Adding slayer XP rewards to the island would be great, and I bet it would really increase the participation and turn-in rate of map pieces too.
(Yes, I know we get some Monster Manual XP but an actual slayer would be a cool addition.)
Honestly, I don't get the purpose of those "wings" on Cavalry Plate.
One of the most common complaints that people have is that grouping for non-Cove quests becomes difficult when it's open, and therefore it shouldn't come back very often. The thing is, though, that non-Cove groups are harder to come by specifically because the Cove is only open for a short time. If there weren't the pressure of having to acquire ingredients for items within such a limited time, that problem would cease to be.
It would require one fundamental change so that people could actually get to the Cove mission, perhaps having a personal counter of turned-in map pieces that would open the door (with the target number substantially reduced from the server-wide number it's currently at).
Basically, more Cove, please!
Ok, I’ve come up with an idea of making Crystal Cove exciting again.
First and foremost, I’ve decided that corrosion damage to Warforged is unrealistic. It just simply is out of bounds, and frankly an unseemly thing for me to suggest.
Instead, what the devs need to do is to change the mobs in the wilderness area such that they are actually Rust Monster hybrids. They would be remnants of experiments done by Tovin D’Cannith with the whole Master Artificer story arc, abandoned on the island, and forced into a life of piracy in order to survive. Their creation was the result of a paranoid delusion suffered by Tovin, where he started to believe that his Warforged creations might turn on him. So Tovin creates these rust monster hybrid humanoids as a counter to this potential thread. However, to prevent them from running amok, he keeps them isolated on a remote island, ala The Island of Dr, Moraeu – in this case, Smuggler’s Rest.
The results of Warforged contact with one of the pirate mobs would include:
1) A stun effect, similar to that of a Rust Monster,
3) A construct version of Horrid Wilting,
4) Corrosion Damage over Time effect, kinda like Black Dragon Bolt,
5) A construct-only Curse effect,
6) A 30-second inability to repair,
7) An automatic de-buff that only applies to constructs,
8) A feeble-mind effect, preventing constructs from casting spells,
9) A possible instakill that requires a 32 fort save,
10) Damage to a construct’s waste-disposal systems (similar to loss of bowel control and incontinence in fleshy toons).
Now THAT would be an improvement to Crystal Cove!
11) If a rusty-hybrid kills a construct then they gain a buff similar to the Priestess of Lolth or Necromancers in FR.
12) All artificers with construct essence will be subject to the effects as well, but to a smaller degree.
The Crystal Cove message just popped up in game. Guess the kobold union and Cordo reached an agreement.
Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis
Looks like they did not negotiate any better gear though, still the same stuff apart from the slots now have the new colours
Did they add any of the stuff I suggested to destroy...er...enhance the Warforged experience?
Aww... I was hoping that the Cove would reopen sans the kobold union, privately held by an equity firm, and vendors would now have delicious snack cakes for sale.
Seriously though, I've managed to miss the last few Coves, and have only been there for the very first one, so my bf and I have been antsing for this for years.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload