Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Pure arty for me please.

I'm a big fan of pure arties, but I've seen and heard of 3 cool multi-class builds.

I was toying with the idea of a bladeforged that is 2 levels paladin, 2 levels rouge, and the rest arty (since you have to take the 1st level as pali).

A player named Tagyis on Sarlona recommended 2 levels Favored Soul, 2 rouge, and the rest arti. And another player from Sarlona, Picu, suggested a similar build with the classes being bard, rouge and arty. Those both sound like fun to play!

Although I like my arty to be pure I'm pondering a multi-classed bladeforged arty.

Just some ideas in case you want to go with a different type of arty build.
    Last edited by Livmo; 07-22-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Community Member

A human arti cant reach higher than 150, same as a non-human non-arti. The only difference is they get there faster.

The OP is asking for advice on how to grind out a character just to grind out the last ~30 levels or so of crafting. Much easier to just grind those last levels on the less-than-optimal character You end up at the same place either way, its just a question of how easy and fast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Although I like my arty to be pure I'm pondering a multi-classed bladeforged arty.

Just some ideas in case you want to go with a different type of arty build.
    Artis are particularly bad when you splash more than /2. I wouldn't recommend an Arti build with less than 18 Arti, unless the Arti was just a splash into something else.

Without lots of Arti levels, your Defender is always way under-level and dies all the time. Your runearms are way under-level and don't have decent damage, plus monsters will save against them. Your spells wont have enough DC either, and monsters will always save against them too. You lose out on everything except repeaters, really.

To the OP, I would just find ANY drow build you'd like to play and don't already have, then LR into it when the enhancement pass goes live next month. No need to worry about Artie or Human; you're already close enough to 140/140/140 to no longer need to stress about it.

(Says the guy whose crafter is a ranger with no dragonmarks whose crafting levels are 132/132/132. Once I had 500-700 of each greater and 2500 of each lesser I shot up from 116/112/114 to 132/132/132 in about an hour, with ~100 of each greater left at a minimum.)

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Artis are particularly bad when you splash more than /2. I wouldn't recommend an Arti build with less than 18 Arti, unless the Arti was just a splash into something else.
    Juggernauts would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelphistez View Post
    Well...

At 100+ crafting, you can already craft every Bound shard that is available. The only reason to want to get to 150 is to be able to craft unbound shards... and that in no way should be a factor in deciding to LR/TR your character. You've maxed out what you can build for your characters via crafting... now just play the game and enjoy yourself. If you continue to decon items, you will slowly progress in your crafting skills anyway.
    Flexible shards is the reason, and the way. Flexible shards are the best thing ever, and they cost a lot less to make than other high level recipes, so they help a lot with gaining the high levels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Juggies are artis in name only They're just Tukaws, basically, with a better set of buffs and trapping. And even then you're still only looking at /4 total splash, its not a 12/6/2 or anything.

To the OP, I would just find ANY drow build you'd like to play and don't already have, then LR into it when the enhancement pass goes live next month. No need to worry about Artie or Human; you're already close enough to 140/140/140 to no longer need to stress about it.

(Says the guy whose crafter is a ranger with no dragonmarks whose crafting levels are 132/132/132. Once I had 500-700 of each greater and 2500 of each lesser I shot up from 116/112/114 to 132/132/132 in about an hour, with ~100 of each greater left at a minimum.)

Any advice on getting more greater essences and efficiently using them for leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    Any advice on getting more greater essences and efficiently using them for leveling?
    Time. Spend a month or so just collecting them from questing and then when you get to 500+ of each greater head to the crafting hall. If there's a recipe you really want sooner rather than later -- maybe flex fire/electric absorption? -- then you could try to buy several hundred greaters for plat or maybe trade an LDS or two.

For efficiently leveling, go back and forth between the bound and unbound machines. Some of the unbound recipes are very cheap in that range, and so are many of the (bound) flex shards.

Also, at very least get the "free" 5% crafting xp pots from house c challenge mat turn-in (use daily tokens to get mats), though a store-bought 20% might be worthwhile depending on how much TP you have and what you still need to buy with your TP.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

Without lots of Arti levels, your Defender is always way under-level and dies all the time. Your runearms are way under-level and don't have decent damage, plus monsters will save against them. Your spells wont have enough DC either, and monsters will always save against them too. You lose out on everything except repeaters, really.
    Obviously not a Pally/Arti BUT:

Rogue Mechanic 13 / Arti 7 is one heck of a good build atm!

Of course - The Devs seem set on nerfing Mechanic in the Enhancement Pass - No idea why!

Also - You do see a LOT of Levelling Builds on the Live Servers with Arti levels - I've even seen Clerics wielding Repeaters!

Pally 7 {HotD} / Arti 13 Should be perfectly fine for getting to 20 and TRing. - You could also go to 8 Pally {for 2nd Lvl Spells} and 12 Arti.

Then getting to Lvl 16+ on a 2nd Life Human Pure Arti is pretty easy too {no u don't need to use a Stone}.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    That's SO not true.

I find the augment slots have helped crafting, not hurt it, from my perspective.

I generally set levels at which I re-equip a toon. When I do, I start with the named items, then move on to twinking. What I'm left with is slots that I want to craft or re-craft an item to cover holes in the layout. Blanked-out augment items allow me a ton of flexibility to finialize my plan.

And the BtCoE items - while really, really nice weapons - don't match named loot in effectiveness. Plus, it is hard to get one of these lootgen items with the various metal types like Adamntine, Silver, and so on. You can always get lucky with a stripped lootgem item with a red crystal augment (really rare, I know), and make a good, all-around boss-beater.
    They do help a lot...as long as you are crafting for level 20+ characters that generally have easy to get better than craftable epic items available. For 1-19 though the slots push base ML's up on crafted gear to be very useful. Better to find lower ML slotted items that fit into one's gear set for any augments and fill in with unslotted (or ML neutral guild slotted) crafted gear in most cases.

Community Member

Well...

At 100+ crafting, you can already craft every Bound shard that is available. The only reason to want to get to 150 is to be able to craft unbound shards... and that in no way should be a factor in deciding to LR/TR your character. You've maxed out what you can build for your characters via crafting... now just play the game and enjoy yourself. If you continue to decon items, you will slowly progress in your crafting skills anyway.
    Sorry to point this out but at level 100 you cannot make every bound shard, bound shard crafting is level 150 and allows to make many useful flexible versions of shards that can be slotted into a wider range of equipment and as they have raised this from 100 to 150 who is to say that it won't be raised again to allow for items with greater that +15 enchantments at a later stage?

Time. Spend a month or so just collecting them from questing and then when you get to 500+ of each greater head to the crafting hall. If there's a recipe you really want sooner rather than later -- maybe flex fire/electric absorption? -- then you could try to buy several hundred greaters for plat or maybe trade an LDS or two.

For efficiently leveling, go back and forth between the bound and unbound machines. Some of the unbound recipes are very cheap in that range, and so are many of the (bound) flex shards.

Also, at very least get the "free" 5% crafting xp pots from house c challenge mat turn-in (use daily tokens to get mats), though a store-bought 20% might be worthwhile depending on how much TP you have and what you still need to buy with your TP.
    Thanks!

Community Member

Well...

False.

There are about shards (mostly "flexibles" which is what gives the system its greatest power) that require L101-150.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    They do help a lot...as long as you are crafting for level 20+ characters that generally have easy to get better than craftable epic items available. For 1-19 though the slots push base ML's up on crafted gear to be very useful. Better to find lower ML slotted items that fit into one's gear set for any augments and fill in with unslotted (or ML neutral guild slotted) crafted gear in most cases.
    I think they are also great at mid-levels. You can put something nice on an item - sup stability, greater spell focus, gr false life, etc and then slot a really nice aug - e.g. heavy fort, gift of the master, vitality +20, etc. Pretty sweet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    Crafting is a decent system, but its been slowly eroded by the new prefix/suffixes that are in the random lootgen and not in the crafting system (lacerating for example), and that will be accelerated in the upcoming release unless the changes like conversion from striding to speed are moved back into cannith crafting.

It was also hurt by the removal of guild augment slots in favor of the colored augment slots.

It's still useful, but becoming outdated. I've invested heavily in crafting, so I hope they bring it up to speed soon.
    True enough. But the OP's already into the 100s, and I'd say it's worth the extra levels for flexible shards. At that point, why not? The worst that could happen is you've always got a source for lowbie gear; on the off chance Turbine ever remembers they made a damned crafting system that needs attention, they'll already have a toon that can take advantage of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12