Community Member

Default Giant stomp spam

Is anyone having problems with giants spamming stomps? I don't know when this started but if you are running from a giant he starts to spam stomps like crazy.
    In a low lvl content its not that bad but in EE GH quests its a big problem.

Community Member

i don't know if this will help when you're being chased by a rampant pack of giants and have no HP left, but in a recent update we got the ability to prevent the knock down effect if we block in time. this might let you time a block to avoid being tripped then let you scarper before their next attempt.

i'm guessing it won't help you with the epic elite gone south, but you neeeever know, it might save your life one day
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Thats the problem, theres no knock down, you just get hitted several times.
    And im not talking about an army of giants. Try jump in threnal and test it.
    When the giant are chasing you, the ground shakes(like when he is doing the stomp) and he hits you all the way until he get reset to his spawn point or get you killed.
    Last edited by pedromega; 07-22-2013 at 12:49 PM.

If you jump while kiting them, the stomp rarely knocks you down or hits you because it occurs behind you.

Displacement/blur/incorporeal/dodge also avoids the stomp and prevents knockdown effect.

If you're a wiz, it's why you skill dump balance too

Doesn't prevent you from getting knocked down, but you get up after 1 sec. So meh. :O

I'm talking about EE Tor giants btw.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 07-22-2013 at 01:37 PM.

When the giant stomps... jump. You are free to continue attacking in this fashion. In fact, if you jump, then direct your descent to the ground in such a way that you are moving around the giant - gravy.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by pedromega View Post
    Thats the problem, theres no knock down, you just get hitted several times.
    And im not talking about an army of giants. Try jump in threnal and test it.
    When the giant are chasing you, the ground shakes(like when he is doing the stomp) and he hits you all the way until he get reset to his spawn point or get you killed.

Getting hitted irks me big time as well!

Down with the Union!!!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM