Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,973

    Default Needin some help on mah TR strategeries.

    Since I learned about the upcoming enhancement pass thingy, I've been holding off TR'ing several of my toons.
    Now, out of my ten toons, 2 of which are mules, 6 are over lvl 20. Which makes it a weee bit difficult to run with my guildies,(who TR every five minutes it seems like) all the time.

    Basically, I'm needin advice on TR'ing 1st life fighters for now. They both have tons of gear specific to their particular setup.
    My main is a Stalwart 3 that weilds dual khopeshes most of the time. He switches to a great sword or axe, or S&B depending on the situation.
    My 2nd is a Kensei 3 fighter that wields dwarven axes or a great axe. Should I go barb next life on these guys? Pally? Monk? Rogue?
    I don't have an end game scenario in mind for any of my toons but one, I'm not even gonna try for completionist, but I will probably get up to at least 5 or 6 lives per toon. I'm just wanting to make my already powerful 1st lifer melee toons moar better.
    I want to see those 6k+ crits like I've seen on the youtubes.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    I want to see those 6k+ crits like I've seen on the youtubes.
    Sorry to break it to ya, pastlives won't help you reach those ubercrits. The only pastlives that have any relation to damage are Monk, and that's a whopping +1 stackable to +3; unless you count therave clickie you get from the Barbarian active/toughness pastlife. TRing will get you a few more build points (up to 36) and that's about it towards your goal.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

  3. #3
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Since I learned about the upcoming enhancement pass thingy, I've been holding off TR'ing several of my toons.
    Now, out of my ten toons, 2 of which are mules, 6 are over lvl 20. Which makes it a weee bit difficult to run with my guildies,(who TR every five minutes it seems like) all the time.

    Basically, I'm needin advice on TR'ing 1st life fighters for now. They both have tons of gear specific to their particular setup.
    My main is a Stalwart 3 that weilds dual khopeshes most of the time. He switches to a great sword or axe, or S&B depending on the situation.
    My 2nd is a Kensei 3 fighter that wields dwarven axes or a great axe. Should I go barb next life on these guys? Pally? Monk? Rogue?
    I don't have an end game scenario in mind for any of my toons but one, I'm not even gonna try for completionist, but I will probably get up to at least 5 or 6 lives per toon. I'm just wanting to make my already powerful 1st lifer melee toons moar better.
    I want to see those 6k+ crits like I've seen on the youtubes.

    Thanks in advance.
    Those crits are the result of epic destinies, legendary dreadnaut and fury of the wild to be specific. To get those numbers you need a high base damage weapon like a gaxe with a x3 multi, overwhelming critical, and any other way to improve crit multi. Past lives really won't do anything for what you are trying to do.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Pros and cons of pure Paladin/Barbarian/Monk:

    Paladin:

    Pros: Easiest selfhealing, past life that is usefull to everyone except palemasters, Prolly the most HPs (in Defender ofc), awesome saves. You will be very durable and selfsufficient.
    Cons: Worst DPS of those three. You are also restricted to Lawfull Good alig, which means you will get hit by Chaos Hammers and various kinds of unholy damage in full power. IMHO, paladins are boring. With enchancements pass, you will get some interesting DPS ability, but its a trade off for survivability and you prolly still end up as worse DPS of the three.

    Monk:

    Pros: Very good selfhealing with scrolls, improved evasion, nice saves, various imunities and resistances, fast movement. DPS is decent, not top notch (no 6K here). IMHO, monk is super fun. You will also bring unique buffs or debuffs to the party.
    Cons:P2P, past life is... well, not totally useless, but close. Active past life is pretty much usefull only for monk splashes. YOu are restriced in your weapons of choice, your DPS is not the best, but generally, its decent.

    Barbarian:

    Pros: Aside from paladin in stance, you will have by far the most HPs. You will have by far the best DPS and generally, you will be a killing machine - here you will see those 6k dmg, possibly even on heroic levels. Past life is great for anyone, active is very usefull on lower levels, for some builds, it will great even on end game. Fast movement and decent situational saves.
    Cons: Selfhealing and survivability. Barbarians are worst class in game when it comes to selfhealing, as they are pretty much restricted only to pots, unless you want to drop DPS significantly (and SF pots will drop it anyway). Then again, with hire or kind divine/druid/bard, you will be hard to stop. Good luck finding such ppl.


    I would generally recommend Barbarian for past life and if you want to see those ubercrits, monk for fun or paladin only for its pastlife.

    BTW: Making a decent paladin or monk is easier w?*th thrid life (more points to distribute) while barbarians pretty much invest only to Str/Con/possibly Dex and rest is not that essential. Then again, with barb on higher level, you will be very dependant on healers or will spend a lot of plat on pots.


    These are my opinions and anyone can disagree.

  5. #5
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,673

    Default

    If you are collecting past lives on your characters, then what they TR into should mainly depend on what past life feats you are looking to collect: http://ddowiki.com/page/Past_Life_Feats.

    (edited)

    It sounds like you've waited a long time to TR your characters. Wait another months for the expansion to come out before you decide what to do with them. Understand the new mechanics and have a plan for your characters' final life before you TR so you don't end up wasting time collecting past lives you find you don't need.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 07-21-2013 at 06:58 PM.

  6. #6
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    If you are collecting past lives on your characters, then what they TR into should mainly depend on what past life feats you are looking to collect: http://ddowiki.com/page/Past_Life_Feats.

    You will also need to consider what you get from the epic TR option if it is being introduced in the next update. I do not have access to the closed beta, so I do not know if epic TR is around the corner or not.

    It sounds like you've waited a long time to TR your characters. Wait another months for the expansion to come out before you decide what to do with them.
    etr was slated for u20 the august expansion is u19

  7. #7
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,097

    Default

    Don't let enhancement pass hold your TRing progress.

    They will give everyone +20 hearts, so you will be able to rebuild your toons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,973

    Default Thanks for the excellent advice everyone

    Think I'll split the difference and only TR one toon between now and the enhancement past.
    Most likely my Dorf.
    I think he's gonna be a barb next life.
    Yeah...a big, stupid WF barb with absolutely zero healing amp and 1200 hps! The healers will just LOVE me to death!

    Seriously though, you all gave me food for thought.

    Got some cipherin' ta do now.

  9. #9
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Think I'll split the difference and only TR one toon between now and the enhancement past.
    Most likely my Dorf.
    I think he's gonna be a barb next life.
    Yeah...a big, stupid WF barb with absolutely zero healing amp and 1200 hps! The healers will just LOVE me to death!

    Seriously though, you all gave me food for thought.

    Got some cipherin' ta do now.
    Healer still hate you, healer remember six con zero fort. =P

  10. #10
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Healer still hate you, healer remember six con zero fort. =P
    They remember improved fort feat much better
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    They remember improved fort feat much better

    lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload