Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Today I did a good thing. I feel glad. Rock on DDO. Rock on.

So it all started with me trying to buy some Shroud materials. I ended up giving a guy named Rooknroll Jeff a 2500 Turbine point code for a metric TON of materials. The guy, I felt, was generous. He then went on another Shroud run that popped right after our trade and he proceeded to give me MORE mats.

I immediately started thinking of what I could do for him that would put a smile on his face. I was soon given the answer when he remarked how he was only 200 points away from buying the Menace of the Underdark adventure pack (he bought some Astral shards) and he was really excited. Here is what followed.

The money to me was nothing. But to him, it was everything. I feel glad that I was able to do something for someone else, just because they were a nice person. Sometimes we forget that DDO is special, amidst our complaints and the few bugs. Today, I was able to remember why I play and why I returned.

Because DDO is the best gaming community I've been a part of. So take care everybody. See you around.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarnessaja View Post
    So it all started with me trying to buy some Shroud materials. I ended up giving a guy named Rooknroll Jeff a 2500 Turbine point code for a metric TON of materials. The guy, I felt, was generous. He then went on another Shroud run that popped right after our trade and he proceeded to give me MORE mats.

I immediately started thinking of what I could do for him that would put a smile on his face. I was soon given the answer when he remarked how he was only 200 points away from buying the Menace of the Underdark adventure pack (he bought some Astral shards) and he was really excited. Here is what followed.

The money to me was nothing. But to him, it was everything. I feel glad that I was able to do something for someone else, just because they were a nice person. Sometimes we forget that DDO is special, amidst our complaints and the few bugs. Today, I was able to remember why I play and why I returned.

Because DDO is the best gaming community I've been a part of. So take care everybody. See you around.
    I don't have word for this crazyness. Did you just give REAL MONEY to a stranger over the internet?? Just kidding. Totally awesome of you, blinded generosity at it's best, we rarely see it nowaday.

For you it's a mere 1-2h of job while for him it seems it was like a mountain he couldn't climb. Not trying to make it sound like it's less than it is, because it's just more than enought already hehe. Just awesome. As long you pick those people carefully. Now don't feed the exploiters that have seen this and know how wealthy/generous you might be .

That's a smile on both your face and his that might last for more than one day (for him that's for sure). Totally worth it.

Have a good one and take care.

Oh and thanks for posting, it is good to know that things like that still happen behind everyone trying to abuse/steal each other, I love it.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

I hope he put the code in before you posted the screenshot.

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

This is pretty neat. Good to see there are still people in our community who are willing to stretch the extra mile to help someone else out... I remember giving new players tours and stuff around stormreach at one point in time. Helping them get a good grasp of where they are. Of course, that's one thing. This is something even more strange. Haha. It is just not something you see. Kudos to you.

Wanna buy me Shadowfell? Haha. j/k

Many many props.

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I knew i should have actually tested this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I hope he put the code in before you posted the screenshot.
    Yessir, he did. I would have blacked it out if I wasn't 100% certain it was activated and he had the rewards already.

Nicely done... Now just to figure out how to play with 4 hotbars instead of 20...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

I enjoyed reading this thread. The guy was so obviously overjoyed.

That was a good thing that you did. For what it's worth, I logged in just to post a thanks and +1 you for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Community Member

Nice.

I did similar for a fellow PUGger a while back when for personal reasons, he had to let his VIP expire. Gave him a 5k TP code to get pick up major packs/races that he lost when it expired. Like you, was pittance for me versus him.

As we say in Boston:

Wicked cool, dude!

very cool dude i dont similar but it wasnt for a pug but a guildy she had her vip run out and she really wanted shadowfell and i traded my only ottos box to get her a code ik its not really the same but the satisfaction of actually helping someone else is great
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Can I be your friend please?

I totally know this feeling of someone doing small stuff for other people that don't think it is small stuff. Heck, every time I TR I equip a dozen new players I pug with with screaming of bleeding weaponry and invulnerability armors.

Thanks you for being such a supportive member of the game population. We need more people doing what you did. Not literally, just... be willying to take some time to help fellow players.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

We need more people like you in the game, OP. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    I enjoyed reading this thread. The guy was so obviously overjoyed.

That was a good thing that you did. For what it's worth, I logged in just to post a thanks and +1 you for it.
    Likewise.
    Last edited by Zombie1972; 07-23-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Just got finished firing out some "unhappy" posts...

but then I saw this and needed to stop and say...

"Nice Job!!!" Ragnarnessaja

+1

Dude.

Dude.

Everyone on the forum should +1 you daily for the next year for that.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 22 Warlock) // Valissia (Drow 21 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarnessaja View Post

I'll often throw a couple of guest passes when pugging with people that don't have packs that the party wants to run but this man, is big.

Community Member

Well done. Well done indeed. Although I only solo (I don't get along with anybody), seeing this sort of kindness that transcends a game into real life gives me great hope. You did well.

+1 in game; +infinity in real life.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

This actually inspired me to do something good in game for once as well;

Today I found myself in a pug Heroic Elite Tor farm, with a group of Newer players, who tbh really needed some better gear, and build advice. While we quested I gave out small tidbits of advice here and there, and if they asked for it I gave them some build advice as well. Once we were done I hopped on my bank mule to grab a stack of pots, and I realized how cluttered she was with Heroic gear that was too good to throw away, but I didn't have any need for. So I sent the leader of the group I was with before a tell and invited them to my ship where I proceeded to dish out every non bound item I did not need that they could use.

By the time I was done I had cleared out almost 50 spaces in my inventory/bank.(All gear. Mostly Heroic Elite GH stuff, or blank alchemical/GS stuff)
    As well as an almost full set of +3 tomes for each person in the group. (3 other than me).

You're right. It felt really nice to give all that stuff away that really wasn't doing me any good and didn't mean much to me, but it made the world of difference to this group of New players.

And now that the squishy happy fun times are out of my system, I will return to my normal, cynical, sarcastic, and generally unhelpful self.
    Wouldn't want to ruin my reputation or anything by being nice? or anything...
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    This actually inspired me to do something good in game for once as well;

Today I found myself in a pug Heroic Elite Tor farm, with a group of Newer players, who tbh really needed some better gear, and build advice. While we quested I gave out small tidbits of advice here and there, and if they asked for it I gave them some build advice as well. Once we were done I hopped on my bank mule to grab a stack of pots, and I realized how cluttered she was with Heroic gear that was too good to throw away, but I didn't have any need for. So I sent the leader of the group I was with before a tell and invited them to my ship where I proceeded to dish out every non bound item I did not need that they could use.

By the time I was done I had cleared out almost 50 spaces in my inventory/bank.(All gear. Mostly Heroic Elite GH stuff, or blank alchemical/GS stuff)
    As well as an almost full set of +3 tomes for each person in the group. (3 other than me).

You're right. It felt really nice to give all that stuff away that really wasn't doing me any good and didn't mean much to me, but it made the world of difference to this group of New players.

And now that the squishy happy fun times are out of my system, I will return to my normal, cynical, sarcastic, and generally unhelpful self.
    Wouldn't want to ruin my reputation or anything by being nice? or anything...
    Who are you and what did you do with Ara?

And whatever you did with her, keep her!

ON a different note, I haven't had the opportunity to do it in this game, but I try to do the "Pay it Forward" once a week...Mostly at Starbucks. Kudos to everyone here who does the same!

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Who are you and what did you do with Ara?

And whatever you did with her, keep her!

ON a different note, I haven't had the opportunity to do it in this game, but I try to do the "Pay it Forward" once a week...Mostly at Starbucks. Kudos to everyone here who does the same!
    Die Prep. Just die already.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast