Thread: PM Pet?

Community Member

Default PM Pet?

Is this still garbage? I cannot seem to find any posts where the dev's talk about this.

Community Member

It does work pretty good in heroic elites through epic hards as far as I tested on my Wiz18Rog2 with augment summoning.
    Epic Elite? Tried it in prison of the planes. Did not work as well.
    The possible solution would be gear for the pet. To increase its survivability and damage. The damage is just not enough for EEs and a bit too low for EHs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    It does work pretty good in heroic elites through epic hards as far as I tested on my Wiz18Rog2 with augment summoning.
    Epic Elite? Tried it in prison of the planes. Did not work as well.
    The possible solution would be gear for the pet. To increase its survivability and damage. The damage is just not enough for EEs and a bit too low for EHs.
    or give the pet boosts based on the CR rating of the dungeon. obviously not strong enough boosts that you can just let him do his thing, but big enough that he can be viable in all difficulties.
    Last edited by Alcedes; 07-29-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Community Member

anyone actually curious about this, the pet is complete and total trash and not worth a single AP. avoid this mess at all costs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alcedes View Post
    anyone actually curious about this, the pet is complete and total trash and not worth a single AP. avoid this mess at all costs.
    Really? Why? My testing seems to indicate otherwise...
    Your feedback would be very appreciated.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    Really? Why? My testing seems to indicate otherwise...
    Your feedback would be very appreciated.
    because it dies within seconds on some of the more challenging epic hard quests and is nearly insta-killed in epic elite.

because for the massive amount of AP required to max it out you get very little in return. it is no different than any other pet in this game. cute when you first get it. somewhat helpful as you level in some situations. but once you get into epics, it is a poor way to spend your very few AP points.

and as far as i can recall, it cant be healed.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

What buffs on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcedes View Post
    because it dies within seconds on some of the more challenging epic hard quests and is nearly insta-killed in epic elite.
    Have you tried it in the other 98% of the game?
    Frankly, I'd guess that most *players* would die within seconds in the most challenging content you're apparently using as a yardstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcedes
    and as far as i can recall, it cant be healed.
    I'm pretty sure my death auras and NEB were healing it during my messing about last night.

If it can pull levers, 3AP is a reasonable price to pay, if you ask me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Have you tried it in the other 98% of the game?
    Frankly, I'd guess that most *players* would die within seconds in the most challenging content you're apparently using as a yardstick.
    you know, using 'Epic Hard' as a measuring stick is setting the standard VERY low if you ask me. Epic Hard is *yawn* I can solo that **** on most of my toon as can just about everyone else these days.

and we are talking about the PM pet...if you are playing a PM and cant solo 99% of the game on Epic Hard, you need to take a look at what you are doing, and then redo it. PM is easy mode after all

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    I'm pretty sure my death auras and NEB were healing it during my messing about last night.

If it can pull levers, 3AP is a reasonable price to pay, if you ask me.
    then they fixed it. because he was immune to negative energy. try hitting him with your SLA's