Community Member

Default Bard's Enthrallment DC

Hi, I am playing a bard with the virtuoso prestige enhancement line, and when I try to use enthrallment it works just fine on the first tick, but when I attack them, they don't tend to stay enthralled as well as the first tick, ie. the dc on the first tick is working MUCH MUCH better than the dc when I attack them. I don't think this is working as intended. The dc should be the same, shouldn't it?

Check out this site and what it says about enthrallment: http://www.squidoo.com/ddo-virtuoso-guide

Enthrallment has a chance to break on damage. It says so in the description.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmits View Post
    Enthrallment has a chance to break on damage. It says so in the description.
    I know that. I was just wondering why the dc's are different from the first tick of the song to whenever they get hit. Shouldn't the dc's be the same? In other words, if it is difficult for enemies to resist getting enthralled in the first place, shouldn't it be difficult for enemies to break free upon damage?

By the way, my enthrall dc is 43, and my character level is 12, and I tested it out in The Tear of Dhakaan on elite, a level 9 quest. Just thought I'd add that here in my reply.

seem to have a vague memory of someone saying to me that there is a 25% chance each time you hit em that they break free but im not certain. this being a static % independant of any DC you have when charming them in the first place

I've not checked - just got back - but on my Virt for the longest time the duration on Enthrall was only 8 seconds - I bug reported it in the Spring. I'm just now getting spun up again - but I had a definite bug on the duration. It had nothing to do with the DC, it just broke.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uidolon View Post
    seem to have a vague memory of someone saying to me that there is a 25% chance each time you hit em that they break free but im not certain. this being a static % independant of any DC you have when charming them in the first place
    ok, thanks. That sucks though. It seriously reduces the effectiveness of enthrallment, and makes it kinda similar to fascinate. I guess that web site was wrong when it said " Your character's perform skill is used as a chance to break free from your control with every hit they take." http://www.squidoo.com/ddo-virtuoso-guide

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I've not checked - just got back - but on my Virt for the longest time the duration on Enthrall was only 8 seconds - I bug reported it in the Spring. I'm just now getting spun up again - but I had a definite bug on the duration. It had nothing to do with the DC, it just broke.
    It was broken, but they supposedly fixed it. I haven't played my bard in a long time, so I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

Might be still broken.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    It was broken, but they supposedly fixed it. I haven't played my bard in a long time, so I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

Might be still broken.
    Just checked, Capering is still pegged at 8 seconds. I'll bug report it again.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane