Hybrid View

Community Member

Question Launcher stuck at Initializing

Since the update my launcher takes ages to get through the "Initializing" stage.

Once it gets past that everything works smooth.

No system settings have been changed.
    No connection settings have been changed neither is it clogged.
    The launcher isn't using any immense resources (CPU usage/Memory usage close to none).
    Checked with firewalls and Avast! turned off.

Nothing helps <.<. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Be glad it actually gets past "Initializing. .." for you. Mine's been stuck on initializing since the "update" to the launcher. Been emailing turbine support since monday morning. Their "sage advice" (even after I'd told them that I tried everything on the support page) was to try things on the support page...

That being said, be glad you can still play. I've been DDO-less for a week. I'm starting to twitch. Hey! Great new idea for Turbine to make big cash! The DDO patch! (Not a game patch) Launcher borked? Wear the ddo patch! Game too laggy? Wear the patch! Only problem with my idea is that they'd probably find a way to bork that up too....

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Customer Service Representative Carpe_Noctem's Avatar

I moved this over to the Tech Support forums for better visibility. I'd also recommend submitting tickets to the Tech Support team if you are still having these troubles.
    DDO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @DDOSupport

Community Member

Its been 2 weeks since the july 15th update and i haven't been able to log in since then. the launcher is stuck on intializing. I don't even get to the username and password screen its sticks as soon as i start the launcher. Tech support hasn't been able to work it out. I've done everything they have sent me to do and none of it has worked.

With the assistant of the ever patient turbine support I found out what was causing my "Initializing. .." issue. They suggested uninstalling my PC Tools firewall/antivirus/antimalware program to see if it made a difference. After I uninstalled it it still didn't work. But I looked for a while and found some left over files that I promptly deleted. I tried again to log in and guess what? It actually worked!

Being as my time was almost up (only a few days left) with PC Tools, I decided to go with Bitdefender Total Protection. After installation I tried to load ddo again. I was promted by the new fire wall to allow access and I did. But then it got stuck on "Initializing. .." again! I was frustrated but not even close to giving up. I opened up the firewall and clicked on the turbinelancher.exe. As it turns out, it had something to do with a port access. I clicked to allow it access and, what do you know, access to ddo and I'm able to play again!

That being said, it was a firewall issue for me. So I'd suggest going over your firewall access with a fine tooth comb and make sure it has all the access that it needs. I know, I know "It had access before the launcher update and worked fine. Now they update the launcher and it doesn't work?" I get it, I really do. But it worked for me, maybe it'd work for others too?

I'm on my phone right now, so when I get on my pc I'll check to see exactly what I did and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Community Member

ok thx Mal will have a look at it