Community Member

Default Suggestions for Public LFMs and Raid LFMs

The biggest problem right now as I see in this game is that unless you are in a big guild or have access to many channels, I find it very difficult to PUG raids. This is slowly destroying the game as DDO is viewed as a closed community to newcomers. I have channel access, but I have been trying to PUG most things lately because so many just don't get the opportunity to experience end game raids.

I would suggest some enticement to encourage a public LFM and not exclusive membership to a PUG. This could be tracked as having more than 4 members of a guild in a single raid or 2 in a normal quest. The bonuses could be as follows:

XP increased by 20% to those eliglble
    Loot increased by +2.

The community won't change unless they are incented to. I personally do not want to see this game die and if end game becomes to only the select that have membership, it will eventually die.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    This could be tracked as having more than 4 members of a guild in a single raid or 2 in a normal quest.
    So a Guild that doesn't pug out a single spot in a Raid gets a Bonus to XP and Loot?

Cos that's how this reads!

And somehow I don't believe that was your intention at all...Was it?

How about:

No more than 3 Members of any single Guild in a Party = Bonus Gained so long as Party is full and has no more than 1 Hireling!
    Hireling - If a hire of a Guild Member COUNTS as one of that Guild's allowed 3 Members!

No more than 6 Members of any single Guild in a Raid = Bonus Gained so long as Raid Group has at least 11 Members in Raid!

As for Channel Groups - I'm not sure how you can stop people filling from channels BUT I do see Abbot LFMs up on Cannith and though it's always advertised in Cannithtrade as being up it is ACTUALLY up and available to everyone of the level range to hit {so long as flagged of course}.
    I have no knowledge of other channels on Cannith and Cannithtrade fluctuates between 30 and 80 members depending on what time of day I log on {only time you can see how many people in a Channel is when you log on btw which I feel is a bad thing}.

Sarlona has the Defense Channel which frankly everytime I've logged on to that server has had less people in it than Cannithtrade!
    I logged on yesterday to find I was the only person in it {at least for a few minutes}!

I don't think Channels are that much of an issue tbh UNLESS there's a large number of very private channels that never pug anything - BUT the rest of us have no idea they exist do we?
    So we must just treat them the same as Soloists and Permadeath and Roleplayers - They play the game in a different way to the rest of us.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    So a Guild that doesn't pug out a single spot in a Raid gets a Bonus to XP and Loot?

Cos that's how this reads!

And somehow I don't believe that was your intention at all...Was it?

How about:

No more than 3 Members of any single Guild in a Party = Bonus Gained so long as Party is full and has no more than 1 Hireling!
    Hireling - If a hire of a Guild Member COUNTS as one of that Guild's allowed 3 Members!

No more than 6 Members of any single Guild in a Raid = Bonus Gained so long as Raid Group has at least 11 Members in Raid!

As for Channel Groups - I'm not sure how you can stop people filling from channels BUT I do see Abbot LFMs up on Cannith and though it's always advertised in Cannithtrade as being up it is ACTUALLY up and available to everyone of the level range to hit {so long as flagged of course}.
    I have no knowledge of other channels on Cannith and Cannithtrade fluctuates between 30 and 80 members depending on what time of day I log on {only time you can see how many people in a Channel is when you log on btw which I feel is a bad thing}.

Sarlona has the Defense Channel which frankly everytime I've logged on to that server has had less people in it than Cannithtrade!
    I logged on yesterday to find I was the only person in it {at least for a few minutes}!

I don't think Channels are that much of an issue tbh UNLESS there's a large number of very private channels that never pug anything - BUT the rest of us have no idea they exist do we?
    So we must just treat them the same as Soloists and Permadeath and Roleplayers - They play the game in a different way to the rest of us.
    Meant what I said but meant to say not qualify for bonuses at end.

I tend to disagree on 'fixes' that involve flagging group members and having inclusive benefits.
    Sure, your idea would encourage some intermixing but would not solve the problem. Most of those players that run through channels and such would be deemed the more 'hardcore' players and they would likely stick to their groups anyways. It's not for fear of the other players, but simply because they know their group and want to help each other out and they can get whatever they want done just as fast with less risk of failing.

I've run in some static groups that all have the same agenda and it truly just runs much smoother even with 4 people than trying to fill for 6. We blast through content and level rapidly even using a hireling for a healer or running without one whereas I've been in pugs that struggle with more players and a real healer through the same content.
    It's mostly done for the comfort of the group and not because any players dislike new players or are afraid of grouping with someone else.

In order to effectively get raids, and mostly not the end game raids, back into the pug scene, they need the incentive of loot. The Shroud gets run often but ToD not so much because the rings from it have lost their appeal with the introduction of newer loot. How many people actually craft items from LoB? It's another case of a raid where not enough people want the items.
    ToD and LoB are up rarely on Sarlona, yet ADQ/VoN/Abbot are actually run because people want items from those... and they aren't even end game. You'll see plenty of FoT and CitW groups as well because they still have rewards worthwhile.

Community Member

Well, they didn't fix the phantom LFMs for a long, long time, they are still there... It tells you how high the LFM is on their priority list. On a scale from 1 to 100, the importance of LFM is beyond 10 at Turbine. I never read any comment from the devs about pick up groups, I guess they think it's a feature some people can use, but not a basic element of the game. Yeah, it's sad, if LFM on your scale is above 90, in that case you are probably playing the wrong game.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

While I understand the op's main concerns, I also understand that people tend to join guilds that have people they enjoy playing with. And forcing people to play with random strangers rather than their friends and guildmates with xp incentives, I don't believe this will foster the results the op would like to see. And while I know how hard it can be to make friends in DDO, at the same time, I can't agree that it would be right to try to implement the idea where it's better to play with random strangers over your friends.

And I practical terms...if they did implement an xp bonus like this, I believe it would most likely just shift the balance more to channels where people have a pool they are friendly with and familiar playing with than posting pugs. We'll just see see invitations across the channels that read something like "Going for extra xp, have 2 from guild a, looking for four more, no more than 2 per your guild".
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!