Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: so. . .Cove?

Default so. . .Cove?

are we going to see any crystal cove this summer?

Community Member

I have some items what need upgrading, so I will farm the daylights out of CC when it comes back.
    But I am in nooooo hurry at all.

Founder

I and my group have been very disappointed that Cove and Mabar have not been back. Apparently they were "broken" with U14 but I thought that they fixed Cove. The holidays are one of the best parts of DDO in my opinion, although some are better than others. Cove and Mabar are the best in my opinion.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I and my group have been very disappointed that Cove and Mabar have not been back. Apparently they were "broken" with U14 but I thought that they fixed Cove. The holidays are one of the best parts of DDO in my opinion, although some are better than others. Cove and Mabar are the best in my opinion.
    We've had both Mabar (last October/November just like always) and Crystal Cove (March this year) Since U14 came out. I doubt we'll see cove again until after the expansion has been out for awhile (Maybe in September for talk like a pirate day?) and Mabar will likely be in October/November again.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I love the Cove.

I like Mabar too, except that it tends to bias against higher level melees (like my Mains).

I have this gut feeling that Cove and Mabar will need to be reexamined in light of the next expansion, I only hope the dev team responsible has foreseen this and allocated a bit of time along the way for it.

Risia? Not big on the twitching. Eveningstar Races? Not big on the timed/mario rewards. I'm not the fastest on the keyboard and these Jump/Rush games, although fun, invariably take me much longer than others - not to mention that they favor specific builds substantially and if ya don't got it, ya dont get it (much).

My opinion, your mileage may vary.

Community Manager

Negotiations are currently underway with the Kobold Union.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Here's a suggestion; make it permanent. It's a cool place to be slaying around in while you wait for groups (raids) to fill. And sometimes you have to wait for over an hour. It's just one big challenge anyways - kind of like Cannith.

what a cute reply. what does the CC Kobold Union ask for? fresh rat deliveries or shutting down waterworks?

Can you negotiate with the Kobold union to upgrade (to min lvl 24 & 28) all items so that its worth the time & effort to run?
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: Home of Tesrali build 2.0

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    We've had both Mabar (last October/November just like always) and Crystal Cove (March this year) Since U14 came out. I doubt we'll see cove again until after the expansion has been out for awhile (Maybe in September for talk like a pirate day?) and Mabar will likely be in October/November again.
    I guess Mabar was so long ago it seemed like before U14 lol. I remembered Cove.

Will they still hate us?

In all seriousness take your time and upgrade the loot to ml 24-28, it's really not worth running until the loot gets some much needed improvements.

I think Crustal Cove would be great if:
    1) All self-healing was turned off,
    2) Warforged took damage over time in the form of corrosion, due to the salt sea air.

Then it would be perfect...

I think Cove would be much better if the Bottomless Flask of Rum was cheaper. I dislike how you have to pay to reduce the cooldown THEN get the higher level version. Why not just keep it at a 5-minute cooldown and just have us pay to upgrade it to a higher tier? Currently, the cost in terms of both time and materials is greater than the benefit, I think. Also, the Flask of Rum is the one item that takes the longest to get.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I think Crustal Cove would be great if:
    1) All self-healing was turned off,
    2) Warforged took damage over time in the form of corrosion, due to the salt sea air.

Then it would be perfect...
    Wow just wow, your post fails in humor, lore, and logic.

I'd prefer they redo the current timing mechanism of CCove/Mabar before re-releasing them. Both offer server-crushing lag for everyone whenever the event starts and exactly the point when a bunch of groups finish their instances simultaneously. Whole server gets slow slow slow.

Some new mechanic that spaces out when each group enters/leaves since the instance creation/tear-down/repopulating general instance seems to be the lag buffing issue. The dragan fights in Mabar also have a strong showing in the lag department.
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    what a cute reply. what does the CC Kobold Union ask for? fresh rat deliveries or shutting down waterworks?
    Maybe that's why the Baudry chain has been shut down.

can there be a negotiation that keeps the lag in CC and nowhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Can you negotiate with the Kobold union to upgrade (to min lvl 24 & 28) all items so that its worth the time & effort to run?
    This. If all the loot isn't getting lvl 24 and 28 upgrades, then there's no point negotiating with the union. Last time Cove came out I didn't set foot in it once (that flask is nowhere near being worth the outrageous grind) - all it brought for me was extra lag in the unrelated parts of the game that I was playing.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Community Member

Having gear for levels over 20 would be an improvement to last time it was here.

I'd greatly appreciate it if ALL of the mobs in the Cove would register in the Monster Manual properly. Last time, the Devs had several months to add them all in but missed several of the mobs. Even though players had pointed out that the mobs from the Cove needed to be included in the Monster Manual with the release of the original Monster Manuals and a good chunk of time before Speak Like A Pirate Day in 2012, which the Cove didn't reopen until Feb/Mar of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Wow just wow, your post fails in humor, lore, and logic.
    Fish on!

Sometimes the best way to keep a thread alive is to 1) talking about gimping Warforged so that the slavish WF-lovers come calling with their resounding outcries of oppression, and 2) somehow gimp something that will make the "you-must-be-self-healing-even-though-the-rest-of-you-build-sucks" crowd howl in outrage.

It then results another 20 pages of debate, hand-wringing, tangential discussions, creative insults, teeth-gnashing, and private introspection.

I'm doing it for the good of the thread. You should take the bait to bolster the likelihood the thread will remain alive.

Do it...do it for the children...

(Warforged need to take corrosion damage while on the island.)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast