Default Question about TR and multiclassing

I know that the way things worked in the past was that if you were multiclass and you TR'd the class that would get the past life credit would be the one with the most classes or in the case where both classes had the same number of levels, the class that came first alphabetically would get it. Considering that the new class builds seem to favor 5-level chunks, and also given the number of points you have to distribute among your various trees, the 10/10 split is going to be a very good way to multilevel. My question, therefore, is when we go through the TR process will we be given a choice of which class gets the past life credit, or will the class that comes first alphabetically always be the default choice?

Sorry, that's unclear: the class to get the past life credit would be the one with the greatest number of levels or, where they're equal, the one that comes first alphabetically.

Community Member

The one with the greatest number of levels is the past life you get. If you have a even split, then I would assume it is the last level you took that becomes your past life. I don't think it has anything to do with what the classes are called

Quote Originally Posted by n1x0r- View Post
    The one with the greatest number of levels is the past life you get. If you have a even split, then I would assume it is the last level you took that becomes your past life. I don't think it has anything to do with what the classes are called
    Wrong.

Barb
    Bard
    Cleric
    Fighter
    Pally
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Sorc
    Wiz
    Monk
    Fvs
    Arti
    Druid

Old classes in aplhabetic order, new ones as they came.

Though if you're TRing immediately after don't see why 10/10 would matter as you stay at 18, farm to 20 and take two levels of whatever.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Well, 11/9 used to be fine but in the future we'll get HP bonuses for every five levels of a class we do so--and with the nerfs to toughness every HP bonus matters.

Quote Originally Posted by waryJerry View Post
    Well, 11/9 used to be fine but in the future we'll get HP bonuses for every five levels of a class we do so--and with the nerfs to toughness every HP bonus matters.
    Every 5 Character levels. 11/9 and 10/10 get as many HP.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Every 5 Character levels. 11/9 and 10/10 get as many HP.
    Was that changed before Lamannia went offline on Monday?

It's been consistently 5 class levels since it was introduced.

Yeah, I think it's class rather than character levels.

Community Member

First off, I don't buy 10/10 splits are going to be a new thing. You get access to Enhancment tiers from 1-5 char levels, but past that its the same as before - you build to hit access to spell tiers, for auto-grant feats/extra feat slots, etc., and those usually happen at 9, 12, 14, etc.

Plus, like someone else alluded to - you bank at 18, I don't think that's going to change in the EP, so those last 2 levels can be whatever you want and it wont affect you if you're just going to immediately TR into something else. Think of it more as a 10/8 build than a 10/10. And those last 5 HP are also moot, you wont get them till 20 anyway, so they wont help you leveling up to TR.