Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Official Black Abbott Raid Feedback Thread - PLEASE POST DISCUSSION HERE

I just went into the new Abbot raid and when you die in there, you get "Touch of Dollurh". It's -10 stats until you rest up at an inn. Even then the stat damage still sticks after that first tick of curing, which might be a bug but not sure. The full thing usually goes away on my cleric after 2-4 minutes at an inn.

Haven't been in the new puzzles yet but hopefully they changed.

Anyone else seen any other changes?

So does that mean a round about way of forcing people to do the puzzles, instead of just jumping off and dying?
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    So does that mean a round about way of forcing people to do the puzzles, instead of just jumping off and dying?
    yes

wow :/

Bones Combat Brigade

Problem is- you get that if you die period. Not just by failing a puzzle. If you get hit by chain lightning and die-- its there.--How many people do you know who can take a -10 to EVERY stat decrease and still be functional? And as far as I could tell-- its not removable by any spell a cleric has-- greater restoration, heal, nada -- still there until you sit in a tavern or use a rest shrine.
    "Some things have to be believed to be seen." Ralph Hodgson

Ciarra Stormbringer Cleric/Sorceror
    Darianna Dawnbringer Wizard
    Riasha Dawnbringer Rogue/Fighter

Rhavynheart Stormbringer Cleric
    Kestryl Stormbringer Sorceror

Community Member

Seems they also fixed the Minos Legens helm bug (insta healing).... Back to the drawing board for all those groups that suppossedly had beat it easily and repeatedly...

Yeah, tried a lot with Kestryl: Heal, Greater Restoration, Top Tier Divine Cleansing, didn't get it....

Community Member juniorpfactors's Avatar

Default .....

= total NON starter.... have fun with this "RAID"

"Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns" is now in effect.....pre-update worth the time/investment sink? maybe.....now

I have my Serious doubts........ this raid = hey lets all go in here and buff so we go back to the bar for 4 minutes to get fixed...I think the bar wont be seeing me for that long= I wont do this raid
    Last edited by juniorpfactors; 10-22-2007 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    yes

Forget this raid then, for me anyway, if this is the entirety of the changes to it.

Part of raiding, in my eyes, is getting a group of people that work together, solve the problem, and the problem gets easier the more experience those people have with it.

This raid, w/ the random teleports, and now the ridiculous penalty.......It's just random BS.
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by juniorpfactors View Post
    = total NON starter.... have fun with this "RAID"

"Law of Diminishing Marginal Returns" is now in effect.....pre-update worth the time/investment sink? maybe.....now

I have my Serious doubts........ this raid = hey lets all go in here and buff so we go back to the bar for 4 minutes to get fixed...I think the bar wont be seeing me for that long= I wont do this raid
    I have over 150 raid counts across my toons, but I will not, nor will I ever, do the Abbot raid.

After reading today's "patch" read: nerf, I'm even less inclined to do it than before.

Just want everyone know I'm gonna try and get into the puzzles tonight. If they changed those timers, maybe it'll be doable. But this was a pretty big nerf... especially if you can't do ice puzzle since at least 1-2 die in Inferno.

Really? Wow ...
    Quote Originally Posted by EULA
    As part of your Game experience, you can input language and upload content to our Servers in various forms ... (collectively, the "Content"). Content created by you must not: ... (f) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Game.
    See, even the EULA says its a game and supposed to be fun. EvilDuckie-DuckieBot

Quote Originally Posted by totmacher View Post
    Haven't been in the new puzzles yet but hopefully they changed.
    There have been adjustments made to the puzzles. The Phasing Tiles chasm, in particular.

Many other little errors were fixed as well - for instance, the Inferno better matches the platform's shape, and Encase has been completely overhauled so it won't do odd things like "capture" people that run into it.

Community Member

OK, let me get this straight... They actaully come up with a "hard" quest... One that might take a while to beat, one that will take some "real" thinking, some real team work, possible from multiple classes (instead of the usual bring gaggle casters and spam spells), and people cry "boycott" "wahhhhhh". Come on folks.... A big part of D&D PnP was and is to use your head, to use multiple skills you build into multiple classes to beat various problems.

If you want easy go kill the Reaver over and over on elite with almost no chance of death....... Or the Titan.....

I for one like to be challenged, I like to see them at least try to make other classes other than over-powered casters relevant to the game again.... I like to see them make quests where it takes more than 1 or 2 nukers to be successful again.

It may take some real work, but this raid will be conquered ove rand over... I guess until then the "wahhh" crowd can go conquer the kobolds new ring leader for the 65,000th time

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    Hmm...or greater restore scrolls

No, greater restoration does not cure it. I've already tried that.

Eladrin, I'm not gonna jump to conclusions or start criticising until I got the big picture (having completed the raid). But what's the motivation of giving -10 stats to everyone that dies?

Because at the moment, it's perceived as nerfing people who are unwilling to do puzzles. More than that it's making it even more challenging by hurting the group if someone does have 150 HPs and gets hit by the Abbot's 150+ PT Chain Lightning.

smatt:

One thing you might not understand is the ramifications of some of these changes. The - 10 to all stats after dying is not curable by any means except after resting multiple times at shrines or sitting in a tavern for 2-4 minutes.

Assuming the -10 does not drop your stats below 1 it would mean SEVER hampering of a characters abilities. Imagine a Wizard with a Con of 10 now sitting at a 1 Con. It means you just lost a TON off your Hit Points. It means you are going to die even quicker the second time around.

Now if the - 10 drops your stat to zero or below its game over for you in the raid if you have a 10 or less in any stat. This is not about it being hard this is about a Raid where people WILL die no matter what and now if they get brought back they are severely worse for wear in a quest almost no-one can beat at full power.

I see no point in running this raid myself

There are very few things in D&D that are only curable with bedrest. Psionic ability burn is all I can think of offhand. Touch of Dolurrh... give me a break.

There's a fine line between "challenge" and "bull****." This game in particular has always struggled with it, and I see no improvement in these release notes to say the least.
    -Valok of Khyber, The Free Companions
    Still furious about the horrendous CS mismanagement of the so-called Abbot timer "exploit," and not going to let anyone forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    OK, let me get this straight... They actaully come up with a "hard" quest... One that might take a while to beat, one that will take some "real" thinking, some real team work, possible from multiple classes (instead of the usual bring gaggle casters and spam spells), and people cry "boycott" "wahhhhhh". Come on folks.... A big part of D&D PnP was and is to use your head, to use multiple skills you build into multiple classes to beat various problems.

If you want easy go kill the Reaver over and over on elite with almost no chance of death....... Or the Titan.....

I for one like to be challenged, I like to see them at least try to make other classes other than over-powered casters relevant to the game again.... I like to see them make quests where it takes more than 1 or 2 nukers to be successful again.

It may take some real work, but this raid will be conquered ove rand over... I guess until then the "wahhh" crowd can go conquer the kobolds new ring leader for the 65,000th time

This raid has been conquered, just not with the puzzles.

Not because they are challenging or very hard. its because of issue dealing with lag, latency, voice chat, nothing that has to do with D&D.

Also, if they make harder then what it now, who really wants the raid loot from here except maybe the sword or bow. It aint worth it to even try it except to get the favor and thats it.
    Member of Mythical

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast