slots at the end for them to be filled, then they let anyone who hits the lfm join until it is only those key roles left to fill. Any random person who joins and claims to be able to fill one of those roles, gets the job, openning another slot for another random person.

9/10 times this was what I saw. There were of course the exception, people only letting people they knew join, or myddoing them before letting them in, but for pug raiding that is what I saw on sarlona mostly.
    Really depended on the raid and it's difficulty, like Shroud or Reavers Fate, you could easy go first 11 and roll it, and on Orien, that was the way it was done sometimes.

Again, no idea bout other servers, but Orien was always the "kinda small" server, and people who joined Pug raids got to know who the "usual suspects" were, we all knew each other, there was a community of us that would join PuG raids or jump in on other guilds runs to fill spots, many of us in small guilds that did not even have enough people to do a whole raid ourselves, I learned quick that if I wanted to build a better rep, I had to not only be good with my main, but having the ability to fill other roles was very important, because you know, those last spots did not always get filled. many of Orien learned that as well, so when the Pug raids would go up, and the Regulars hit it up, we would all play the game of who was going to break down and get their healer first. LOL.

I guess it was a cultural thing. Maybe not as common as I first thought,

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Wow. Not being hip to the latest neologisms that proliferate the net, is there already an established word for "Alt made for the sole purpose of trolling"? Something like "Tralt?"
    What makes you think I'm trolling on an alt account?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post

It's known as a Sockpuppet.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

When H-Orcs were introduced into DDO I made an H-Orc Wizard by the name of Ealdred Creel on Cannith.

I Levelled Ealdred to 11 then when the XP Stones arrived in the Store {Not the Original one per player stone} He moved up to Lvl 16 {TBH that was a Mistake}.

Since then I've managed to earn about 15k XP on him - Couldn't make him Playable at that Level in the slightest!

Tonight I gave up - Ealdred Creel is Now a Lvl 16 Barbarian thanks to the +20 Lesser Heart - One day he'll go back to being an H-Orc Wizard but that will be way off in the Future after a few TRs.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

No-one cares about your "now banned Thelanis legend whose shoes I couldn't begin to fill."
    Well he wasn't boring. That's a DDO player first. By the way, the way you worked that quote into the sentence makes it look like something else entirely was said.

With 3 Capped 1st Lifers - So long as he didn't get into Zerg Farm Groups all the way up - Chances are he's pretty well qualified to talk about this game.
    If I had made a comment about his qualifications for talking about the game, that would have been a good response.

On another note, some pretty solid p*ssing contests going on in this thread. Me gusta.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 09-12-2013 at 03:03 AM.

Athiina Ohmsford {Staff Acrobat} hits 20 on Sarlona.

OP Edited.

EDIT: Ealdred made Lvl 17 Barb - OP Edited.

Re-EDIT: Krymsondeath of Sarlona is now Lvl 19 - OP Edited
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 09-19-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Cannith

Enochpagett starts his 3rd Life today

1st Life FvS, 2nd Life Paladin, 3rd Life Paladin

Enoch made Lvl 2 tonight
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 09-25-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Athiina Ohmsford of Sarlona TRd tonight and is now back at Lvl 2 {2nd Life Rogue}

Dunno how some of you keep track of everything with so many toons... Then again, I am slowly becoming a TR junkie. All my toons are on Argo, except for a stoned sorc on cannith i never play that's just there to watch over a friend's guild.

My Mains
    Honkin Knockers: 11 Sorcerer/1 Monk (My main and the first toon I ever made. Currently doing caster PLs, will end as a caster FvS of some sort. PLs Ranger, Wizard, and Favored Soul)
    Bazongas McHealerson: 7 Wizard (Will end as a cleric of some sort, also doing caster PLs. Past lives Cleric x2 and Favored Soul x1)
    Diaari Thunnari: 20 Favored Soul/2 Epic (My wizard, doing her FvS past lives while I work on my divines. Her last name is a misspelling of House Thuranni, of all things. PLs Sorcerer x1, Wizard x3)

My Alts
    Tranzistoron: 20 Favored Soul/5 Epic (PL: Fighter. I used the +20 lesser to take him to a Soul Survivor from a WF Fighter tank. I deleted him when I left last year, and when I came back, someone had already created a Tranzistor, so I became Tranzistorone. When I lessered, I somehow lost the "e")
    Shankiee McShankerson: 20 Rogue/5 Epic (No PLs, going to TR to drow Rogue when I have time)
    Diaana Nosongsforyou: 20 Bard/5 Epic (My warchanter, no PLs. Going to TR to 16 Bard/2 Fighter/2 Rogue when I've capped my two running TRs)
    Last edited by Fefnir_2011; 10-08-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Enochpagett is Lvl 5 on his 3rd life as of Tonight.

1st Life FavSoul, 2nd Life Paladin, 3rd Life Paladin

OP Edited.

Enoch's up to Lvl 7 and Holding 8.

Keltenn of Sarlona is back at Lvl 16 on his 2nd Life {12/3/1 Paladin/Clr/Ftr atm - Going for 12/7/1}.

OP Edited

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast