Results 1 to 20 of 24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,689

    Default Update 29 Predictions

    What are your update 29 predictions? It's never too early to speculate.

    I predict flying skateboards.

  2. #2
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Our characters will have more commoner levels than normal class levels.

    EDs will have more levels.

    Melees will deal 2k damage on hit, 30k on crit.

    Casters will fart rainbows of pure awesomness dealing 100k-200k damage to mobs in entire room, and 4 rooms away.

    Level 40+ quests will be about cleaning Drizzt's boots (boot polish is guarded by CR100 kobolds equipped with +20 epic vorpals and casting wail, implosion and god know what else)Q, or quest about running arround errands for Elnoobstrel, like bring this love letter to ana, then come back with reply (need to defeat 666 CR 120 skeletons with +30 uberweapon of absolute awesomness to get ink quil and paper for her).

    +10 tomes will drop like candy, while +15 tomes will be in DDO Store.
    Past lifes and completionist toons will also be on sale, so noone can cry that they must play the game to be on equal footing with old vets.

    Quests will drop +30 stats items, +20 DCs items, +500HP items etc. Weapons will be +20, all crit 2-20 X10, all weapon enhancements will be tenfold or twenty fold of current (40d6 damage holy) etc.

    Maximum atainable DCs will be arround 200, DCs needed to land instakills or hold with decent succes rate will be arround 250 (still using d20), players will have 10k HP, trash mobs will have million HP, bosses billion.
    Maximum attainable AC will be arround 400, to hit bonus of all mobs will be at least +666, mobs will have new property "PRR bybass rating", so PRR won't work, and damage will be high enough for divines to be hjealing only, to appease self sufficiency haters, and bring holy trinity they desire.


    Fortunately, judging on update speed, U19 is expansion, U20-21 are new quest packs, U22 is revamped old pack, U23 is new expansion demo U24 is new expansion(arround august-october 2014), U25-26 are new quest packs, U27 is revamped old pack, U28 is new expansion demo and U29 is next new expansion (arround august-december 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  3. #3
    Community Member Robai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    There will be still not enough bank space.
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    All randomly generated items will have been removed from the game by Update 24 and replaced with named items with only randomly generated effects. By Update 29, all named items will turn into items with minimum levels and the effects on items will randomly generate then reset every 6 seconds.

  5. #5
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    All randomly generated items will have been removed from the game by Update 24 and replaced with named items with only randomly generated effects. By Update 29, all named items will turn into items with minimum levels and the effects on items will randomly generate then reset every 6 seconds.
    Whoa! Fantastically Surreal.

  6. #6
    Community Member RTFM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    335

    Default I predict

    1. A funky bug when you swap any gear that effect UMD there is some lag issues

    2. A funky bug when you leave the guild ship a window comes up asking "where do you want to go" even though you have already left.

    3. A funky bug where LFM's left up when logging out become "phantom" for all to see until person logs back in OR server is reset.

    4. "Failure to submit all support requests"
    RTFM, DOOF, and MACHINATION on Khyber. Guild: Toy Soldiers.

  7. #7
    Community Member ycheese123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    349

    Default

    - Equipping a helmet will wipe all Epic Destinies.
    - Characters with 3 classes won't be able to climb ladders. TR as a workaround.
    - A new quest mechanic breaks something in Abbot.
    - Summoning a creature companion may cause you to teleport to a random location.
    - Key to Eveningstar takes you to the Airship hall.
    - Mushrooms in the Red Fens are repositioned, this causes ADQ flagging to be incomplete-able.
    - Using Flesh Render Guards clicky will cause your greensteel items to be deleted.
    - Drinking a potion of moderate repair will subtract 4 DDO points from your account.

    *New and exciting bugs.
    Last edited by ycheese123; 07-23-2013 at 03:20 AM.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

  8. #8
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    - Equipping a helmet will wipe all Epic Destinies.
    - Characters with 3 classes won't be able to climb ladders. TR as a workaround.
    - A new quest mechanic breaks something in Abbot.
    - Summoning a creature companion may cause you to teleport to a random location.
    - Key to Eveningstar takes you to the Airship hall.
    - Mushrooms in the Red Fens are repositioned, this causes ADQ flagging to be incomplete-able.
    - Using Flesh Render Guards clicky will cause your greensteel items to be deleted.
    - Drinking a potion of moderate repair will subtract 4 DDO points from your account.

    *New and exciting bugs.
    ROFL! Nice

  9. #9
    Community Member DynaTheCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    -
    - Drinking a potion of moderate repair will subtract 4 DDO points from your account.
    That's a really good idea.

    A store pot that has about 50 charges and will auto deduct points to recharge back to 50 charges. Like mana or HP.

    So, we don't have to keep rebuying from ddo store ever.

    I will post your suggestion in the suggestions section.

  10. #10
    Community Member Psiandron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I'm right here.
    Posts
    1,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    - Equipping a helmet will wipe all Epic Destinies.
    - Characters with 3 classes won't be able to climb ladders. TR as a workaround.
    - A new quest mechanic breaks something in Abbot.
    - Summoning a creature companion may cause you to teleport to a random location.
    - Key to Eveningstar takes you to the Airship hall.
    - Mushrooms in the Red Fens are repositioned, this causes ADQ flagging to be incomplete-able.
    - Using Flesh Render Guards clicky will cause your greensteel items to be deleted.
    - Drinking a potion of moderate repair will subtract 4 DDO points from your account.

    *New and exciting bugs.
    This seems like an eerily accurate prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Monsters subject to CC will no longer slide around and continue to attack.

    Due to a bug, on log in characters will be reset to L1 and all epic destiny XP will be wiped. Unfortunately since the forums will be "upgraded" at the same time no one will be able to warn anyone before they log in and since as a cost cutting measure backups have been eliminated no roll back is possible. Devs believe this is a challenge that players will enjoy.

  12. #12
    Community Member Moonsickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the void between Light and Shadow
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ycheese123 View Post
    - Summoning a creature companion may cause you to teleport to a random location.


    Would seriously doubt this happening as then it would make companions ACTUALLY useful... even if it's only somewhat useful.

    You might eventually make it to where you want... and for many just in time to realize their ship buffs are just about to run out when finally getting there and then need to race back to their ship since their breathing bar will go red and they'll begin to take damage without them.



    U29 may only be a dream...
    starting to think this "alleged" expansion will have DDO putting out their ill-conceived Mini-Destinies P... err I mean Enhancement Pass then shutting the lights off shortly after... just so they can say they delivered it.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

  13. #13
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Our characters will have more commoner levels than normal class levels.

    EDs will have more levels.

    Melees will deal 2k damage on hit, 30k on crit.

    Casters will fart rainbows of pure awesomness dealing 100k-200k damage to mobs in entire room, and 4 rooms away.

    Level 40+ quests will be about cleaning Drizzt's boots (boot polish is guarded by CR100 kobolds equipped with +20 epic vorpals and casting wail, implosion and god know what else)Q, or quest about running arround errands for Elnoobstrel, like bring this love letter to ana, then come back with reply (need to defeat 666 CR 120 skeletons with +30 uberweapon of absolute awesomness to get ink quil and paper for her).
    +1 million

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    mobs will have new property "PRR bybass rating", so PRR won't work
    This sounds scarily likely.

  15. #15
    Community Member HatsuharuZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    There will be an Adults Only server, which will be the only place to buy Succubus pets and cosmetic underwear.

  16. #16
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    6,301

    Default

    Every item in game will not only now Bind to Character, it will bind to your equipment slot once equipped. The only removal will be a DDO Store elixir you can buy in update 30.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker


  17. #17
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    6,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    Every item in game will not only now Bind to Character, it will bind to your equipment slot once equipped. The only removal will be a DDO Store elixir you can buy in update 30.
    Now now, it will be announced by the devs that it does drop in-game. Whether anyone has actually received one in-game will be the source of Urban Legends of course...

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    What are your update 29 predictions? .
    I predict the game wont be here for an update 29. WB will pull the plug before u29.

  19. #19
    Community Member Systern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Update 29 will have Epic Storm the Beaches, and that's it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload