Default DDO and LOTRO and AC/AC2

Seeing how Sony has taken to having a bundle subscription for their games (All Access - $20/month for VIP/Gold/Legendary memberships, and the perks of those premium memberships, to 8 games), would it be of interest to any of the players here to see if Turbine would start a similar program. Say, $15 month for VIP membership to DDO and LOTRO (including the perks and TP stipend) and membership to AC/AC2. I see it as a way for Turbine to (possibly) increase populations of all games with little increased cost to the players.

Just an idea I had outta the blue while looking at my games list on my PC....

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

It already costs $15 per 1 month of 1 Turbine game.

But its nice idea to have a bundle.

That would be a licensing nightmare. Money to Saul Zentz, Hasbro, and themselves. How would you prorate the funds? time played? Number of characters?

I think the only reason there's a bundle for AC1 and AC2 is because they own both properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    That would be a licensing nightmare. Money to Saul Zentz, Hasbro, and themselves. How would you prorate the funds?
    Actually makes me wonder how much those parties get from each subscriber. Actually wonder if $20/month would cover all the costs between Turbine and licensing fees.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Actually makes me wonder how much those parties get from each subscriber. Actually wonder if $20/month would cover all the costs between Turbine and licensing fees.
    I don't think they get money from each vip sold, they're just probably given huge bag of gold with amount determied when renting licency was signed.

I just wish they would copy/paste the LOTRO music system to DDO for bards.

I'm getting awefully sick of playing the same 3 bard tunes over and over! *sigh*
    Casters should be able to multiclass too!
    Give us our own version of a BAB! - Publication:Unearthed Arcana/Magic Rating

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueToo View Post
    I just wish they would copy/paste the LOTRO music system to DDO for bards.

I'm getting awefully sick of playing the same 3 bard tunes over and over! *sigh*
    I wanted to play the original Asheron's call some months back, and I felt I should get a price break since I was already a DDO VIP. I asked account support and they agreed it was worth investigating but knew of no plans to go that route at the time.

I think it would be a great way to cross-populate games...I mean I can only play one MMO at a time so if they got just a little more $$$ out of me that's "free" money for no additional resources.