Default Hireling teleportation...

I know that sometimes the hireling will teleport to you. It usually works that if you can jump off something and featherfall while calling the hireling, they will teleport to you. Usually...

Please just make it so that when you press the little feet button the hireling will teleport to your side. Their AI is so awful when it comes to just about everything, but especially when it comes to where to walk, that this would be a welcome change.

This wouldn't fix the terrible AI, but it's a decent workaround. As it stands now, I often place them on passive and tell them to stand still, which, when you think about it, is not all that great anyway. ("I'm going to hire you as the professional mercenary you are! Great! Now stand still and don't move or talk or walk or cast any spells or swing your weapon!") But it really gets annoying when I finally call the hireling and he walks right through traps, or into lava, or whatever. I don't think auto-teleport (when they already teleport some of the time anyway) would be game-breaking, but it sure would be convenient and far less frustrating than the way it is now.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

I remember the devs saying awhile back that it was an intentional change to have the hires try to run to your location first when you summon them and after X seconds they just teleport to you if they hadn't reached you yet. if you are far enough away, they will just automatically teleport to you or if you jump down from something high enough. it would be nice though if their AI was better to realize that they need to try to go around or jump over dangerous spots. I think the problem with a change in their AI to do that would be trying to get a rogue hire to disable traps while inside of a trap, which brings another issue of pathing.

What's really odd (and annoying) is when one will teleport to you instantly, while the other will try to run.

Sometimes I have a plat-bought hireling, and a store-bought rogue when I have to do traps. I hit the little feet icon and one of them (not always the same one) will instantly teleport to me while the other will laboriously try to run all the way to me, sometimes taking quite a while.

While trying to run the entire Threnal chain the other day with a fighter and two hirelings (one cleric, one rogue), I had several hireling deaths from the flame traps that shoot up in the middle of the floor. I would go around them and then call the hirelings from a good distance away. Often, one of them would teleport to me, the other would run through the traps and (sometimes) die.

It is quite annoying that I pretty much have to put the hirelings on passive and tell them to stand still, then clear the entire corridor myself (which would be much easier if I had a hireling cleric to heal me), then go back to the hirelings, tell them to follow, get to the trap, tell them to stand still, walk a few feet to the side, tell them to come to me, wait for them to come to me, tell them to stand still, walk a few more feet, tell them to come to me, etc... But that's the only way to get them around the fire traps without having them walk right over it.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.