Community Member

Exclamation Urgent tr problem

TRing into my fourth life as a monk TODAY. I have three past lives as fighter. Was thinking a light-monk, but, I'm totally unfamiliar with this class. I like the idea of self-healing a little and eventually getting a raise option for fallen party members, but, I am open to other feasible options, as well.

I have garments of equilibrium, fernian and stonedust handwraps(i think the mats to make vampiric as well. will update again in AM with full list of my monk gear as i clear TR cache.)

+4str tome
    +2dex tome
    +3con tome
    +2int tome
    +3wis tome
    +4cha tome

My goal with this build is to be a versatile, self-sufficient toon who can solo when my group isn't around. I don't really have a clue what to do with my starting stats, feats, race, etc...

Also need a quick summary of how to play the monk. Previous lives as melee have been "hold click and cleave" so the monk combos and stuff just baffle me at the moment. The couple I have run up to lv4-5 have not been very...productive. And advice on how to set up a couple hotbars would be excellent.

I just want to get through 2-3 lives of monk ASAP for the past life damage. Everyone says monks are amazing, so, with a decent build I hope to accomplish this quickly.

As I said before, will be checking for replies and posting other necessary info around 11am EST.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Everyone's favorite creepy uncle-Doj

Community Member

so, i made the vampiric stonedust wraps and the jidz-tet'ka bracers. have other stuff but since no one else replied, yet, i havent taken the time to list it all as i will be commencing the TR shortly..

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDoj View Post
    so, i made the vampiric stonedust wraps and the jidz-tet'ka bracers. have other stuff but since no one else replied, yet, i havent taken the time to list it all as i will be commencing the TR shortly..
    do any crafting? start with a robe and invulnerability added, then when you get to lvl 7 i think you can add life shield...

Community Member

no, i do not. will have a friend make one if possible today. thanks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDoj View Post
    for crafting: masterful crafted screaming handwraps of bleeding - lvl 1, nice damage against everything that bleeds. Id also recommend to get a +3 dex tome so you can start with 14 dex. But 15 dex doesnt really hurt so go ahead...

Vampiric stonedusts didnt really impress me on my clonk, damage is pretty low but maybe its good when your self-healing is bad. Try to find something with 2d6 elemental damage and lacerating in the auction house, I have lvl 8 race restricted caustic handwraps of laceration which really pack a punch at low lvl. If youre going for a stunner, take a look at the cannith challenge belt (spare hand). I also prefer the frozen tunic from challenges over the garments of equilibrium, the freezing ice is nice and the extra ki is also great.
    Zeugen der Dreizehn, Thelanis:
    Makkuroi, chain TR: currently drow pure caster warlock
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

If you have access to Cannith challenges, the Frozen Tunic is very solid gear for leveling. Since its proc on hit, the high attack rate of a monk makes freezing ice proc a lot. If you are stun oriented monk then you may want a Spare Hand as well for the extra stun DC.

If you have the older, no min level fernian wraps, they are very good for quite a while, but you will need to get a variety of wraps for common enemies. And on a light monk, paras are extremely effective as they tend to extend the fists of light healing when you need to top up your hp.

Once you hit 12 or so, you will want a good set of stunning 10 wraps with some damage. While Vampric Stonedust are nice, I find that I really miss the extra points on stunning fist for elite bravery bonus content. I have them on a few monks, but tend to use Shocking burst of stunning 10s instead. If I need the healing or ki, I'll swap to para for a bit and not stun. I find that I don't stun a lot until mid level content, the mobs die to fast without it, and the quick kills doesn't lead to enough ki. Still useful on tougher orange names, but not so much for trash.

You will also want the full array of specialty wraps: Disruption, Banishing, Smiting or a least the equivalent banes. Stunning 10's, Paras, Bypasser (devouts from shadow crypt's optional chest work but are a pain to get). And a couple of general purpose high elemental damage wraps (shock/acid of lacerating for example).