Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member Nuckin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    734

    Default Endgame Fighter question

    I Just recently tr'd my fighter and either plan on going completionist or at least do 3 fighter past lives and 3 monks, my question is tho when I do my final fighter life, should I go all 20 in fighter or multi 2 levels? Haven't ran many epics with him yet so curious as to which would be more beneficial in the end, the capstone? or say 2 levels for evasion? or even 2 pally for the saves? any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin View Post
    I Just recently tr'd my fighter and either plan on going completionist or at least do 3 fighter past lives and 3 monks, my question is tho when I do my final fighter life, should I go all 20 in fighter or multi 2 levels? Haven't ran many epics with him yet so curious as to which would be more beneficial in the end, the capstone? or say 2 levels for evasion? or even 2 pally for the saves? any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
    TWFing or THFing?

    Asking with as the way things were on Lamania with the enhancement changes there's really no point in going above 12 fighter. The ideal splashes beyond that are different though between THFing and TWFing.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 07-16-2013 at 04:58 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    TWFing or THFing?

    Asking with as the way things were on Lamania with the enhancement changes there's really no point in going above 12 fighter. The ideal splashes beyond that are different though between THFing and TWFing.
    This is right on. As things look currently, pure class builds are getting kicked in the shorts. However, you're talking about your final build here so you have plenty of time to wait and see what the new enhancements look like when they come out. Supposedly that will be in later half of August. I prefer pure builds just from a flavor standpoint, so that's what I go ATM. But, and this is just personal speculation, I think Turbine prefers a well designed multi-class character to be superior to an equally well designed pure class character, for business reasons.
    Katavina Leagond - Cannith

  4. #4
    Community Member Nuckin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Yea shoulda mentioned that lol hes a thf kensai atm

  5. #5
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin View Post
    Yea shoulda mentioned that lol hes a thf kensai atm
    Fighter 12/Monk 6/Probably Paladin 2

    You can be centered with max dodge, 25% incoprporeal, and about 100 PRR. Pretty much better defense then any defender build with more offense than the best barbarian. It's so awesomely broken you gotta take advantage of it before it gets nerfed.

    This is of course based on the last public beta stuff, I do not have access to the current beta and cannot tell you if anything has changed.

  6. #6
    Community Member Nuckin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Fighter 12/Monk 6/Probably Paladin 2

    You can be centered with max dodge, 25% incoprporeal, and about 100 PRR. Pretty much better defense then any defender build with more offense than the best barbarian. It's so awesomely broken you gotta take advantage of it before it gets nerfed.

    This is of course based on the last public beta stuff, I do not have access to the current beta and cannot tell you if anything has changed.
    Would you have to use Quarterstaves tho? or can you somehow be centered with a great axe or somethin?

  7. #7
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin View Post
    Would you have to use Quarterstaves tho? or can you somehow be centered with a great axe or somethin?
    New kensei stuff lets you stay centered with a weapon group.
    Or so says DDOwiki. *shifty eyes*

  8. #8
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    New kensei stuff lets you stay centered with a weapon group.
    Or so says DDOwiki. *shifty eyes*
    It worked on Lamania so unless they change this between now and Aug 19 it is the new over-powered FoTM build.

  9. #9
    Community Member Nuckin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    734

    Default

    You're joking right? you are going to be able to stay centered while holding a great axe or SOS? lmao wow

  10. #10
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin View Post
    You're joking right? you are going to be able to stay centered while holding a great axe or SOS? lmao wow
    I'm not joking.

    It is that OP.

    It gets better . . . with the lower hanging fruit in monk you can get about 100 PRR while being a fully offensive build. With a few feats you can buy the higher tiers of the monk stances as well.

    Have fun until they sober up and nerf it.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 07-18-2013 at 02:16 PM.

  11. #11
    2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    I would really love to just stick with one class and get rewarded for it. I dislike exploiting the system, or even worse, feeling like I have to exploit in order to be viable.

    My latest TR is a dwarf kensei specializing in dwarven axes. The regular damage is so-so, but the criticals are pretty excellent. I'm only level 9, so I don't know how it's going to be later on, but I feel like I should be hitting harder with a d10 weapon and 30 strength. At least the wizards can't poach all my kills....yet.

    As someone who tends to stick with one class, what are the benefits to adding in monk/ranger/whatever? I've been curious about all these battleaxe wielding artificers I've been seeing en masse in epic raids.

  12. #12
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MangLord View Post
    As someone who tends to stick with one class, what are the benefits to adding in monk/ranger/whatever? I've been curious about all these battleaxe wielding artificers I've been seeing en masse in epic raids.
    In live - feats, some prestiges - possible UMD.
    Eg - 18/2, fighter/monk - took monk for 2 feats (net gain of 1 feat) and evasion (mainly evasion)
    18/2 fighter/rogue - 2 rogue for UMD and evasion.

    Now, the greataxe wielding artifcers? They're Juggernauts -https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-the-Warforged
    In short - self healing (reconstruct) melees with manyshot, evasion and UMD.

    Anyway, you are rewarded for sticking to one class - capstone ftw!
    It's just a better trade to splash most of the time, at least in my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload